1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Can you find the next verse?

Discussion in 'Sports, Games and Health' started by carolinasteve, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Can you find the next verse?

Alright, lets do some digging. The name of the game is to find the verse I quote, then post the next verse. Then find a verse you want some one else to find and follow, and post it up. I know it can be frustrating for people who don't have the whole book memorized(like myself) so if you want to ask for clues, or provide them, that is fine and encouraged. Hopefully, this may help some of us memorize some scriptures Anyone interested? (I would suggest posting the translation you are quoting from, but quoting the next verse from the same translation as the challenge verse is not required.)This game isn't supposed to stump anyone,it's just supposed to be fun, so if you want to use an Bible search tool like Bible Gateway feel free, but remember forum rules when copying and pasting.
    Let's begin,shall we?

" But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats?"(KJV)
    HINT=Book of James

2. Alright, I'll bite. Shouldn'a given the hint, though, I found it in about a minute. Next verse is James 2:7 "Do they not blaspheme the fair name by which you have been called?"

Okay, now I gotta find one. Uuuuuuummmmm! (Thinks really hard, leafs frantically through Bible) Okay! I got one.
    "Suffer hardship with me as a good soldier of Christ Jesus." NASB
    "Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ" King Jimmy

3. 2Ti 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. :D

Tit 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, - King James Authorized

4. Oy! Ok, let's see...

"My beloved [shepherd] is to me a cluster of henna flowers in the vineyards of En-gedi [famed for its fragrant shrubs]. Behold, you are beautiful, my love! Behold, you are beautiful! You have doves' eyes."

Hint: Songs of Solomon, amplified bible