1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Can Prayers Change Hair Color?

Discussion in 'Sports, Games and Health' started by Polly, May 17, 2014.

1. #1 Polly, May 17, 2014
    Last edited: May 17, 2014
    I am not sure if this is a health topic, but at least it has something to do with DNA.

Can prayer change the hair color? My natural hair color is dark ash blonde, almost light brown, and I dye my hair platinum blonde because I prefer my hair to be platinum blonde. Can prayers change my hair color genetics permanently so I can have platinum blonde hair color? Or will there ever be any pills someday in the future that will do something to the body so the hair grows as a new color the person wants? And I was a platinum blonde naturally when I was a little girl (under 10 years old).

And I saw that my hair is also turning a bit orange or red too...
  2. :::rolls eyes::: Polly I do love you but this is just silly.
  3. lol. So no, God won't change my hair color?
  4. Why not? Because we have to be happy with our natural hair color because God created us with our natural hair colors?
  5. Goid can do all things, but He wants you to embrace how He made you....which is beautiful.

Psalm 139:13-18 (NLT)
    You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
    and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
    14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
    Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
    15 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
    as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
    16 You saw me before I was born.
    Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
    Every moment was laid out
    before a single day had passed.
    17 How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.
    They cannot be numbered!
    18 I can’t even count them;
    they outnumber the grains of sand!
    And when I wake up,
    you are still with me!

6. YES HE will!! When you get old your hair will turn platinum GREY! LOL/ Shiny. smooth. silky..........don't push it so fast hehehehe...you'll get there in no time :) God Bless you Polly sis
    LanceA and Euphemia say Amen and like this.
  7. In the Bible, God answers prayer when it brings glory to Him and when it draws His people closer to Him. I do not see how something such as hair color accomplishes either, so I'm afraid it would be a bit of a vain prayer. It's better to be happy with who God created you to be rather than always seeking to be something else, but I guess dye is an option. I would REALLY avoid anything that would change your genetics though. I don't think many good things could come from that.
  8. Faith can change hair color. Do you have enough faith in God?
  9. I don't know. I believe God can do anything, but sometimes I doubt him, but I heard that all Christians will have some doubts about Him sometimes. And maybe He can change my hair color black to natural platinum blonde because I had natural platinum blonde hair when I was a child, but then it got dark ash blonde, almost light brown, kind of like Hermione Granger/Emma Watson.
  10. Why do you want to change your hair color?
  11. Because I think my real hair color is platinum blonde as I had it when I was a child, and I anyway don't like my dark ash blonde hair color that's almost light brown... I want to look like a polar bear girl. :D
  12. And I also want to enhance my Norse-heritage. Blue eyed blonde with pale skin. :p
  13. Well why not just let it go back to its natural color? You should be careful Polly not to get into trying to test the Lord... I mean if you really have an important need then be happy to pray for those things first. And its ok to talk to the Lord, like a friend, about your hair but don't try to test Him...you know what I mean?
  14. What exactly is testing? And also, is it part of life and God's creation that the hair color changes into darker as the person gets older or is it something else that the hair gets darker as the person gets older? My hair color turned in dark ash blonde when I was 10 years old.
  15. Well "testing" the Lord is like when the Devil told Jesus "if your really the son of God" do this and that...its kinda like telling a friend "if your really my friend you will do every thing I want you to do"....God always knows that He is God, and He don't really like it when we say "prove it"...do you understand what Im saying?
  16. And their is nothing wrong with how you want your hair, you can talk to Him about it and He might just put in your heart the thing you need to know or do about it? If your barn needs painting? paint it! If it needs two coats of paint, give it two coats! ...lol
  17. Ok... Am I testing God?
  18. It seems like you might be trying to treat Him like a magic wish thing? I say just ask yourself a few good questions about what and why you are praying about something? And ask the Lord for wisdom to understand these things a little better.
    Euphemia likes this.
  19. As a child I had very blonde, even whitish hair but when I got into my teens it began to darken until by the time I was 30 and had my hair cut (I had been colouring it blonde since I was a teen) what remained was a chestnut brown. This is a normal progression for many, many people, and also for those in my immediate family. Blonde in childhood and dark in adulthood. It is most likely the same with you, Polly.

I have sometimes wished I could still be blonde,which is the girl in me, I guess, but I know that is not possible for me apart from dyeing it or bleaching it, so I relegate those blonde years to my childhood memory file. I recommend you do that, also. In the meantime have some fun with colour treatment, like I do. But don't make it an exercise in faith. Accept yourself the way God has made you and move on to more important things.