Can I Be A Scientist And A Christian?

Actually: "scientific theories are explanations of natural phenomena built up logically from testable observations and hypotheses." Teaching About Evolution and the Nature of Science - National Academy Press

Do you know the definition of evolution?

are we talking about the entirety of the theory of evolution or just the word evolution per se?

the former, the change of a kind through numerous still unidentified adaptive evolution processes.
the latter, the development and diversity of living organisms to suit their environment.

big difference

are we talking about the entirety of the theory of evolution or just the word evolution per se?

the former, the change of a kind through numerous still unidentified adaptive evolution processes.
the latter, the development and diversity of living organisms to suit their environment.

big difference

What is a "kind"?

So you recognise that evolution is true, but you disagree with natural selection?

Edit: Or is it abiogenesis that you have a problem with?

What is a "kind"?
fish evolving to humans for instance

So you recognise that evolution is true, but you disagree with natural selection?

Edit: Or is it abiogenesis that you have a problem with?

no, i definitely agree to natural selection. good thing you mentioned that.
natural selection is powerful but it cannot create anything genuinely new. that is because the traits selected for survival and propagation must already exist in the gene pool of the population. at base, all natural selection does is adjust the relative frequency of a given gene's expression information. very far from morphing species into something unprecedented. so the claim of darwin on the theory of evolution was actually refuted by natural selection.

fish evolving to humans for instance

no, i definitely agree to natural selection. good thing you mentioned that.
natural selection is powerful but it cannot create anything genuinely new. that is because the traits selected for survival and propagation must already exist in the gene pool of the population. at base, all natural selection does is adjust the relative frequency of a given gene's expression information. very far from morphing species into something unprecedented. so the claim of darwin on the theory of evolution was actually refuted by natural selection.

But natural selection is the theory.

Evolution is a mechanism: "In fact, evolution can be precisely defined as any change in the frequency of alleles within a gene pool from one generation to the next." Biology - Helena Curtis and N. Sue Barnes, W H Freeman

But natural selection is the theory.
*scientific
test and observed.
ever heard of the adaptations from galapagos island? that is a clear evidence of the natural selection.
Evolution is a mechanism: "In fact, evolution can be precisely defined as any change in the frequency of alleles within a gene pool from one generation to the next." Biology - Helena Curtis and N. Sue Barnes, W H Freeman
yes evolution per se, i concur to that.
but the claim of darwin on his theory of evolution that a kind could evolve to another kind is non-evident baseless and not scientific.
the theory of evolution states that all living organism came from a common ancestor. which is proven to be not possible because of the incapability of living organisms, humans for instance, to add genetic information, we can only lose genetic information, we cannot gain it.

*scientific
test and observed.
ever heard of the adaptations from galapagos island? that is a clear evidence of the natural selection.

but the claim of darwin on his theory of evolution that a kind could evolve to another kind is non-evident baseless and not scientific.
the theory of evolution states that all living organism came from a common ancestor. which is proven to be not possible because of the incapability of living organisms, humans for instance, to add genetic information, we can only lose genetic information, we cannot gain it.

So you accept evolution as a mechanism and natural selection as a theory.

Well done. You and Darwin are in agreement. :)

So you accept evolution as a mechanism and natural selection as a theory.

Well done. You and Darwin are in agreement. :)

if that is the statement, yes.

then it is very clear that a Christian can be a scientist at the same time.
because even science can not deny the existence of an Intelligent creator/designer.

if that is the statement, yes.

then it is very clear that a Christian can be a scientist at the same time.
because even science can not deny the existence of an Intelligent creator/designer.

By accepting current biology - it is pretty clear that gods are not required.

By accepting current biology - it is pretty clear that gods are not required.
we're are going to circles, do you not understand my statements?
if it is not possible that we came from a common ancestor then an Intelligent designer and creator is necessary, and who do you think that is? God. is it not understandable to you? and do i seriously need to elaborate this?
another proven fact on biology.
that all living species on their respective kinds including humans based on their genetic composition came from a single pair.
*ehem* adam and eve *ehem*

you say it's "pretty clear" without stating anything to substantiate your claims.

Last edited:
if it is not possible that we came from a common ancestor then an Intelligent designer and creator is necessary, and who do you think that is? God. is it not understandable to you? and do i seriously need to elaborate this?
that all living species on their respective kinds including humans based on their genetic composition came from a single pair.

you say it's "pretty clear" without stating anything to substantiate your claims.

I cannot understand what you are trying to say.

Try reading this - it will help you: http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/evo101/IIntro.shtml (Evolution 101).

I cannot understand what you are trying to say.

Try reading this - it will help you: http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/evo101/IIntro.shtml (Evolution 101).

in layman's term hahaha im saying this can not be true
The central idea of biological evolution is that all life on Earth shares a common ancestor, just as you and your cousins share a common grandmother.
quoted on the link you shared.
how you ask? i'm tired of explaining things so do your studies about genetics, and please read facts :))

in layman's term hahaha im saying this can not be true

quoted on the link you shared.
how you ask? i'm tired of explaining things so do your studies about genetics, and please read facts :))

Why? I accept modern biology.

You are flip-flopping all over the place.

i could not agree more.
as far as facts are concerned, science never proved evolution to be true.
it's just a theory, an assumption.

Flip.

*scientific
test and observed.

Flop.

Flip.

Seriously, I cannot even work what you are attempting to communicate.

Back