Can God Heal An Unbeliever?

My father's side's cousin's mother has the ALS disease now. It's the disease that when muscles stop moving... It's so sad, and she is only 53 or soon 53... I don't want her to die so soon, and she is Lutheran, and from my experience, Lutherans are very much involved in worldly things and Lutherans believe that lust is not a sin because it's a feeling and they also believe that it's only a recommendation to save the sex for marriage and not an obligation...

I prayed for her if I remember and I sent a prayer request to a prayer group to heal her, but she still has ALS...

Can God heal unbelievers?

ALS is terrible, I am very, very sorry to hear that you have a loved one that has it.

CAN God heal unbelievers? Well, yes, of course He can. Sometimes, though, believer or not, He says 'no' I speak from personal experience when my husband died at just 54. I know that "... all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose", nevertheless, I admit that I might have preferred another lesson from His hand.

As far as whether her being a Lutheran means she's not a 'real' believer, all I can say is this: If the woman of which you speak believes in her heart that Jesus is the Son of God, has given her sins to Him to be forgiven, and claims His salvation with her whole heart, then she belongs to Him and is sealed by the Holy Spirit - regardless of denomination. May I humbly suggest that your prayer for her be not merely for healing of her body, but also for a softened conscience, a convicted spirit, and the 'renewing of her mind'? The power of the blood of Christ is infinite and never dependent upon our absolutely perfect behavior but rather the Faith in our hearts. If a believer is being led astray by false teaching, the Lord (Holy Spirit) is quite capable of dealing with anything that she might be doing that is wrong, or believing that is false. Consider Hebrews Chapter 12:
" ... the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son. Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father? If you are not disciplined—and everyone undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all. Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of spirits and live! They disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, in order that we may share in his holiness. No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it."

I hope and pray with all my heart that this may help you a little. :)

It is my opinion that no healing ever occurs for anyone except by the work and grace of G-d, believers or not, no matter what medical care they did or did not receive, no matter what medicine they did or did not receive. Some believers took the medical care and some did not: some lived and some did not. It is all by the decision of our Creator.

Many people have gone up in airplanes: most such airplanes land properly but my first husband's did not. That does not mean we stop flying or become concerned that the airplane won't land properly.

G-d is absolutely in control over all and has told us He is the Healer. Messiah took the stripes. What happens is in God's control, and that should give us peace.

God healed my cat, so He can certainly heal unbelievers. the problem exists in the lack of faith. MY cat was healed because I prayed the prayer of faith. Unbelievers do not have faith, so the haling will come as mercy through the faith of someone else. When Jesus walked the earth and encountered sick people, He asked them, "Do you want to be healed?"---or "Will you be healed?" The unbeliever at the very least must consent to the prayer of faith of a believer commanding the illness.

James 5:14-15 (NLT)
Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make you well. And if you have committed any sins, you will be forgiven.

Mark 16:17-18 (NLT)
These miraculous signs will accompany those who believe: They will cast out demons in my name, and they will speak in new languages. 18 They will be able to handle snakes with safety, and if they drink anything poisonous, it won’t hurt them. They will be able to place their hands on the sick, and they will be healed.”

KingJ - you are aware that you are quoting the Pharisees?

"God does not listen to the prayers of sinners"

That is the Pharisees speaking, not Our Lord.
For God does listen to sinners, He listens to us doesn't He?

Back