Can Faith Alone Save?

I am not sure how to put into words what I am thinking.....

I think I understand your point, maybe we should examine 'dead faith' as being 'false faith'? Now I am not one to be judging a person's salvation-that is betwixt you and the Lord. So please don't anyone take it that way.

Much of Christ's rebuttal against the Jews was about their false faith-I mean Jesus called them children of the "devil" while in the temple! Pretty strong stuff against the religious authority and the 'faithful followers'. John 8

Faith in Christ (which includes following His commandments John 14:15, Matthew 22:36-40, John 13:34-35) is all you need-His Grace-His Works give us salvation. Not anything that we can do. 1 John 2:2, 1 Peter 2:24

1 Timothy 2:1-6
2 Peter 3:9
Acts 10:34-35
John 3:16
Matthew 28:18-20
Mark 16:15-16
Revelation 22:17

Think about the key figures in the Bible like David, Solomon, King Saul, Adam & Eve, Moses, etc.....They ALL fell. That doesn't mean they lost their salvation.....

I think you put it into words just fine you old DRS!

When you are blind. Bec. You lack those things this also mean your faith is dead bec Faith without work is dead. So how can your dead faith save you? It’s also something with our salvation..

They were saved by grace, nothing to argue. And now we work with God df. From work we do alone... again.

Bless your heart Reanne...........I wish I could help you see that you are not grasping the context of the Scriptures you are posting. You are pulling out verses and trying to force them into your way of understanding and my dear, and it just will not work..

2 Peter 1:9 which you are using is Peter encouraging his readers to be excited about their salvation. We all need to be secure in what we believe. We all need to know what we believe. We all need to be secure in what we believe lest we be seduced and fall by the wayside.

The security of the believer is always objective and the assurance of salvation is always subjective. That is what Peter is saying because then just as now believers are prone to forget that they have been saved from the beating they take from the devil, life, and the world all around them.

Back