Can Christians Go To Acupuncture?

Discussion in 'Sports, Games and Health' started by Polly, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Exactly! :)

2. I humbly agree with @CeileDe in regards to faith. I think with the right amount of faith, anything can be done. Every time the disciples couldn't heal, cast out a demon, walk on water, or whatever, Jesus's response was always because of their lack of faith. If Jesus considered the disciples to have little faith, who gave up everything to follow Christ, then who among us has even little faith? Sure God can use doctors to heal us, but wouldn't using a doctor further take from our faith? Just a thought, but wouldn't it be like saying, "Even though I prayed to you God, and asked you to heal, I'm still going to take matters in my own hand and go to the doctor." Where is the faith in that? That's not little faith, thats no faith. And the bible says the one who doubts, shouldn't expect anything from Him.

"However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?" - Bible

or a different translation:
    "But when the Son of Man returns, how many will he find on the earth who have faith?""

3. How about faith in a doctor guided by God?

Scripture Bird and Where is the Messiah say Amen and like this.
  4. Sure, but do we really need a doctor with the right amount of faith? Did Elisha need to go through a doctor to heal Naam of leprosy? Or did he simply say, "wash and be cleansed?"

5. I have never seen God heal anyone. For instance, my mother has been "sick" for nearly a decade. I would assume that at least one person that prayed for her over that time had very strong faith. My grandfather has COPD and he hasn't been healed despite years worth of prayers from hundreds of people.

I imagine if God doesn't want you healed then you won't be healed regardless of what a doctor does.

I think there is a danger in saying those that aren't healed of some sickness just lack faith. Even Paul wasn't healed. Did he just not have enough faith?

6. This smacks of doing something to earn your healing. And if you don't get it, well you just didn't have enough of the right kind of faith.

Don't get me wrong, God can and does heal, but don't tell Him how He is to do it.

7. God is not mocked. Test not the Lord thy God.
    When it is agreed God created Doctors, thinking faith is all that is needed to heal the most serious illnesses is an example of pride. That one can hold faith inside themselves enough to not need the Doctors God put on the face of the earth to do his will through their expertise.

Articles: children who died parents prayer instead of doctors (1 child's story is 1 too many. :cry: )

1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

8. God wants everyone healed. It is never His will that anyone be sick. It is wrong to use the argument that Paul was not healed as a basis for believing that God wants people sick...because Paul's thorn was not an illness of any kind.

9. Of course there is always an exception. With Paul, he was expecting to be healed. I think thats why he prayed 3 times about it, but then God gave him an answer, and clearly told him why he was not going to be healed.

I wouldn't say you have to do something to "earn" it, but the Bible clearly talks about what the measure of ones faith can and can't do, does it not?

10. What was the reason he was not going to get healed?

11. It's not an example of pride. What about the centurion man? He didn't need a doctor, and he told Jesus “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed"

So would we say to Christ in the situation "Don't tell him how he is to do it"?

Instead Christ said to him: “Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith." "“Go! Let it be done just as you believed it would.” And his servant was healed at that moment."

12. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions,in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

13. It is His will for some to be sick.

But the Lord inflicted serious diseases on Pharaoh and his household because of Abram’s wife Sarai.

He said, “If you listen carefully to the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you.

The Lord will keep you free from every disease. He will not inflict on you the horrible diseases you knew in Egypt, but he will inflict them on all who hate you.

The Lord will plague you with diseases until he has destroyed you from the land you are entering to possess. 22 The Lord will strike you with wasting disease, with fever and inflammation, with scorching heat and drought, with blight and mildew, which will plague you until you perish.

However, sometimes sickness is not due to sin, based on this passage:

"As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned,this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.

autumn oddity likes this.
  14. It is not God's will for His children to be sick. In the OT, He inflicted judgment on the disobedient and the wicked. Other than that, illness is simply the result of living in a fallen world, but that is not God's doing, or His will for any of His people.

15. Wait, does this mean that God wants me to be mentally and neurologically sick?

16. "As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned,this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.[/QUOTE]
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that it was a common belief (at least to the disciples) that the blind mans disability was caused by sin. However, Christ says in this verse, the reason this man was blind from birth is so that the work of God might be displayed. So based on this verse, is it possible that some disabilities is due to sin of the person or even their parents, and some sin is so that the work of God might be displayed?

17. We humans have taken God out of the equation for healing. We are negative and lack faith for healing to manifest in our lives. Jesus never once said go to the doctor and I will use them to heal you. We have replaced God with doctors.

Where is the Messiah and Euphemia say Amen and like this.
  18. This isn't a competition

Euphemia likes this.
  19. ...

20. I agree