1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Can An Arab Christian Love Israel? Part Ii

Discussion in 'News and Articles' started by jerusalemgifts, Jun 18, 2014.

Do you Love Israel?

1. Yes

2. No

0 vote(s)
  3. Not Sure

0 vote(s)
  1. By Esther Korson
    Part 2 of 2
    In the first part of this blog, I told the testimony of an Arab Christian from Bethlehem who came to know and to love the Jewish people. It’s a rare occurrence in this day and age, but it’s hard to understand why it’s so rare. God calls Himself the God of Israel, and Yeshua is the Messiah of Israel. I’ve heard of many ‘Christians’ who have adopted ‘Replacement Theology’, believing that God is finished with the Jewish people and all of the blessings are now for the church instead. And just yesterday I heard that there are a large number of Evangelical Christians—until now Israel’s staunchest supporters—who believe that this Israel has nothing to do with the Lord! I’m practically speechless!

For those who uphold those strange beliefs, it would behold them to read very carefully Paul’s words to the Gentile Christians in Romans 11; especially where he cautions “Has God cast away His people? God forbid…God has not cast away His people which He foreknew…” And then he warned them, “Boast not against the branches (Israel)…Be not high minded, but fear…For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits: that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in, and so all Israel shall be saved…”

He shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah (Isaiah 11:2)
    Those who have swallowed those lies need only to be pitied and prayed for, because they are missing so many of the miracles of God that have occurred—and that continue to occur—since Israel became a nation. They are missing the wonders of being alive in this day when Biblical prophecies have been fulfilled—and are still being fulfilled—right before our eyes!
    Somehow I’m reminded of a state dinner given in former Prime Minister Begin’s honour in Washington D. C. in the late ‘70’s. A number of us were watching it live on the Israeli TV channel (in those days, that was the only channel). President Reagan began the meeting by telling some slightly off-colour Bible jokes, not realizing that they would be an offense to Mr. Begin. And then it was Prime Minister Begin’s turn to speak. This is the tongue-in-cheek story that he told:

“I apologize in advance for the chauvinism of this story! A while ago, I was invited to President Reagan’s oval office. I noticed while there that he had three telephones on his desk, a red one, a white one, and a blue one.
    ‘What are they for?’ I asked him.
    ‘The red one is our direct line to Moscow, and the blue one is to Thatcher,’ Reagan replied.
    ‘And what about the white one?’ I asked.
    ‘Oh, that is our line to God.’
    ‘Do you use it often?’ I asked.
    ‘Oh, no,’ Reagan hastily replied. “It’s a very long distance call, you know, and we have to try to conserve costs!’

And then President Reagan came to visit me (a dig because Reagan had not come to visit Begin), in Jerusalem, our eternal capital. (When we heard that statement on Israeli television, it was greeted with wild cheers, as it was said with Begin’s usual great courage. Neither the United States nor most other capitals of the world will recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel!) And he noticed that I also have three telephones on my desk, a red one, a white one and a blue one.

‘And what are your telephones for?’ Reagan asked me.
    And so I told him that the red one was to Sadat (Begin and Sadat had just made peace between Egypt and Israel); and the blue one was to Mitterrand. (It was a dig because France at that time had been so anti-Israel).
    ‘And the white one?’ Reagan asked.
    ‘Oh, that’s our direct line to God.’
    ‘And do you use it very often?’ Reagan inquired.
    ‘Of course!’ I told him. ‘All the time! From Jerusalem it’s considered a local call!’”

Read More Here
    SergioL likes this.
  2. Brother, is it safe to live in Jerusalem? I found some exciting job opportunities in that city, but I wouldn't like to put my family in danger.
  3. Shalom Sergio - Indeed, I have never felt safer in my life than the 1/2 of my years spent here in Jerusalem
    SergioL likes this.
  4. Shalom, brother. Thanks a lot for your reply and for the information.