Can A Christian Have A Demon?

100% agree with you.

I remember a time when I disagreed with you on a post, but then you provided biblical evidence. At that point I said you were correct. I was not offended, I was happy to learn from you.

Scripture says "For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted."

Amen brother! If we can not learn and grow then someone needs to be throwing dirt in our face because it is over.

Oh,oh,oh this is too good.
The answer is yes, my pastor did deliverence on us .and man, whoo, im just glad didnt call me to cast out spirits.

When my pastor was casting the spirit of anger out of my brother, it'd say things like , " I don't want to go..ect"
And with me they were saying things like, you need us ect..
And my other brother was getting pride cast out..

Its creepy, but this stuff is real.
Huh? You were possessed?

Think about the difference between "possession" and "oppression".

We as Christians can not be possessed by demonic spirits but we can be oppressed by those spirits. Big difference!

I totally agree bro, how can/do Christians become oppressed, by not obeying the Word of God,

Neither shalt thou bring an abomination into thine house, lest thou be a cursed thing like it: but thou shalt utterly detest it, and thou shalt utterly abhor it; for it is a cursed thing. Deu 7:26 KJV

You must not bring any of those disgusting idols into your homes, or you will be destroyed just as they will be. You must treat them as the disgusting things they are! They are to be destroyed. Deu 7:26 ERV

Never bring a disgusting idol into your house. If you do, you and the idol will be destroyed. Consider it detestable and disgusting. It must be destroyed." Deu 7:26 GW

Beloved,

He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

Blessings,

Gene

Not only by not obeying. Wasn't Job and Paul oppressed though they were obeying?

Job wasn't oppressed, he was the recipient of slander by the satan and God allowed the test to prove satan wrong, Paul was also attacked by satan to thwart his ministry.

Demonic oppression results in and through the works of the flesh, whenever we are in the flesh we are in the domain of the devil, but as in the story of Job, Father limits what actions he can take, this is best taught by our Lord when He told Peter, satan had demanded him, that means Peter was walking in the flesh, his pride saying he would never betray the Lord, notice Jesus didn't refuse satan becasue that would be unjust, He said He would pray for him and after he was restored, Jesus was assuring the big blundering fisherman He would make sure he made it through his faux pas.

Whenever we bring anything devoted to idols into our homes we are subject to demonic oppression, whether it's through the TV, radio, films, speech, anything that we would do or watch that would embarrass us with Jesus sitting by our side, demons are restricted to their dimension, it's when we bring in an idol or something devoted to the devil that they gain entry into our homes and then our lives, and since we aren't walking in the Spirit, but in the flesh when we do this they use the power of the prince of the air to disturb our lives, ...oppress us.

Blessings,

Gene

Sometimes, even believers get caught up in the excitement of what they perceive to be reality and before they no it, reality has been exaggerated, stretched, and manipulated into what THEY want that reality to be.

Example: Several years ago in a prayer meeting, one lovely sweet Christian lady told the assembly that Jesus Christ had personal came to her in the night, pulled two of her teeth and replaced them with Gold ones and the whole congregation was praising the Lord and shouting amen!

Afterwards, when the pastor talked to her, she told him that she had been to a dentist, he had pulled her teeth and replaced them with the gold teeth. She was 85 years old and she simply wanted God to get all the glory for her recovery. That WANT to lead her to stretch the story to make it appear that Jesus Himself had done the work for her. Of course in her mind that is what she wanted to happen.......so it did. Unfortunately, a lot of well meaning people only heard the original story and of course passed that along to others as truth. In a way it was, but in the strict understanding of what reality is, it was not truth to anyone except her.
that's actually really messed up that she would lie about that.

that's actually really messed up that she would lie about that.

In her mind, as an elderly person who loves the Lord, she certainly did not believe she was lieing. Almost all elderly tend to exhibit some kind of dementia as they age and reality becomes more and more elusive.

My "mom," my first husband's mother, has Alzheimer's. She is precious, sweet, loving, and has everyone's best interest at heart. I could "see" her doing something like that, if she thought someone would benefit by it. That's her nature -- to make others feel good about themselves, to like themselves a little bit more. . . .

A congregation that would believe this? I would say that the onus is upon the congregation that would believe such stuff. It is like those who believed that gold dust was falling upon them. Those who believe that barking like dogs and hissing like snakes are of the L-rd. And while this may be offensive to some, like people who stand in the congregation and make false chatter, then interpret falsely for themselves. Those who act out in church so that eyes are upon them. People like that love the drama, desire the show. They somehow don't understand that this is pure entertainment and have no idea what G-d is about.

Last edited:
My "mom," my first husband's mother, has Alzheimer's. She is precious, sweet, loving, and has everyone's best interest at heart. I could "see" her doing something like that, if she thought someone would benefit by it. That's her nature -- to make others feel good about themselves, to like themselves a little bit more. . . .

A congregation that would believe this? I would say that the onus is upon the congregation that would believe such stuff. It is like those who believed that gold dust was falling upon them. Those who believe that barking like dogs and hissing like snakes are of the L-rd. And while this may be offensive to some, like people who stand in the congregation and make false chatter, then interpret falsely for themselves. Those who act out in church so that eyes are upon them. People like that love the drama, desire the show. They somehow don't understand that this is pure entertainment and have no idea what G-d is about.

Exactly, and......., it's proof that it's NOT of the Lord, because if the Holy Spirit were to be active in the congregation, then the drama (nice choice of words sis, in French we call it a circus, a two or three ring circus) people would be dead, crispy critters, just like Nadab and Abihu, and Ananias and Sapphira, it's strange fire Lev 10:1, the Lord teaches us Nadab and Abihu were drunk when they did this Lev 10:9, Ananias and Sapphira were drunk on spiritual pride, ...and that is exactly how I have heard these dramas/circus explained, ...drunk in/on the Holy Spirit,

...it behooves us all to take heed to the Lord's admonition to them because today we are the priests, holy and set apart to the Lord,

Then Moses said unto Aaron, This is it that the LORD spake, saying, I will be sanctified in them that come nigh me, and before all the people I will be glorified. Lev 10:3

Drawing attention to ourselves and causing the congregation to take their eyes off of Jesus and focus on us is a dangerous, foolish act,

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. Heb 13:8

And that speaks of Father and the Holy Spirit too.

Blessings,

Gene

Last edited:
I know she was an admitted believer in the "Word of Faith" side of Penacostlism, and refused to respond on the doctrine of the Trinity but I did not know she was banned.

I wonder if I should remove my picture before I get banned for being ugly????

Well what do you know, with the return of the big RED X on my comments, it Looks like Ephemia has been re-instated.

True, but in this case, this woman would have to be completely delusional to believe she was not lying.

Correct my friend.......that is what "dementia" is all about. It Is when the mind no longer has the ability to reason and understand.
That is why it is so important for all men to come to Christ TODAY while they still have the ability to make conscious decisions.

Back