Calvinism - the T.U.L.I.P. Part 3

Calvinism - the T.U.L.I.P. Part 3

:)Arminianism and Calvinism beliefs have been debated for over 200 years. I believe the truth is somewhere in the middle.

This post will only cover the L. in T.U.L.I.P.

Calvinism - Limited Atonement

Christ's redeeming work was intended to save the elect only and actually secured salvation for them. His death was substitutionary endurance of the penalty of sin in the place of certain specified sinners. In addition to putting away the sins of His people, Christ's redemption secured everything necessary for their salvation, including faith which unites them to Him. The gift of faith is infallibly applied by the Spirit to all for whom Christ died, therefore guaranteeing their salvation.

Arminianism - Universal Redemption or General Atonement

Christ's redeeming work made it possible for everyone to be saved but did not actually secure the salvation of anyone. Although Christ died for all men and for every man, only those who believe on Him are saved. His death enabled God to pardon sinners on the condition that they believe, but it did not actually put away anyone's sins. Christ's redemption becomes effective only if man chooses to accept it.

Atonement for those that believe in Him

Christ's redeeming work made it possible for everyone to be saved but did not actually secure the salvation of anyone. Although Christ died for all men and for every man, only those who believe on Him are saved. His death enabled God to pardon sinners on the condition that they believe. Christ paid the price in our place. Christ's redemption becomes effective only if man chooses to accept it.
:)

Back