CA Gov signs Right to Die bill...

Discussion in 'News and Articles' started by Apologia, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There is No scripture to back this thorn to humble Paul.
    You quoted Paul saying when I am weak then I am powerful.. Hmm seems to me that Paul is saying when he cant - he can through Christ.

2. The New Translation by J.N. Darby has: "a messenger of Satan that he might buffet me", the same word as is used in Matthew 26:67. It can be translated as "strike with the fist", suggesting a physical attack. Paul describes it as a "weakness", "I rather boast in my weakness" - it was something in him, and buffeting would indicate an outward and physical rather than an inward or a moral weakness. It has been suggested by some that it was some sort of myopia remaining from his period of blindness after his conversion, although I think that's a stretch of the imagination.

3. I'm not sure I'm quite following you here... but yes, it's evident that Paul was taught to trust in divine power, not in natural strength.

4. The devil is a murderer.

Cturtle likes this.
  5. Amen. Believing Paul had some sort of malady is an excuse for unbelief in who God says He is---our Healer, abnd in the atonement which includes our healing.

1 Peter 2:24 (AMP)
    He personally carried our sins in His body on the cross [willingly offering Himself on it, as on an altar of sacrifice], so that we might die to sin [becoming immune from the penalty and power of sin] and live for righteousness; for by His wounds you [who believe] have been healed.

Cturtle and CCW95A say Amen and like this.
  6. Paul's thorn was persecution. He was jailed and also beaten to death at one point, but the Lord revived him. Of all the things he lists in his many sufferings, not one was sickness...which is because he knew how to appropriate his healing in the atonement.

7. We surly do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but spiritual wickedness in high places. That would have been Paul's thorn in the flesh. Satan is not going to let a person who has been given revelations by God to just roam around planet earth without opposing him at every turn. It was because of these revelations this messenger was given.

2Co 12:7.. So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited.

We find the same type of thorn given to Israel because they refused to drive out all their enemies. It was not any kind of sickness but their enemies will be a thorn in their side.

Jdg 2:3.. So now I say, I will not drive them out from before you; but they shall be as thorns in your sides, and their gods shall be a snare to you.

Euphemia likes this.
  8. as I personally see it, there is:

Divorce terminates a relationship that deemed failed by human wisdom/understanding.

For the reason of pain and misery.

Cturtle and Fish Catcher Jim say Amen and like this.
  9. For our sins. The scriptures don't tell us he died for our diseases.

ASUK likes this.
  10. #150 CCW95A, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    Philip in this scripture was not an Apostle. He was a "deacon" (Acts 6:5), and later he became known as "Philip the evangelist" (Acts 21:8)

Act 8:5.. Philip went down to the city of Samaria and proclaimed to them the Christ.
    Act 8:6.. And the crowds with one accord paid attention to what was being said by Philip when they heard him and saw the signs that he did.
    Act 8:7.. For unclean spirits, crying out with a loud voice, came out of many who had them, and many who were paralyzed or lame were healed.

11. That's horrible! You compare a bad marriage to someone that is dying and in excruciating pain.

12. #152 CCW95A, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    Mat 8:16.. That evening they brought to him many who were oppressed by demons, and he cast out the spirits with a word and healed all who were sick.
    Mat 8:17.. This was to fulfill what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah: "He took our illnesses and bore our diseases." (ESV)

Mykuhl, Cturtle and Euphemia says Amen and like this.
  13. Our diseases were borne on His body on the cross. Every one of the lashes that tore His flesh purchases our healing.

Cturtle likes this.
  14. Matthew 8 :17 tells us Jesus Bore Our Sickness

Mykuhl and Cturtle say Amen and like this.
  15. I take it you have not been in a very rotten marriage before then......you want to talk about some pain..............

Mykuhl likes this.
  16. And from what God showed me i believe it was carrying the care of all the churches, which caused anxiety (2 Corinthians 11:28).

Fish Catcher Jim likes this.
  17. I have and if this is your attempt at humor it's in bad taste.

18. There was another instance when Paul was stoned and they left him for dead....but i'm sure that some people would say he was not dead totally.

Fish Catcher Jim and Euphemia say Amen and like this.
  19. I can fully assure you he is not joking. For he endured a lot of pain at one time, due to a rotten marriage.
    Blessings

Fish Catcher Jim likes this.
  20. Sir, How about being a little more mellow here.
    I went through a huge 5 year ordeal. Yes sir i stand with what I said.
    God Bless
    Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.