Business As Usual....

Many shall just continue to behave like before…..business as usual….even though the Word of Truth will be revealed to them. They will not pause from their church activities and arguments long enough to sit at His feet and listen to His voice like Mary did. Instead, like they will be like Martha being troubled about many things….cumbering themselves about with much “serving”….being too busy to really sit down and hear His words of life and spirit.

Luke 10:38-42 KJV
(38) Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house.
(39) And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.
(40) But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.
(41) And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:

But all of their “serving” and cares of this world shall be taken away from them….because they will refuse to rest from their labors. Like Mary, we are to CHOOSE that good part. She had LEFT Martha alone to “serve”. We are to rest from our labors and hear Him.

(42) But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

Two shall be busy doing their church activities…..yet, one shall be taken and the other left at the hearing of the Lord’s voice. One will hear and rest from their “labors” which do not profit them.

Matthew 24:40-42 KJV
(40) Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
(41) Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
(42) Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Just like in the days of Noah and also in the days of Lot, many will continue to “eat and drink and marry”. To “eat and drink” is to be an “idolater”….a covetous person…that will mock what they will hear because of their love of money. They will continue to handle the Word of God deceitfully for unjust gain.

1 Corinthians 10:7 KJV
(7) Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.

They will continue to marry, buy and sell, plant and build…..

Luke 17:26-30 KJV
(26) And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
(27) They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
(28) Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
(29) But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
(30) Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

They will continue to marry their “strange wives”….being carried about with many strange, COVETOUS doctrines of men by which they build their great ministries, building their grand church buildings, planting their churches, seeking to increase their glory, supposing that gain is godliness, etc. They use the commandments and doctrines of men to enrich themselves.

There is NO PROFIT for those who are occupied with such things. We are to put away the “strange wives”….the strange doctrines of men that profit us NOTHING and FOLLOW HIM.

Hebrews 13:9 KJV
(9) Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

All of these things Solomon already did…and has already informed us that these things are a chasing after the wind. All of these things did Solomon…keeping with Him wisdom though. Solomon did build himself houses and planted vineyards….also married many foreign wives. Today, religious-sounding men do all of these things WITHOUT wisdom and they will not pause from all of their church activities to HEAR the Truth. They will not FEAR GOD and KEEP His commandments when they will hear the conclusion of the whole matter.

Ecclesiastes 2:4-11 KJV
(4) I made me great works; I builded me houses; I planted me vineyards:
(5) I made me gardens and orchards, and I planted trees in them of all kind of fruits:
(6) I made me pools of water, to water therewith the wood that bringeth forth trees:
(7) I got me servants and maidens, and had servants born in my house; also I had great possessions of great and small cattle above all that were in Jerusalem before me:
(8) I gathered me also silver and gold, and the peculiar treasure of kings and of the provinces: I gat me men singers and women singers, and the delights of the sons of men, as musical instruments, and that of all sorts.

What profit is there if we gain the world yet lose our souls?

(9) So I was great, and increased more than all that were before me in Jerusalem: also my wisdom remained with me.
(10) And whatsoever mine eyes desired I kept not from them, I withheld not my heart from any joy; for my heart rejoiced in all my labour: and this was my portion of all my labour

THERE IS NO PROFIT under the sun for those who will continue to do all of their works in darkness (UNDER the sun) and will refuse to come to the Light and rest from their works.

(11) Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought, and on the labour that I had laboured to do: and, behold, all was vanity and vexation of spirit, and there was no profit under the sun.

They will not be able to handle the Truth….that their “works” are evil...and will turn their ears from the Truth.

John 7:7 KJV
(7) The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

WE are His offspring….and not the other way around. God does not dwell in temples made with men’s hands. He is not like the “gold or silver or stone graven by art and man’s device”. We are to rest from our church works and receive His Truth….for He commands that ALL MEN EVERYWHERE to change their minds (REPENT). Men are worshiping Him in vain because they have set aside His commandment (to have love for one another) in order to keep their church traditions. They “ignorantly worship” Him.

Acts 17:22-31 KJV
(22) Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.
(23) For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.
(24) God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
(25) Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
(26) And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
(27) That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
(28) For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
(29) Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
(30) And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
(31) Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.
(32) And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.
(33) So Paul departed from among them.
(34) Howbeit certain men clave unto him, and believed: among the which was Dionysius the Areopagite, and a woman named Damaris, and others with them.

But the “simple ones” will hear and yet continue to love simplicity and the scorners of the Truth will delight in their scorning and fools will hate KNOWLEDGE….hating the knowledge of God when they will HEAR it.

Proverbs 1:22-33 KJV
(22) How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?
(23) Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

Wisdom will have called them and yet they will REFUSE. They will not REGARD what will be said but instead will set her counsel for naught and would not hear but DESPISE the reproof. But once the door has been shut, then there will be no remedy for them that will do these things….

(24) Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
(25) But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
(26) I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
(27) When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
(28) Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me
:

Then it will be too late for they will have hated knowledge and did not CHOOSE the fear of the LORD and would not hear the counsel of Him and will despise all of the reproof.

(29) For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
(30) They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof
(31) Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.

The simple will simply turn their ears from the Truth…and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them…because they will continue with their church activities…continuing to enrich themselves.

(32) For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.
(33) But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

2 Timothy 4:2-4 KJV
(2) Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
(3) For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
(4) And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Back