Born of the Holy Spirit

First of all I'll won't reflect to carnal mind, you need to humble yourself brother in the word of God, and reframe from exalting yourself to others. Don't think for one minute you are hear to correct and teach. This is a forum for friendly Christians to share their views. If you desire a dedate there are other forums that enjoy that, but tell me where is the fruit in that? And if you want me to give you scripture of my reasoning of this matter ,(Are we Flesh) here are some. Keeping in mind I stand stong in what I believe:) even if you Don't:mad: ;Genesis 2;23, Genesis 6:17, 1 samuel 17;44, 1 samuel 2;13, Matt 24;22, Matt 19.5, John 1;14, Rom 8;5;7 Rom 8;9, Rom 8; 13, 2 Cor 7;5, Gal 6;8, Gal 2;20, Eph 2;3 2peter 2;18.

Reasoning in the Holy Spirit goes A long way.By the word we are saved and humbled,and by the word we are condemned. Those whom exalt themselves in the word it becomes external Law and no one can be righteous, its only by the grace of God through faith of Christ Jesus Amen.

God bless

First of all I'll won't reflect to carnal mind, you need to humble yourself brother in the word of God, and reframe from exalting yourself to others. Don't think for one minute you are hear to correct and teach. This is a forum for friendly Christians to share their views. If you desire a dedate there are other forums that enjoy that, but tell me where is the fruit in that? And if you want me to give you scripture of my reasoning of this matter ,(Are we Flesh) here are some. Keeping in mind I stand stong in what I believe:) even if you Don't:mad: ;

Reasoning in the Holy Spirit goes A long way.By the word we are saved and humbled,and by the word we are condemned. Those whom exalt themselves in the word it becomes external Law and no one can be righteous, its only by the grace of God through faith of Christ Jesus Amen.

God bless

OK Lets go this direction my friend. I don't know why you have a problem with me but that isn't my problem. I'm not here to fight with anybody and I know I'm not here to correct of teach anybody. So lets agree to disagree, and not discuss anything with each other anymore.
If you cannot handle a simple question. I don't want to aggravate your ulcers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by univac
First of all I'll won't reflect to carnal mind, you need to humble yourself brother in the word of God, and reframe from exalting yourself to others. Don't think for one minute you are hear to correct and teach. This is a forum for friendly Christians to share their views. If you desire a dedate there are other forums that enjoy that, but tell me where is the fruit in that? And if you want me to give you scripture of my reasoning of this matter ,(Are we Flesh) here are some. Keeping in mind I stand stong in what I believe:) even if you Don't:mad: ;

God bless

OK Lets go this direction my friend. I don't know why you have a problem with me but that isn't my problem. I'm not here to fight with anybody and I know I'm not here to correct of teach anybody. So lets agree to disagree, and not discuss anything with each other anymore.
If you cannot handle a simple question. I don't want to aggravate your ulcers.

As you will, I see that you took out the scriptures that you ask of me for from the above Quote, So that does not make it original now does it. Is this what you do with Scripture aswell and cause division?
We will be known by our fruit.

This is my original Quote for all to see.

First of all I'll won't reflect to carnal mind, you need to humble yourself brother in the word of God, and reframe from exalting yourself to others. Don't think for one minute you are hear to correct and teach. This is a forum for friendly Christians to share their views. If you desire a dedate there are other forums that enjoy that, but tell me where is the fruit in that? And if you want me to give you scripture of my reasoning of this matter ,(Are we Flesh) here are some. Keeping in mind I stand stong in what I believe:) even if you Don't:mad: ;Genesis 2;23, Genesis 6:17, 1 samuel 17;44, 1 samuel 2;13, Matt 24;22, Matt 19.5, John 1;14, Rom 8;5;7 Rom 8;9, Rom 8; 13, 2 Cor 7;5, Gal 6;8, Gal 2;20, Eph 2;3 2peter 2;18.

In John 4;1 we are told to be aware.

God bless

Yes I did, and I'm going over them one at a time That's all I asked you for son. Scripture to back up what you said. Thank you for supplying it.

Thanks guys for ending this in a civil manner . Why not just leave it here Much appreciated..... Dusty

Common courtesy
Rule 2.1 Common courtesy and civil dialogue is expected from all participants. Common courtesy is a generally understood concept and too broad to fully define here. In short, if you have doubt on whether you should say something, DON'T!

Once a person is saved, believing on the Lord Jesus, they are baptised with the Holy Spirit. Water baptism is an outward symbol of the inward transformation-the new birth. The Spirit points prompts us and leads us back to God's Word, which He is the Author. We can grieve or quench the Spirit, but if we are born children of God, we will not lose the Spirit. In the Old Testament He would come and go. Jesus said what kind of gifts would accompany those who have believed, which I believe was to evidence the faith of the apostles as authentic, so others would know the truth. When people saw the dead raised, the sick healed, and toungs of fire decening upon the apostles, they knew these miracles testified that these apostles preaching Christ were following the one true God. Since then we have many people running around in Pentacostal churches 'possesed' by a spirit, and blabbing in toungs, which I think many people are doing as a show to look spiritual among their peers. I think the Pentacost was in Acts and for the most part stayed in acts. I could be wrong. Paul made instructed the propper use of toungs and made it clear that there was no use for it if there was no interpreter. So my question to people listening to someone speaking in toungs is this; what is the interpretation? When Paul told us not to be filled with drunkeness, but rather be filled by the Spirit, he meant to be under the control-or walking by-the Spirit. The soft voice that brings scricpture to mind, the joy that fills us when we hear God's Truth cutting through venemous lies, the mourning over our sin, I believe is the Holy Spirit at work within us. Christ also said many would come in His name, perfoming many miracles, and He would say to them that He never knew them, 'Depart from Me, accursed.' I think there are a lot of 'healers' on t.v. platforms that will fall into this category.

Might I remimd you LIK to review the rules of the forum as we do not talk about denomination as we are all of differing denominations.

3.2b ChristianForumSite.com has a wide variety of members from around the World. This Forum does not allow the elevation of one Christian belief system over another. This is a violation of Regulations 3.1 and 3.2 in demeaning and belittling the beliefs of other Christians while promoting another system so as to create an atmosphere of superiority. Any such posts or threads will be removed and a reminder, warning or ban issued as necessary.

Thankyou for your co -operation.

Thanks guys for ending this in a civil manner . Why not just leave it here Much appreciated..... Dusty

Common courtesy
Rule 2.1 Common courtesy and civil dialogue is expected from all participants. Common courtesy is a generally understood concept and too broad to fully define here. In short, if you have doubt on whether you should say something, DON'T!

Thanks Dusty.

I know that neither Univac or I wants any kind of strife. Blessings on you.

Here guys, consider these points-

God shows in His Word with Peter in Acts 10, Gentiles do not need water baptism for Salvation as was claimed it was (pass thru water) in an earlier post.

Water baptism is the outward sign we are to show, to prove our public allegience to following Christ, just like circumcision was for the Old Test. followers. But, water baptism for Gentiles is not necessary as seen in Acts 10 and other examples.

2nd- Baptism of the Holy Spirit comes at the same time we recieve Salvation- Pentecost, Acts 10 plus many more.

3rd- being of the flesh-

Remember, God declares in His Word thru the Apostles, how we are to remember where we came from, originally lost, living in the flesh- (of the world).

Remember also the ways of the world in Gala. 5- (lusts of the flesh), walking according to the flesh, etc, etc.

4th- Debate-

No, when God's True Children want to share things, it is to be of a "Christ-like" manner- "Discussioon", not "Debate".

The definition of "Discussion" is well known as a calm, civil, peaceful mature attitude exchanging of views and or info, for the purpose of coming to a fesible conclusion, that Glorifies God and uplifts or build up the body.

Debate is defined as an exchange of views, ideas or beliefs, in a focal point of trying to prove thier view or beliefs right or accurate and the other's wrong or inaccurate.

And an end result of debates usaully end up as seen in this example of late. So, may I ask we keep Christ and how He would respond to such things more the focus.

God Bless!!

!..... Baptism into the Body of Christ..... And that is Salvation .......1 Cor 12 : 13. We are all baptised into one body and filled with the Holy Spirit when we are saved.Every believer receives the same amount of the SpiritJews or Greeks, slave or free.... every believer receives as much Holy Spirit as there is to receive.... Col 2: 9-10...The presence of the Holy Spirit is what identifies us as believers "into one body"

2..... Water Baptism .....Romans 6 3-4....Baptism ( Name Tag)... Spiritual Truth... Identifies us with the community as a Christian representing spiritual truth. All of us who were baptised in water have been a representative of Death to self and sin and now alive in Christ.

3......Baptism in the Holy Spirit...... we recieve power for service.... Acts 1:8.... we receive power in word and deed. we receive effectiveness in our Christian witness

" You will be my witness " Acts 2:4 All of them received Acts10:45-46 Acts 19:6

What is the significance of the Holy Spirit and why is it so necessary to be born of the Holy Spirit? Jesus Christ reveals the significance of the Holy Spirit, as it is written in John 4: 23-26:
"But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
The woman said to Him, "I know that Messiah is coming" (who is called Christ). "When He comes, He will tell us all things."
Jesus said to her, "I who speak to you am He."
What’s the purpose of the Holy Spirit and what part does he play in one’s entering the Kingdom of God? As products of the world of darkness, we are the antithesis of those who enter and live in the Kingdom of God. How do we become that which we are not and know not? We are flesh, God is spirit, we are born and live in darkness, God is and has always been holy. How do we do it? We cannot but God can. How does He do it? How does God make us into what we are not? God does it through the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ which we symbolize via water baptism and the working of the Holy Spirit within us, as it is written in John 14: 15-17; 23-26
"If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever - the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.
Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.
"These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
In conclusion, the Word of God says in Romans 8: 1-14:
“There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin:
He condemned sin in the flesh, that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His
And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. Therefore, brethren, we are debtors--not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.”

Repentance leads to salvation and if we confess our sins to him He is Just to forgive us and lead us to all righteousness.

God bless

There is a difference between being born of the spirit and being baptised in the Holy Ghost. The rebirth gives us an eternal life with God.
The Baptism in the Holy Ghost gives us power.

What about Galatians 3
For ye are all sons of God, through
faith, in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ
did put on Christ.
28 There can be neither Jew nor Greek, there can be
neither bond nor free, there can be no male and female; for ye all are one
man in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye are Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed,
heirs according to promise.This is refering to baptisim of Holy Spirit and Fire in Jesus christ for it is He who baptizes with His Spirit and fire this is clear teaching of scripture.Its also mentioned in acts somewhere.and Romans 6 Being baptized into Christ is not talking about water baptism but through the laying on of hands of apostsles.Every believer does recieve the Holy Spirit by faith but the baptism of the Spirit is to be clothed with power from on High.Acts1

Andd i believ that is what Paul was refering to when he said several times clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ and make no provision for the flesh.Believersd are to be fuilled and clothed with Holy Spirit.Lord restore me once again and fill me with Your Precious holy Spirit and clothe me with power from on high and fill my life with Holy Fire.The salavtion Army church when they were birthed had one cry Blood and Fire.The Precious Blood of Jesus and Fire of Holy Spirit.This is my hearts cry and the will of FGod for all His beloved peoplein Christ Jesus our Risen Lord and Saviour.Only by grace and with God there is abundance of grace in Christ Jesus His beloved Son.It is the plain teaching of scripture.And i know there may be some that have been offended by inapropriate actions of those who need Gods wisdom and love in this area.But my heart cries out to God please Lord raise up Your Holy Precious Beloved people of God right around the world for the glory and Honor of Your name alone we cant but you an pplease Lord send a Mighty Rain of Your Holy Spirit send Times of Refreshing from TYour Presence and heal Your Church Heal the nations heal save and rezstore for the glory of Your name alone.

There is a difference between being born of the spirit and being baptised in the Holy Ghost. The rebirth gives us an eternal life with God.
The Baptism in the Holy Ghost gives us power.

Amen , Liberated .
Baptism in the Holy Spirit...... we recieve power for service.... Acts 1:8.... we receive power in word and deed. we receive effectiveness in our Christian witness

" You will be my witness " Acts 2:4 All of them received Acts10:45-46 Acts 19:6

no offense univac. and forgive me all moderators here. but I did not see at all that Denadii caused division. no I don't see it. in fact Cho probably is clueless as to how he got you mad, maybe he has an idea but I can understand if he says that it doesn't make sense as to why you got mad.

you told him that he's not here to correct yet you rebuked him in a mean way and not gentle way in private or public. so you corrected him while he did not correct. he simply asked a question. maybe you saw by his question that he was waiting for you to stumble ? but if your verses proved right then I'm sure he would accept them.
Jesus always asked questions to His apostles even though He knew the answer, He still asked them.

do you honestly believe univac that christians aren't to rebuke one another gently or to strengthen one another with proof and correction using scripture ?
If you have read the Bible, and understand it, then you are subject to understanding that Christians are to inform one another of correct scripture.

you don't know him neither does he know you, so you both don't know much about the other persons' theology and doctrine, therefore each one of you has to test the spirit of the other, what if one of you is preaching false doctrine? we must make sure by asking the other questions because as we all know, there are many many denominations who teach false doctrine.

God bless you both but stop this horrible tension, no I don't want this thread closed, I want them to fix it. it's horrible that two Christian brothers do this to one another, to say that they will not speak to one another anymore. but please do so in private.
one thing I learned is to say sorry no matter what, make peace with everyone, our reward is with the Father, not on earth. let us make peace. Peace be with you said Jesus to His apostles.
Peace comes from the Lord.
Strife from evil.

Adam Amen brother love you a lot keep it coming :)

I think Ramsey desearves a star for his last post. He is acting like a peace keeper. I haven't read all this thread, but it sounds like what he is saying is merely what Jesus would have said. Listen and learn. :)

Unity commands a blessing and invites and welcomes dear Holy Spirits presence let us not grieve Him let us honor Him and allow Him to lead us into all truth.After all He is the Spirit of truth we want grcae He is Spirit of grace.Paul said while we may live in this worldbut we dont act like people in this world or figtgh our batlles with the weapons of this world.Instead we use Gods powerthat can destroy fortresess.We destroy arguments and every bit of pride that keeps anyone from knowing God.Gods word is Spiritual and only Spiritual people can understand spiritual truth the natural man cannot understeand spiritual truth because it is natural.Jesus said the Spirit gives life the flesh counts foer nothing that is why we are to speak the truth in love.If im convicted by Gods word i have a problem and need to seek God in prayer humbly and ask where i may be in error,.This is only safe for believers to do.Gods word is living and active shasrper than any two edged sword.I must humble myself and recieve Gods word for only Gods word by His Spirit have power to produce change and fruit worthy of His name.Paul said the spiritual man judgeth all things but he himself is rightly judged by no man.God has called us all to Himseld and those that worship Him must do so in Spirit and truth.We need the whole counsel of God no matter how uncomfartable it may make us.He gave us His word to build us up Acts 20 and to be our guide and lamp unto our feet.We all have flesh but dfaily we must choose to be led by Holy Spirit.For only those that are led by the Spirit of God are sons and daughters of God.Let those who are spiritual restore any who have wandered from truth.How can a carnal believer try to restore another carnal believer.The blind cant lead the blind.Dear Lord please help me to remove the plank from my eye so that i may see clearly.Truly Jesus isc Lord.Let us continually encourage one another especially as we see the day approacing.Love you all God bless.

Just a friendly reminder from the Moderation Staff. This thread is being monitored and will be closed if deemed necessary . Thankyou.

Common courtesy

Rule 3.2 Members may not post inflammatory remarks simply for the purpose of evoking reaction or starting fights with other Members, or promote a spirit of divisiveness in the community. Such posts will be deleted and the Member warned or banned

Hmmmm
Actually I'm a little confused there U. When a person accepts Jesus as Savior and Lord he is filled with the Holy Spirit. But when he/she receives the power of the Holy Spirit in their lives evidenced by tongues or the other gifts of the Spirit People call that the Baptism of the Spirit or the infilling.

So In my understanding there it is. A person is filled with the Holy Spirit at spiritual birth. Thats not automatic at all. Its part of being born again. The other The receiving of Holy Spirit power and the evidence of gifts is not automatic either Its a result of total surrender to the Holy Spirit

You do I do You do I do.

HBUY

Loving it people, so nice to see Christians understand Gods message :D

Back