1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Family and Parenting' started by violet, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Bookworm

How are you feeling?
    I don't miss that morning sickness because mine was 24/7 sickness for 3 months straight.
    But the worse the morning sickness, the easier the birth!
    Bless you and I hope you are doing well.
    Love, Violet

2. Thanks for the thread, Violet. You are so sweet!!!!!:heart:

The morning sickness is still bad, but I am finding ways to work with it. For those who don't know, I am 11 weeks along now with my fourth, and my sickness is so bad that I've lost 11 pounds over the past 3 weeks. I feel like I am living on gatorade, chicken noodle soup, and sucking on cinnamon altoids. :p

I bought some crangrape and had some today without getting sick. And I figured out that as long as I eat dinner really early, eat a very small amount, and eat light things, then I am able to keep it down.

Violet, I had bad morning sickness with my two boys also. It was horrible and lasted the whole pregnancy. The only good thing is I didn't gain too much because of it.

Today I am going to try calling for an OB/GYN. I have discovered that there might be none where I live and I may have to drive to the city to see one.

Thanks for thinking of me! I'll keep everyone updated from time to time in this thread. :)
  3. I have been thinking about you~

I am so happy for you!!!
    Children are truly a blessing from the LORD!

Soda crackers don't really help much but baked potatoes settled my stomach for a short while.
    It was always so nice to be able to nuke a potato in 5 minutes!
  4. I heard herbal tea is also good if you liek tea...and thats so precious! Feel better and gain weight!
  5. JesusReigns, thanks! :) I actually just put tea on my hubby's shopping list, so hopefully it will help also.
  6. You ladies have both my sympathy and utmost respect!
  7. Bookworm, I suffered with morning sickness with my first pregnancy and then with both my girls (my first was a boy!) but the other five , none at all, how strange!
    I found sparkling mineral water, you know the fizzy unflavoured kind was a life saver.
    It was light and refreshing and the bubbles meant it was easier to drink than just plain water.
    It was the only thing I found helped at all.
    Hopefully it will start to get better very soon.
  8. That is very kind of you, BL!
  9. Jax, I haven't tried mineral water yet. Normally I cringe at any type of water that isn't just plain. These days I can't even drink my plain water and I have been adding lemon to it.

I did buy some mineral water at the store the other day because I was thinking it with lemonade, honey, and ice in a blender. I haven't done it yet. Since you mentioned drinking it plain, I'll probably give it a try and see how that goes. If I can't get it down, then I could always try adding some lemon.

Violet, tonight I had a baked potatoe and I thought of you while eating it. For the topping I mixed in a bowl: extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, chopped up artichoke from a jar, a wee smidgen of garlic, and chopped up black olives. It was soooo good.
  10. That does sound very good!
    And healthy~
  11. The morning sickness is almost all gone. Some days I am starving, but I really don't have an appetite for much. I am around 17 weeks (or so) and I've lost a total of 21 pounds.

I went to the doctor finally. Everything is looking good. Heart beat is fine. Baby moves all over. It is currently lying transverse and facing my back.... but babies change position a lot still at this age. They gave me a couple of pics from the ultrasound, but I don't have my scanner working to put them on here. In Feb. I go for another ultrasound and they are going to put it on a DVD-R.

That is all for the update.....
  12. Oh! I can feel the baby move now. I thought that I was feeling it a couple of days ago, but I wasn't sure. Today I was feeling it lots more. :) My oldest wanted to feel, but I told her that she probably won't be able to feel it externally for about another month.
  13. OOOOOOooooooooooooooh!

I wanna feel too!

I just loves babies!!! :)
  14. It feels kinda like little thumps. When I was pregnant with my second child, years ago, he was breached and I could feel his entire head through my upper abdomen. It was the neatest thing. I used to rub my hand over his round little head in there.
  15. Bookworm~
    That is so exciting!!!!

Make sure you eat well, even if you don't always feel like eating~

Take good care of yourself!

16. I had the sonogram Friday and it's a girl. :) Also, everything is great with the pregnancy and baby, despite all of the stress and depression I have been going through lately. I have lost more weight on their scale. So, I am very thankful to God for giving me a girl, because he has known how I have wanted one, and I am also very thankful for everything being well with the baby and pregnancy.
  17. I'm glad to hear this good news at least.