Bondage verses Liberation

Bondage verses Liberation

John 15:22)If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.

John 15:23) He that hateth me hateth my Father also

How many people choose to live their life in sin, rebelling against God. What they have is what they can’t see, death. “for to be carnally minded is death” Romans 8:7) Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.)) When people choose to be sinful, that is the carnal mind, sin is rebellion, but when someone chooses not to sin and submit to God, they can become spiritually pleasing to God. Our body is a living sacrifice to God and just as in the old testament, God demands a sacrifice without blemish or spot. Roman 12:1) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.)) This is not optional. Has anything that God commanded been optional? This is where people stumble, they think obedience is optional, a choice, or a matter of their decision in their Christian walk, but it is the opposite. Mandatory, God’s commandments are to be kept. Mandatory, we are to avoid and flee from sin. Mandatory, are we suppose to reject all ways of evil. Psalm 119:104) Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.))

People, my fellow Christians, to know what to hate, the things of the sinful nature, ways of falsehood, and evil, we need to lean to the word of God. Too many people have forsaken the truth because it is not convenient, or it is not the right time like Felix when he spoke with Paul, or how Martha, when she was entertaining the Lord, but did not sit down to hear his word, that one thing which is needful. Believe not everything that man tells you, but believe and listen to everything that God tells you in the word. This is how we are suppose to live. “Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God”. This is it, the truth and nothing less. It is time to listen and heed the word of God. This is our purpose in life, that we “Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man”, nothing more, nothing less. Keep God’s commandments and obey his word. The choice is yours, what are you going to do, fight the word, looking for technicalities, or will you stand steadfast in the word of God? The choice is yours and no one else’s to make. It is time to rise into truth and reject falsehood and evil, and reach for Christ while there is still time “with all your heart”, soul, and mind.

Back