1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Bolsover Castle

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by HolyGround, Aug 19, 2016.

1. This is where I live: not in the Castle but the area. :D
    The Castle shown on the image below is a 2 minutes walk from my house - its at the top of our street.

[​IMG]

Cturtle, JG27_chili, Abdicate and 1 other person say Amen and like this.
  2. Beautiful :)

Have you been inside the castle? And it looks cold in the scenery lol.

Cturtle likes this.
  3. I have been inside the Castle twice - there's not much there as its pretty much a ruin now, however there are events hosted there frequently.
    The photograph isn't mine but I like the winter shot - it is high up so it can be chilly. ;)

Cturtle and Melizza say Amen and like this.
  4. That's awesome. We don't have castles here so it's kind of a rare thing for us.

Funny thing, it's Winter here :p

Cturtle and HolyGround say Amen and like this.
  5. I see - we have a few historic attractions near us. We have Bolsover Castle, Sutton Hall, Hardwick Hall, Chatsworth House and more.
    Chatsworth House is beautiful! :love:
    The weather here today is like Winter. :LOL:

Cturtle and Melizza say Amen and like this.
  6. This is Chatsworth House.

[​IMG]

Cturtle, JG27_chili and Melizza says Amen and like this.
  7. Wow :) pretty neat. It's abit like the palace/mansion where The Sound of Music movie was filmed lol.

I bet those historic places have different meanings/stories behind them?

Cturtle and HolyGround say Amen and like this.
  8. But, the question is......do ya'll get snow?? :D

Cturtle likes this.
  9. There is - some of the stories are inspirational; some are a tale of greed and war.
    There is plenty on information online if that interests you. :)
    Our county, Derbyshire has a lot of history which I love.

10. Not this time of year. :LOL:
    Where do you live?

Melizza likes this.
  11. So you're from GB?

Yes, I like reading up on History especially from the Bible :) but I've always thought that some castles (not all) hold that stigma of evil doings associated to them. Just my thinking and no offence ;)

HolyGround likes this.
  12. Ahhh. I'm live in New Zealand - not sure if you've heard of us? We're a small Nation off the Pacific Ocean.

13. No offence taken, I know what you mean.
    History is one of my favorite interests - I like old things. :p
    I am from GB. :)

Melizza likes this.
  14. Of course I know New Zealand, who doesn't? :D
    I'm sure many don't - I have never been; is it nice?

Melizza likes this.
  15. Phew! :D

We're pretty much from the same place then as we're under the Queen as well :p

HolyGround likes this.
  16. You'd be surprised of how many people I've come across who don't know NZ even exists lol.

NZ is beautiful. Greenery, mountains, hills, the ocean. Unfortunately where I live, we don't get snow as often as the South Island of NZ :(

HolyGround likes this.
  17. This lady:

[​IMG]

18. I'll have a look at some photos. :)

Melizza likes this.
  19. Hahaha - yes ;)

HolyGround likes this.
  20. I (these days a very infrequent visitor) had a nice chat about your country with someone who used to post in a thread here once. Having been a follower of some ball games, I can name a few cricketers of whom I'd guess Richard Hadlee remains the best known and say I remember watching (on tv) Jonoh Lumu play rugby over here. That side is probably easy for some of us UKers... While I had seen wonderful pictures of the islands and have met a few people from your country, I didn't know for example of your lovely song Pokarekare Ana...

Beware of Bolsover btw. Rumour has it there is a beast there...

HolyGround and Melizza say Amen and like this.