Boasting About Tomorrow

Dusty

Inactive
Boasting About Tomorrow

James 4:13-17

Boasting About Tomorrow

13....Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money."
14....Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.
15I.....instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that."
16...As it is, you boast and brag. All such boasting is evil.

Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.

I am still focusing in James and to see that tomorrow will take care of itself is always a challenge as we in the natural seem to focus on our tomorrows..But we don't know . I just need to put more of my trust in Him and let Him worry about tomorrow. My life is but a mist or vapour, now I see it now I don't .. If I brag about doing this or that without putting the Lord into the mix , I am sinning because I am being proud and not thinking about Him . It is not about me . It is about Him.

I guess I am thinking about people who are self sufficient and think they don't need God . They are the ones who need to recognize that their lives are not their own and could change in the blink of an eye..

Back