Blood Moon

Again, living it is living it in Christ, not in our own selves. Yes there is evidence of it by what a believer does, but what a believer does is from Christ's righteousness because the Holy Spirit in them works that righteousness through them. They don't do the works from their own righteousness.

we DO do works by what is in our hearts .. however, our own righteousness is like dirty rags .. because no matter how much our "hearts desire" is (which Jesus reads) we still fail (fall short of God's glory/righteousness) .. was not Abraham's (etc) obedience not then applied with God's righteousness to it ??? .. that is HOW Abraham was able to be deemed righteous, by his obedience .. Jesus will apply His righteousness on top of ours, IF that "hearts desire" to obey is there and sincere .. THUS WE MUST DO OUR BEST TO OBEY AND REPENT WITH A SINCERE HEART WHEN WE DO NOT ..

obedience is an ingredient to the covenant/contract because it is the avowal of acceptance .. if you do not obey, then you do not accept what is holy .. and WHY scripture says "God is holy therefore we are to be also" (the best we can) .. once we believe, we must show acceptance by being like Him (the best we can) and ENDURE IN THAT ..

it is our acceptance of the covenant, meaning "yes I accept you and your holy ways" ..

Last edited:
Wow! Did this thread ever go down the rabbit hole... WHEEEEEEEEEEE :ROFLMAO::notworthy::LOL:
The gospel
we DO do works by what is in our hearts .. however, our own righteousness is like dirty rags .. because no matter how much our "hearts desire" is (which Jesus reads) we still fail (fall short of God's glory/righteousness) .. was not Abraham's (etc) obedience not then applied with God's righteousness to it ??? .. that is HOW Abraham was able to be deemed righteous, by his obedience .. Jesus will apply His righteousness on top of ours, IF that "hearts desire" to obey is there and sincere .. THUS WE MUST DO OUR BEST TO OBEY AND REPENT WITH A SINCERE HEART WHEN WE DO NOT ..

obedience is an ingredient to the covenant/contract because it is the avowal of acceptance .. if you do not obey, then you do not accept what is holy .. and WHY scripture says "God is holy therefore we are to be also" (the best we can) .. once we believe, we must show acceptance by being like Him (the best we can) and ENDURE IN THAT ..

it is our acceptance of the covenant, meaning "yes I accept you and your holy ways" ..

Well I am glad that you are now finally admitting our own righteousness is like filthy rags. Why is our own righteousness like filthy rags? Because "everything that is not of faith is sin" (Romans 14:23).

What was Abraham's obedience. Faith. It was his faith that was credited as righteousness which has been my point all along.

I am glad you want to do God's will. I do too. I make it my focus to obey him moment to moment but I do so not to be rewarded or to get into heaven. I do so because I love God and trust Him by faith believing His will is perfect. I listen to the Holy Spirit by faith and the Holy Spirit works through me guiding me, giving me love, joy, peace, power etc. etc. When I obey the Holy Spirit it is not my own righteousness it is God's righteousness.

I am not saying that someone shouldn't repent with a sincere heart when they sin. They should repent with a sincere heart. This is part of really loving God is turning away from that which we find out is not his will.

However, the point I am saying is a person's own works and righteousness will not get them into heaven. Only God's righteousness saves someone. A believer will have fruit, but that fruit is because of God's righteousness working through us. The only thing the believer has is faith and even their measure of faith was given to them by God. However, God is pleased by faith and when the believer has faith and walks according to the faith (allowing God's fruit to be manifest through them in word and deed) the believer is blessed by God's righteous fruit and blesses others with that fruit, but they don't attain salvation from anything but having the faith in God and his righteousness.

I am happy you want to obey God. That is the purpose of my life as well. But I am saved by what God did, not by what I do.

The gospel

Well I am glad that you are now finally admitting our own righteousness is like filthy rags. Why is our own righteousness like filthy rags? Because "everything that is not of faith is sin" (Romans 14:23).

What was Abraham's obedience. Faith. It was his faith that was credited as righteousness which has been my point all along.

I am glad you want to do God's will. I do too. I make it my focus to obey him moment to moment but I do so not to be rewarded or to get into heaven. I do so because I love God and trust Him by faith believing His will is perfect. I listen to the Holy Spirit by faith and the Holy Spirit works through me guiding me, giving me love, joy, peace, power etc. etc. When I obey the Holy Spirit it is not my own righteousness it is God's righteousness.

I am not saying that someone shouldn't repent with a sincere heart when they sin. They should repent with a sincere heart. This is part of really loving God is turning away from that which we find out is not his will.

However, the point I am saying is a person's own works and righteousness will not get them into heaven. Only God's righteousness saves someone. A believer will have fruit, but that fruit is because of God's righteousness working through us. The only thing the believer has is faith and even their measure of faith was given to them by God. However, God is pleased by faith and when the believer has faith and walks according to the faith (allowing God's fruit to be manifest through them in word and deed) the believer is blessed by God's righteous fruit and blesses others with that fruit, but they don't attain salvation from anything but having the faith in God and his righteousness.

I am happy you want to obey God. That is the purpose of my life as well. But I am saved by what God did, not by what I do.

Whoa! Slow down there! Why are you contacting me in this manner? I wasn't part of this "show" of Christlike affection being thrown around on this thread. I tried to lighten the mood.

Whoa! Slow down there! Why are you contacting me in this manner? I wasn't part of this "show" of Christlike affection being thrown around on this thread. I tried to lighten the mood.
I must of accidentally added your quote. It wasn't intentional. I apologize for the accident. But I am speaking the gospel and it isn't a show. I love God and will speak the gospel at all costs.

Last edited:
Hold on there hehehehe This Blood moon is getting off track. if ya wanna start another thread please do so :) TY in advance. here have another chili lol it will clear the palette

no .. I see a strong will in you to ignore scripture ..
go ahead and practice religion .. but don't drag others down with you ..

but lord, lord .. that will be YOU ..

Olivia I thankyou for your reply it was sweet :) it was ..I do get what youre saying , that we are made righteous by God and there is no effort on our part ..I get that. But alot of times I truly do need to be remined of that and I thank you for youre reply.. but all I was saying was that like james said we need to have faith and deeds

James 2: 14-19 (
14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”
Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder)

James sums up what I was trying to say.. but you, Olivia are right as well..and I just wanted to tell you that and that youre reply was appreciated.. I dont' want you to feel attacked in anyway... with that being said..ixoye..I think your comment is a bit out of line.

In my case, the way I personally see it:
My weighing scale remains to swing back and forth with these 2 school of thoughts : )

Reason is:
There is danger of complacency on the other….
While there is danger of self-righteousness on the other…
Interestingly, when I thesaurus complacency, self-righteousness appears as well… : )

There is common though aside from we are saved by God’s doing and not of man….

There is fruit to be seen.

It is the sine qua non… without which there is nothing……

What is the big mystery about what James is saying? Its made absolutely clear to what he is speaking of as it relates to "works" of faith, according to the law of faith and not the law of works. James is saying EXACTLY what Paul says in these scriptures:

Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
4 ¶ But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

It takes religion to confuse the truth the way some have so confused the truth of Gods Word.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Yes I agree: Salvation is a gift of God, no one is to boast.

Salvation is God's doing.

Question now, the last 3 words "walk in them"..... is it man's doing, or is it God's doing?

Yes I agree: Salvation is a gift of God, no one is to boast.

Salvation is God's doing.

Question now, the last 3 words "walk in them"..... is it man's doing, or is it God's doing?
Well they are a product of the Holy Spirit and a fruit...not an effort of man. Its a labor of Gods grace and empowered by the grace of God.

Well they are a product of the Holy Spirit and a fruit...not an effort of man. Its a labor of Gods grace and empowered by the grace of God.

I agree. It's God's doing as well...

My point now, if one person does not see the fruit of God’s doing?

One needs to examine if one is in faith, then....

2 Corinthians 13:5

5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?6 And I trust that you will discover that we have not failed the test.

Olivia I thankyou for your reply it was sweet :) it was ..I do get what youre saying , that we are made righteous by God and there is no effort on our part ..I get that. But alot of times I truly do need to be remined of that and I thank you for youre reply.. but all I was saying was that like james said we need to have faith and deeds

James 2: 14-19 (
14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”
Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder)

James sums up what I was trying to say.. but you, Olivia are right as well..and I just wanted to tell you that and that youre reply was appreciated.. I dont' want you to feel attacked in anyway... with that being said..ixoye..I think your comment is a bit out of line.
I just wanted you to be free inside because God gives us that security that we are truly His, that He loves us so much that He freely did everything for us. I agree that if someone is really saved there should be evidence by how they act. However, the reason I want to be in God's will, the reason I want to know God more and more is because who God is and what He has done. When I think of God not only do I think of love, but I think of innocence. Not just in the sense of being innocent of all wrong actions, but He is so pure, so clean that His love is completely innocent always trusting us to live by His will and giving us so many opportunities to hear His voice and really decide that what He says is the most beautiful way. If we only think of it as acts it is like being forced into a regiment. When we do things because of God's loving innocence (which is the truest of humility as well) we are overwhelmed with gratitude to share in His life with Him.

When we think that God who has known that we have sinned is so innocent and pure that He has innocent love toward us, I think we are more likely to do His will because we truly love the beautiful, loving, radiant being of goodness and innocence that He is and we in awe and adoration want to have His Spirit of Holiness and wonderful beauty living through us so we can partake of the richness of the blessings of His fruit. We want to put ourselves aside and do His will and work because we know that His fruit is more precious than any earthly thing and any earthly trait. I think knowing we are secure brings us to want to serve Him more not less.

Well I am glad that you are now finally admitting our own righteousness is like filthy rags. "

But I am saved by what God did, not by what I do.
I have ALWAYS said that .. but Jesus does NOT justify those who do not bear fruit .. faith without works is dead ..

NO ONE has salvation/justification by Jesus righteousness until Judgement Day ..

that negates God's promise .. if a person "falls away" .. then you are saying God renigs ..

Gal 5:5 For we through the Spirit, by faith, are waiting for the hope of righteousness.

Last edited:
Well I am glad that you are now finally admitting our own righteousness is like filthy rags. "

But I am saved by what God did, not by what I do.
I have ALWAYS said that ..
but NO ONE has salvation/justification by Jesus righteousness until Judgement Day ..

that negates God's promise .. if a person falls away" .. then you are saying God renigs ..

Gal 5:5 For we through the Spirit, by faith, are waiting for the hope of righteousness.

1Pe 1:5 who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

would you say if you believe in Jesus you are saved ???
would you say if you believe in Jesus and received the HS you are saved ???
would you say if you believe in Jesus and received the HS and gifts from the HS you are saved ???

Paul says that is not so ..
Hbr 6:4 For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit,
Hbr 6:5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come,
Hbr 6:6 and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame.

and WHY Jesus says ..
Mat 10:22
“You will be hated by all because of My name, but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved.

and AGAIN to make sure we understand salvation is NOT given on earth ..
Mat 24:13
“But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.

Last edited:
Mr Luther was a cherry-picker of scripture and a false teacher who brought a different Gospel of Salvation .. his dogma of osas refutes Jesus' words and the Apostles words ..

Last edited:
Back