Blood Moon

you must LIVE what you profess ..
and yes you are right that even IF we live what we profess ..
it would be too late .. because ALL HAVE SINNED ..
and the penalty of sin is death ..

hence BY GRACE we are given a chance to LIVE IT ..

you must LIVE what you profess ..
and yes you are right that even IF we live what we profess ..
it would be too late .. because ALL HAVE SINNED ..
and the penalty of sin is death ..

hence BY GRACE we are given a chance to LIVE IT ..

Again this is saying it is by your righteousness when it clearly says that it is not by works of righteousness.

I am going to have to leave right now but I will continue this with you. Although I think you should just start a thread on this topic since it is what you insert into every thread so everyone can be involved in the discussion.

Again this is saying it is by your righteousness when it clearly says that it is not by works of righteousness.

and it CLEARLY says FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD ..
they are NOT contradictory .. because you DO NOT HAVE FAITH, IF YOU DO NOT BEAR FRUIT .. all you have is a lie of faith to self and God then ..

it's like the parable of the stewart who DID NOT INVEST ..
he did NOTHING and thought that was enough ..
and what did Jesus say ???

bind him and throw him into the outer darkness ..

and it CLEARLY says FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD ..
they are NOT contradictory .. because you DO NOT HAVE FAITH, IF YOU DO NOT BEAR FRUIT .. all you have is a lie of faith to you and God then ..
I still have a few minutes. You obviously didn't read my post above which says that a belliever bears fruit but it is by CHRIST'S RIGHTEOUSNESS not their own.

You do not bear fruit because you do your righteousness from your own self. The fruit is the fruit of the Spirit, as I stated above, not your own fruit. It is bearing God's righteous fruit. I have answered all of your scriptures, but you have not answered all of mine!!!

it's like the parable of the stewart who DID NOT INVEST ..
he did NOTHING and thought that was enough ..
and what did Jesus say ???

bind him and throw him into the outer darkness ..
"

Also you still haven't answered this!!!

not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy.
He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit" (Titus 3:5).

Not by our works of righteousness. What do you think this means?

Mat 7:22 “Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, (showing they believed) and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’
Mat 7:23 “And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’ (meaning they did not obey)
Mat 7:24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock.

meaning not only a hearer of the word, but a DOER of the word .. it's pretty simple ..

no .. God left it up to the steward to INVEST/BEAR FRUIT or not ..

I believe what Jesus and ALL the Apostles who wrote in the NT said .. you believe the revisionism if you want .. that is your choice if you want to say Lord Lord and have no INVESTMENT/FRUIT to show ..

but He warned us .. He is an exacting/counting man ..

I believe what Jesus and ALL the Apostles who wrote in the NT said .. you believe the revisionism if you want .. that is your choice if you want to say Lord Lord and have no INVESTMENT/FRUIT to show ..

when I was hungry ..
when I was thirsty ..
when I was this and that ..
YES .. He is counting ..

He washed our feet (cleansed us out of love) ..
therefore we are to wash each others feet (show the love God gave us to others) ..
that IS the investment/fruit of the spirit in which we are suppose to be reborn into ..
and if we are NOT .. we cannot enter heaven ..

when I was hungry ..
when I was thirsty ..
when I was this and that ..
YES .. He is counting ..

He washed our feet (cleansed us out of love) ..
therefore we are to wash each others feet (show the love God gave us to others) ..
that IS the investment/fruit of the spirit in which we are suppose to be reborn into ..
and if we are NOT .. we cannot enter heaven ..

Mat 7:22 “Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, (showing they believed) and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’
Mat 7:23 “And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’ (meaning they did not obey)

Does this not mean that people 'knew' him but did not 'receive' him and therefore were still under the law and thus were lawless?

Mat 7:24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock.

Yes, we 'actively' make the decision to receive Christ which is the will of the Father. I don't think 'acts' means actively performing righteous works.

I will repost may post #78 since you are ignoring it.

Again, living it is living it in Christ, not in our own selves. Yes there is evidence of it by what a believer does, but what a believer does is from Christ's righteousness because the Holy Spirit in them works that righteousness through them. They don't do the works from their own righteousness.

What is the fruit? It comes from God's righteousness by the Holy Spirit.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law" (Galatians 5:22-23).

The law does not apply because the fruit is worked through the believer by the Holy Spirit because they are righteous by Christ. It is not their own fruit. They are bearing the Holy Spirit's fruit.

Did I say in this post there is no fruit? NO! I said that the fruit is from God's righteousness not our own. When saved a believer has fruit because God's Spirit is working the fruit through them and the believer submits to God's Spirit by faith so that the Holy Spirit can work through them. They are not producing fruit by their own righteousness. They are producing fruit because they by faith submit to the Holy Spirit in which is God's righteousness, not their own.

You still evade this scripture over and over. You haven't told me how the scripture can say it is not by works of righteousness that we have done, yet you believe it is by our own righteousness. Please answer this plainly. How can you believe both since they are completely contradictory?

I however have explained how works are done by the believer. They are done by abiding in God's Spirit and God's righteousness, not our own.

Never seen a blue moon before.
must just be a Kentucky thing? I live close to the Ken.-Ten. border...so I think I might have seen the moon "just" a little blue one night? :) I was not afraid...course I had not been listening to a bunch of hot air preachers for weeks and months either..:eek:

Back