Blood Moon

I know that olivia but you cann claim righteousness all day long if ur not walking in it youre deceiving yourself

Either you believe your saved by the righteousness of God or you don't. Salvation is based on God's righteousness not our own. You say you know the gospel and are saved, yet you speak against the gospel as if your own works have anything to do with salvation.

When someone is claiming righteousness all day long they are claiming that it is the righteousness of God that has saved them. That their sins have been nailed to the cross because perfect Jesus was nailed to the cross in their place, that they have died to their sin self because perfect Jesus who took their sins put their sin selves to death by his blood when he died, and they have been raised to new life as a new creation in Christ because they have been cleansed by God's righteous blood and now live in Christ as part of His body, having His mind, His Spirit, and also a new heart from God. This is not about our physical selves, but about our spiritual selves being now in Christ and seen through Christ. The father sees us as righteous because we are in righteous Christ spiritually by faith. When saved we are not standing as ourselves but as ourselves in Christ. God the Father sees us covered by Christ's righteous blood. He sees the Holy Spirit in us as a seal showing we are owned by him. These things are the gospel.

"He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification" (Romans 4:25).

"For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit" (1 Peter 3:18).

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 6:23).

"What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh, discovered in this matter? 2 If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about—but not before God. 3 What does Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.4 Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation. 5 However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness" (Romans 4:1-5).

It is faith not works that makes someone righteous.

"Therefore, the promise comes by faith" (Romans 4:16).

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. (Romans 5:1-2).

6 You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7 Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him! 10 For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! 11 Not only is this so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation" (Romans 5:1-11).

"But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God’s grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many! 16 Nor can the gift of God be compared with the result of one man’s sin: The judgment followed one sin and brought condemnation, but the gift followed many trespasses and brought justification. 17 For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ!" (Romans 5:15-17).

Salvation is a free gift covering all your sins if you believe. It is not based on works. No one who has faith in Christ for what He has done is left behind because of their own works.

"not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit" (Titus 3:5).

"Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it" (1 Corinthians 12:27). Christ is not going to rip his own body apart when he comes.

"Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, 22set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come" (2 Corinthians 2:21-22). God owns believers. He gives His Spirit as a guarantee that we are saved.

"we have the mind of Christ" (1 Corinthians 2:16).

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh" (Ezekiel 36:26).

All that God asks is that you trust him for this. Salvation is not by works, it is by faith.

So if you are saying "All my thoughts and emotions are washed in the blood of Jesus" it is true if you are saved. Saying this is confirming your faith that you are saved and cleansed by what Jesus did, not by what you did yourself. This builds faith when you stand in what is being said insisting on its truth.

When you are looking to works for salvation rather than by faith looking to and believing in Christ's work and righteousness, that is the looking back of Lot.

belief is needed to gain salvation ..
obedience is needed to gain salvation ..
there are PLENTY of verses in scripture that say both ..

ALL scripture is equally inspired by God ..
thus BOTH are needed to gain salvation ..

if you teach only one is needed ..
then you are preaching the precepts of men above God's word ..
meaning you are purposely IGNORING God's word to get your dogma ..

logic 101 for ostrich's ..
nothing you can do can gain you salvation ..
nothing you can believe can gain you salvation ..

who do you believe .. your denomination made by men ???
or God's word .. I belive God's word and understand BOTH are needed ..

if you hang on to precepts derived by ignoring God's word ..
then you are lawless and your belief/faith without obedience/works is DEAD ..
or you are a leaglist and your obedience/works without belief/faith is DEAD ..

he who does the will of my Father will enter heaven ..
he who believes in the name of Jesus will enter heaven ..
scripture says BOTH !!!

perhaps by the numerous and equal amount you can find both,
it is God's way of weeding out WHO wants to add their will to the equasion ..
I can be saved without obedience ..
I can be saved without belief ..
WRONG ON BOTH ACCOUNTS !!!
and you don't need to be educated to figure that out ..

belief is needed to gain salvation ..
obedience is needed to gain salvation ..
there are PLENTY of verses in scripture that say both ..

ALL scripture is equally inspired by God ..
thus BOTH are needed to gain salvation ..

if you teach only one is needed ..
then you are preaching the precepts of men above God's word ..
meaning you are purposely IGNORING God's word to get your dogma ..

logic 101 for ostrich's ..
nothing you can do can gain you salvation ..
nothing you can believe can gain you salvation ..

who do you believe .. your denomination made by men ???
or God's word .. I belive God's word and understand BOTH are needed ..

if you hang on to precepts derived by ignoring God's word ..
then you are lawless and your belief/faith without obedience/works is DEAD ..
or you are a leaglist and your obedience/works without belief/faith is DEAD ..

he who does the will of my Father will enter heaven ..
he who believes in the name of Jesus will enter heaven ..
scripture says BOTH !!!

perhaps by the numerous and equal amount you can find both,
it is God's way of weeding out WHO wants to add their will to the equasion ..
I can be saved without obedience ..
I can be saved without belief ..
WRONG ON BOTH ACCOUNTS !!!
and you don't need to be educated to figure that out ..

You are wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you ever sin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you read the scriptures I gave her. How can you justify all the scriptures that say it is by faith alone. I have asked you before and you never answer but instead just leave the forum for a while and then later come back with the same works doctrines even though I explain what your scriptures are saying.

interesting enough .. even Paul says both "separately" ..
Hbr 5:9 And having been made perfect, He became to all those who obey Him the source of eternal salvation,

no .. I see a strong will in you to ignore scripture ..
go ahead and practice religion .. but don't drag others down with you ..

but lord, lord .. that will be YOU ..

occasionally .. out of stupidity ..
but when I do .. I confess it SINCERELY with my heart because it hurts my heart to sin against God .. thus He is righteous to forgive me .. why ???
You therefore do not keep all his commands so you are on your way to hell. And by the way those are the sins you know of.

Even though I have sinned I know I am for sure saved even though I haven't always kept all of his commands because I have faith in His works, not in my own!!!

You therefore do not keep all his commands so you are on your way to hell. And by the way those are the sins you know of.

Even though I have sinned I know I am for sure saved even though I haven't always kept all of his commands because I have faith in His works, not in my own!!!

no .. Jesus says if you sin AND CONFESS IT, He is righteous to forgive it ..
there is NO scriptual bases in what you say UNLESS you are IGNORING that verse too ..

there is NO scriptual bases in what you say UNLESS you are IGNORING that verse too ..

Really, so you have confessed every sin that you have ever done. Every worry, every lack of faith, every thought that wasn't total faith. You actually believe you are sinless now because you have confessed all sins. Again even if you believe you have done that you can't possibly know all your sins.

this reminds me of those who say the resurection in the Gospels contradict each other ..
the thing is you must PUT THEM TOGETHER to get the TRUE picture ..

ALL SCRIPTURE IS INSPIRED BY GOD ..
NOT JUST THE ONES YOU WANT TO BE ..

THUS WE MUST ADD THEM TOGETHER ..

this reminds me of those who say the resurection in the Gospels contradict each other ..

Really, so you have confessed every sin that you have ever done. Every worry, every lack of faith, every thought that wasn't total faith. You actually believe you are sinless now because you have confessed all sins. Again even if you believe you have done that you can't possibly know all your sins.

why are you being this way ???
I don't need to enumerate every sin .. but I do if I can ..
I already told you it HURTS MY HEART TO SIN AGAINST GOD ..

He reads my heart (so says scripture) and knows it is so ..

Again. You really believed you have confessed every sin that you have ever done. Every worry, every lack of faith, every thought that wasn't total faith. You actually believe you are sinless now because you have confessed all sins. Again even if you believe you have done that you can't possibly know all your sins.

Again. You really believed you have confessed every sin that you have ever done. Every worry, every lack of faith, every thought that wasn't total faith. You actually believe you are sinless now because you have confessed all sins. Again even if you believe you have done that you can't possibly know all your sins.

I don't need to .. read my last post ..
that scripture was given for that very reason ..

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" (Jeremiah 17:9).

Who can know their own heart. You think you are less wicked then you are. All of us are as filthy rags without the blood of Jesus as our cleansing.

I don't need to .. read my last post ..
that scripture was given for that very reason ..

and the prodigal son parable bears it out as well ..
the son was repentant in his heart first ..
and the Father .. forgave him before he spoke the words ..
do ya think the Father knew his kids heart ???

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" (Jeremiah 17:9).

Who can know their own heart. You think you are less wicked then you are. All of us are as filthy rags without the blood of Jesus as our cleansing.

I know my own heart and if I mean something or not ..
BTW: Jeremiah was NOT speaking about his own heart ..
but what is in others hearts ..

Back