Blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit

Well, the Holy Spirit doesn't seem to tell me anything about the way I dress...

And I wear usually tank tops only because I sweat a lot, and during warm days I wear tube tops sometimes because tube tops are quite popular.

But the why are you concerned about it?

But the why are you concerned about it?

Because I am just scared that if it's like COMPLETELY forbidden even if there's no purpose when doing something.

But most guys don't lust or fantasize about me because I wear miniskirts and tank tops, they only fantasize or lust about me when they see my face and hair but they don't care about my clothes.

Because I am just scared that if it's like COMPLETELY forbidden even if there's no purpose when doing something.

But most guys don't lust or fantasize about me because I wear miniskirts and tank tops, they only fantasize or lust about me when they see my face and hair but they don't care about my clothes.
I can't really say because I haven't seen your clothes. Do you think they are immodest?

How do you know this?

I can't really say because I haven't seen your clothes. Do you think they are immodest?

How do you know this?

Well, I don't really know if my clothes are immodest. I think my clothes are modest, but it depends what other people think.

How do you know?

Have you started a thread about this? I would like to see what others have to say.

Okay. And yes, I once started a thread about the clothing sin... But I didn't mention in that thread that if guys care about my clothes or not. But really, most guys don't care about the women's clothes. Only perverts care maybe. But most guys are normal.

Okay. And yes, I once started a thread about the clothing sin... But I didn't mention in that thread that if guys care about my clothes or not. But really, most guys don't care about the women's clothes. Only perverts care maybe. But most guys are normal.

This mean guys prefer women to walk around with no cloths? Granted, if you were a women you would not want me to go buy an outfit for you of my choosing and try to get things to match for you. I can't match socks I am told. Still, I think it tacky when I see girls wear pajamas to the store or church. I don't get that even though they are fully clothed .

This mean guys prefer women to walk around with no cloths? Granted, if you were a women you would not want me to go buy an outfit for you of my choosing and try to get things to match for you. I can't match socks I am told. Still, I think it tacky when I see girls wear pajamas to the store or church. I don't get that even though they are fully clothed .

What? Nonono. I meant that most guys won't lust or fantasize about the woman just because she wears some clothes. -.-"

What? Nonono. I meant that most guys won't lust or fantasize about the woman just because she wears some clothes. -.-"

I doubt there is anything you can do to stop men from lusting or having fantasies about girls. I think that has been a issue now for at least a few years.

I doubt there is anything you can do to stop men from lusting or having fantasies about girls. I think that has been a issue now for at least a few years.

Right, but the issue is whether or not we women are to dress modestly, and also if Polly's choice in clothing is immodest.

I know that. But what I meant especially that most guys don't care about my clothes... Most guys like me or lust or fantasize about me when they see my face and hair... But they do like my anime clothing style, but they don't care that what shirts do I wear or how long are my skirts...

I know that. But what I meant especially that most guys don't care about my clothes... Most guys like me or lust or fantasize about me when they see my face and hair... But they do like my anime clothing style, but they don't care that what shirts do I wear or how long are my skirts...
Well, you don't know what EVERY guy who sees you thinks. I'm not trying to be legalistic. I just think God told us to do or not do things for a reason.

Well then, I think this is more about the man that it is about what girls wear. I see a girl at church and think she is pretty. That is about the extent of it.
Some girl at the store with half her boobs showing, I'll take a look and go ummm, I don't need to be staring at those.
I have a choice in what to do with my eyes and the thoughts that follow. I choose to keep them in line and not keep looking or dwell on some girls boobs I don't even know.

Am I am more inclined to get a look at boobs that are half showing? Sure am, but that does not mean she did wrong and I have done no wrong. I don't need to look twice and I don't need to feel condemned about being a man.

So, a girl can dress nice and look pretty or I a girl can dress where I think nice boobs, keep walking. God is not against they way he created us, He is against following after lust and entertaining thoughts contrary to the Word set before us.

In other words, there may be banks full of money, but that does not mean I have to rob them.

Blessings.

I agree with you, Michael, that it is your responsibility to do the right thing in circumstances like that. However, are women supposed to dress modestly?

1 Timothy 2:9
9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel,

I'm still waiting on an answer for this one: At what point does testing the spirits become blasphemy of the Holy Spirit?

I'm still waiting on an answer for this one: At what point does testing the spirits become blasphemy of the Holy Spirit?

Dressing:
1Pe_3:3
Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;

If you read this scripture, women are not to put on any apparel... (Cloths)

In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
(1Ti 2:9-10)

In context:
Adios (Shamefacedness) means out of reverence or respect and Sobriety ( Sophrosune) with forethought, sound mind.

So a women is not measured in the cost of her cloths, but by her works and a women is instructed to dress with respect to others with forethought (Understanding) how they dress might effect others.

So, 10,000 dollar diamond necklaces are fine, but none of that effect the value of the women, and the Women putting on such a necklace needs to be aware of how that might effect others she is visiting.

Some believers stuck in the land of religion would think that wasteful and want to sell your necklace and give the money to the poor. So in that case with Sobriety, you would leave the necklace at home.

If at an important business meeting then the necklace would be fine, but wearing it or not wearing it would be from reverence and forethought to what others think.

To say God gave me the necklace which might be true, but wear it anyway to church where it might offend someone, then the women is still out of line despite the fact her Father in Heaven blessed her with it.

That is the break down.

Testing the Spirits: (This was not a test to determine all error or all spirits but a very flat out test that if it don't pass this, then get out of here)

One would have to ask "How" we are testing spirits. John wrote that any spirit that confesses Christ has not come in the flesh is the AntiChrist.

Greek Break down: The devil refuses to believe that any Human being can be full of the anointing and power of God, and so fights it.
Christ just means anointed of God, same word as Messiah which means Anointed King of God.

AntiChrist means Anti Anointing or against the Power of the Holy Spirit on the behalf of man.

John said greater is He than in us than He that is in the World. Satan don't like that to well.......... to bad.

Confessing not the Father and Son:
Any spirit that denies the Father AND the Son is the Antichrist also.

Many don't believe Jesus is the only way, the spirit of the antichrist.

Many believe God did not have a son........... spirit of Antichrist.

This is why I fight any thought that there is ONE God only and he manifest as 3 different beings. If there is ONE, then there is no Son also. There is Father and SON and Satan would love to remove Jesus the Son of God, Who is also God, who is the only way to eternal life......... Satan would like to just blend Jesus into a god machine and hope we forget we have a real mediator that is actually God the Fathers, Son. Anything to erase Jesus is what the devil does.

Trinity states that there are 3, then are not the same person but all 3 are as one. Much like Husband and Wife are one flesh. It's a mystery, but I can live with that explanation and it does not throw Jesus into some god machine and make him a piece of a god or a split personality of god.

That was what it was meant to test the spirit......... It came from John and to show what the spirit of the Antichrist looked like.

This is not the same as the Holy Spirit prompting us that something is off or not right. We can't explain it, but it just don't sound good.

Back