Blaming it on Satan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm tired of this as well. I know that similar statements have been made against me in the past and I've seen the same statements made against PeacelikeaRiver. It's a shame we can't just have civil discussion.
I agree, however I want to be up front in saying that forum search will not show where I have made such a statement.
As I see it an accusation without specifics is an accusation against all members and I'm not comfortable about that.
But I do agree that it is a shame we can't have a civil discussion.

??? I never, EVER said, or meant to imply, that it happened on this forum!
I'm glad that it did not happen here.
I think in a cooler moment, you might concede that it was natural enough in the absence of additional info that people would think you were referring to here.

I'm glad that it did not happen here.
I think in a cooler moment, you might concede that it was natural enough in the absence of additional info that people would think you were referring to here.
I've been told I don't trust God's word here, that was nearly as bad. But no, so far no one's accused me of satanic deception.

I agree, however I want to be up front in saying that forum search will not show where I have made such a statement.
As I see it an accusation without specifics is an accusation against all members and I'm not comfortable about that.
But I do agree that it is a shame we can't have a civil discussion.
No one is accusing you of anything. Settle down my over sensitive friend.

2633.jpg

I've been told I don't trust God's word here, that was nearly as bad. But no, so far no one's accused me of satanic deception.
I wouldn't take it too personally. Worldly wisdom = satanic. Satan's wisdom is in the world and popular media, fact. Saying someone is thinking like satan when they are in agreement with the worldly norm is common. But something we are all capable of.

What you / we must NOT do is harden ourselves to rebuke and correction. Stay humble. Chew on it, then spit it out. We stand alone before God one day. As long as we daily judge ourselves in fear and trembling we will be strong in dealing with / discerning accusations / stones thrown at us.

Why is it when I get into any kind of disagreement with a Christian of another stripe, I am eventually told that I have been "deceived by Satan"?

Discussion typically ends at that point - they've decided I'm a puppet or pawn of Satan, logic and reason and a meeting of minds go out the window. It's Satan. Almost every time! Why?

??? I never, EVER said, or meant to imply, that it happened on this forum!

Listen, you've spun up a lot of people over this becasue this is a forum and you never specified it didn't happen here. You've been here a while so when you say "Almost every time!" it indeed implies it's happened here, and to you. Please be careful next time.

Yeah I think people are way over reacting...I think Calvin originally took what Peace said out of context (as if someone here was making an accusation). For example, I have heard some JWs say this very thing about trinitarians and vice'versa, back when I was an immature strict Calvinist I used to say such things about Roman Catholics in general (that they were deceived and possibly the tool of Anti-Christ and so on)...I am ashamed to admit it but it is the truth (and the truth sets us free) I was or had become over zealous for theology and even judgmental (may the Lord forgive me)....

As young new babes in Christ, some of us see our theologies as "the truth" (it becomes like imposing the letter of the law)...the truth is, God's grace in Christ is greater than all our theological differences all rolled into one box and we (as brothers and sisters) can agree to disagree discussing our perspectives (which helps us all grow) and need to be a bit more patient. I know some who are uneducated (I think of one Holocaust survivor named Zophia) who know practically nothing of the things we always discuss but man, I tell you, she loves Jesus and knows that without Him she would be toast...she loves prayer and reading her Bible...but Catholic, protestant, Reformed, Pentecostal, Orthodox, etc.? These things mean nothing to her....she just loves and worships and thanks...

Do you love God with thanks for His grace in Christ and know that He died for our sins and that the Father raised Him from the dead? Thou doest well...

so a lot of the time these accusations are a result of theological clashes (and face it we each only know in part until we are 'face to face')

In His love

brother Paul

Listen, you've spun up a lot of people over this becasue this is a forum and you never specified it didn't happen here. You've been here a while so when you say "Almost every time!" it indeed implies it's happened here, and to you. Please be careful next time.
It was a general declaration and it didn't occur to me to state that I wasn't talking about this forum because there's not a single reason in the world that it would even cross my mind. I was happy to make the clarification when asked but I fail to see why it would be an assumed thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back