1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Bipolar Disorder

Discussion in 'Marriage and Relationships' started by Sweet Pea, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Guys, I think my husband is bipolar and I'm not quite sure how to handle it. An immediate family member of his is bipolar, and another close family member has said they are certain he has it, also. I've been thinking about his behavior... how he repeatedly starts fights, feels bad, but seems unable to not repeat the behavior the next time... along with other behaviors. I have looked it up, also. I am not a doctor, but I agree with his family... I think he is bipolar. It sure would explain a lot.

I approached him about it years ago, and he agreed that he probably has it, but has since recanted that. I believe it embarrasses him. I understand that, but it would be better for him to get help for it instead of living in denial, and having the issues we have.

His family has told me to encourage him to get help, but I can't seem to do this. He gets upset about it and says he isn't going to the doctor. Do you have any suggestions, or is this just something I'm going to have to pray about?

Prayers are appreciated!
  2. Prayer is the best remedy for every situation. Listen to God for His wisdom. Praying for ya. :)
    AllieWi and Sweet Pea say Amen and like this.
  3. Thank you! :)
    Where is the Messiah likes this.
  4. I agree with Where. Prayer and you being a pillar of influence is the best and IMO only effective remedy. At least from your end.
  5. I am definitely going to pray about it. I just don't see how it's going to get better if he doesn't get help for it, or at least acknowledge it. It's only getting worse, not better.
  6. I have seen People be healed of mental illness thru God and without drug treatment. I'm not saying medication is bad-- I'm not qualified. My opinion is that God is the ultimate fool-proof healer/medicine.

It's true that your husband will need to become aware of this and submit himself and his illness to God. But in the meantime your prayer will strengthen you to be able to deal with him. Who knows what God can and will do? You will be amazed at what happens with 100% faith without doubt. Ps-- I fall short daily with this but I keep focused on it knowing that it is Gods will; for me to be confident in Him. Always and for everything.

Mental illness is a tough one. Don't push him. Pray that he is given insight.
  7. Needed to hear this, thank you! :)
    AllieWi likes this.
  8. Today it seems we have invented so many physiological names for what God calls the sinful nature, the only remedy for mental illness is Jesus, plain and simple. May I ask what good it would be getting help from a human who is subject to the same malady? What I mean is, if they were to have any credibility they would be able to diagnose the problem without the patient telling them anything and then heal them, but, what they do is ask questions and ascertain from what you have told them what your problem is, which you already knew when you walked through their door, ...and give it a fancy name, they can't tell us how to be healed because they don't know themselves how to heal the patient, so they prescribe drugs to put the patient in a stupor, deceiving them into thinking it is helping and all they are really doing is making the patient drug dependent.

I talk from experience, in '82 I was diagnosed schizophrenic paranoid depressive, they gave me some drugs to take, I took them one time, after that I threw them away because it produced the same effect as coming on to LSD, ...it was my drug days that caused me to be mentally ill, ...I was crazy, but not stupid, ...how could taking more drugs cure me?

Then I was given a Bible with the words of Jesus in red, I was healed from my mental illness in 18 months by just reading the words of Jesus, I'm not alone in this, there was a well known Bible teacher, James Vernon McGee, who had a ranch in Texas where they would invite druggies, alcoholics, prostitutes, anyone that wanted to be free from their addictive sinful nature, put them in a room with a Bible, bring them food and water, tell them they were free to go whenever they wanted, but if they truly wanted to be healed then read the Bible and don't come out of the room until they knew they were healed, ...many, many wonderful testimonies of ruined lives turned around and made into something beautiful to serve their Lord.

So Sweet Pea, the key here is, does your husband want to be healed, does he admit he has a problem and wants help with it? It took 18 months for me because I was nuts, from what you have told us your husband can walk and chew gum at the same time so it is not as severe as my sickness, if he will admit then may I suggest your part in the therapy is to die to self and be filled with the Love of the Holy Spirit, his part is to just read the Word, start with the New Testament and let the Great Physician do His part, if he has questions that you can't answer then come ask us, we won't answer them, but instead will show you two where to look and how to learn from studying the Word, ...then, as a Christian couple you will being building a relationship founded on the Word of God, ...isn't that what you want?

In His Love,

9. So his actions can't be his fault since he has a mental illness. This would explain a lot. right. Heck, explains why he puts you through so much pain all these years. This should make you feel better, it's not him, he has a mental issue. Now you can regroup and keep enabling him to be he way He is. Now you know the possible real deal.

Could not possibly be your Husband is not meditating in the Word and spending time in prayer. Could not possibly be that he don't care to walk before the Lord, treating the Lords Daughter the way she should be treated. Can't be that, has to be mental illness so we can get strength and understanding. Makes it more easy to endure more and more.

Rom 12:2
    And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Col 3:19 Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.

The Only way a man could not obey the Word, would be to be taken over by another spirit. Would have to be complete nuts, and need that spirit cast out of him. Otherwise, God is unjust.

Your in trouble.......... The last thing a person needs who is not putting God first, and getting stronger every day, keeping the Word in front of them. Is someone that helps them have no reason to do that.
  10. My wife thinks I'm bipolar
    I think she's nuts