1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Big Brown wins the 2008 Preakness Stakes

Discussion in 'Sports, Games and Health' started by NearertoGod, May 19, 2008.

1. Big Brown wins the 2008 Preakness Stakes

Oh my goodness, I am so excited for Big Brown. He's my favorite racehorse. I am rooting for him all the way.

I first saw Big Brown win the 2008 Florida Derby at Gulfstream Park, I believe. Then, he won the 2008 Kentucky Derby, or the Run for the Roses.

The Kentucky Derby, the Preakness Stakes, and the Belmont Stakes are apart of the highly prestigious Triple Crown of Thoroughbred Racing - only the best racehorses are nominated for all three races and the stakes are incredibly high. Although, the biggest race in the world is the Dubai World Cup, which was won (this year) by Curlin, who has gotten over $20,000,000 in his life earnings. I believe the approximate number is at least 27 or nearly 28 million.

On the Triple Crown:
    The Triple Crown is for three-year-old racehorses. Colts (young male horses) mostly win the Triple Crown. There is a series of races for fillies (young female horses) called the Triple Tiara of Thoroughbred Racing.

Sorry, I had to remove the Wiki pages for the races because they didn't work, lol.

Please, and I am begging you guys, do not start any flame wars about Eight Belles death. We are all very sorry for this incident, but freak accidents like this happen and in no way is it the owner, trainer, or jockey's fault for her death. Instead of her going through pain, they didn't want her to suffer...okay? So thank you!

Maybe Biggy will make it to winner's circle at the Belmont Stakes? I'll have to wait and see.
  2. Can't wait to see if he wins the Belmont!
  3. Me too! I hope I am able to catch the race on the day it runs. :D
  4. Oh-darlin-I'm sorry he lost-he is still a great horse!!~!:)
  5. I think they were just expecting too much of him on this one. Poor horse :(