Bible Translations Study

Status
Not open for further replies.
The unsound doctrines in new versions cannot be examined without realizing that they are only symptoms of a disease that was contracted years ago.

New versions (and the ‘new’ church they are producing) owe their occult bend to their underlying Greek text, a novelty produced in the 1880’s by Brooke Foss Westcott, a London Spiritualist, and his cohort, Fenton John Anthony Hort. Secular historians and numerous occult books see Westcott as ‘the Father’ of the current channeling phenomenon, a major source of the ‘doctrines of devils’ driving the New Age movement.

The New Age movement’s expressed goal of infiltrating the evangelical church and gradually changing the bible to conform to its One World Religion is evident in the current new versions. Their words and doctrines prepare the apostate church of these last days to accept the Antichrist, his mark, image, and religion -- Lucifer worship.

This has taken place because the editors of the new versions, as well as the authors of the Greek editions, manuscripts, lexicons and dictionaries used in their compilation, hold beliefs which an orthodox Christian would find shocking. Research opens the door exposing them in seance parlors, mental institutions, prison cells and courtrooms for heresy trials. A surprising number of new version editors have permanently lost their ability to speak (five and still counting).

Westcott and Hort wrote the Greek text underlying the new versions. A look into their private thoughts, via their personal correspondence preserved in their biographies, reveals the thoughts and activities of these men.

Their activities described here were occurring while they were deciding what does and does not belong in the bible.

All references can be downloaded, and documentation verified, free-of-charge, here.

Let’s take a look, via a timeline, at some of their New Age heresies (all emphasis mine).

“...he took a strange interest in Mormonism...procuring and studying the Book of Mormon.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 19.)

“In the evening I go with Tom to the wizard; but he does not dare perform before us.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 9.)

Westcott, Hort, and Benson start the ‘Hermes’ Club.

“...his diary tells of a walk to Girton with C. B. Scott in which metaphysics was discussed.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 42.)

[R]efers to evangelicals as “dangerous” and “unsound.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, pp. 44-45.)

“New doubts and old superstitions and rationalism, all trouble me...I cannot determine how much we must believe; how much in fact is necessarily required of a member of the church.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, pp. 46-47.)

“So wild, so skeptical am I; I cannot yield.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 52.)

In speaking of heretic Dr. Hampden, he says, “If he be condemned, what will become of me?”

Hort refers to the “...fanaticism of bibliolaters.” He remarks, “The pure Romish view seems to me nearer and more likely to lead to truth than the evangelical.”
(Hort, Vol. I, pp. 76-77.)

“Protestantism is only parenthetical and temporary.”
(Hort, Vol II, p. 31.)

Hort speaks of “...confused evangelical notions...” He says, “I spoke of the gloomy prospect should the Evangelicals carry on their present victory.”
(Hort, Vol. I, pp. 148, 160.)

Westcott was, “troubled in thought about this passage” (blasphemy against the Spirit).
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 109.)

Hort joins the ‘Philosophical Society’ and comments, “Maurice urged me to give the greatest attention to Plato and Aristotle and to make them the center point of my reading.”
(Hort, Vol. I, pp. 202, 93.)

Hort refers to, “the common orthodox heresy: inspiration.”
(Hort, Vol. I, p. 181.)

Westcott, Hort, and Benson start the ‘Ghostly Guild.’

Westcott was ordained a ‘priest’ in the Anglican church.

Hort also joins ‘the Apostles’, a secret club.

Westcott and Hort distribute ‘Ghostly Guild’ literature.

Westcott, in speaking of Revelation, admits, “On this, my views are perhaps extreme.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 225.)

Referring to the traditional Greek Text, then currently in use, Westcott says, “I am most anxious to provide something to replace them.” He admits the drastic changes he plans and calls it, “our proposed recension of the New Testament.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 229.)

Hort “was diligently preparing for his ordination” into the Anglican priesthood. “It was during these weeks with Mr. Westcott, who had come to see him [Hort] at Umberslacle, that the plan of a joint revision of the text of the Greek Testament was first definitely agreed upon.”
(Hort, Vol. I, p. 240.)

“About this time Mr. Daniel Macmillan suggested to him [Hort] that he should take part in an interesting and comprehensive ‘New Testament Scheme’. Hort was to edit the text in conjunction with Mr. Westcott, the latter was to be responsible for a commentary, and Lightfoot was to contribute a New Testament Grammar and Lexicon.” (Hort, Vol. I, p. 241.) “He and I are going to edit a Greek text of the New Testament some two or three years hence if possible.” (Hort, Vol. I, p. 250.) “We came to a distinct and positive understanding about our Greek Text and the details thereof. We still do not wish to be talked about but are going to work at once and hope we may have it out in a little more than a year. This of course gives good employment.”
(Hort, Vol. I, p. 264.)

“How certainly I should have been proclaimed a heretic.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 223.)

“Campbell’s book on the Atonement...unluckily he knows nothing except Protestant theology.”
(Hort, Vol. I, p. 322.)

“I hope to go on with the New Testament Text more unremittingly.”
(Hort, Vol. I, p. 355.)

“I am just now chiefly occupied about a proposed Cambridge translation of the whole of Plato...another scheme likely to be carried out if a publisher can be found.”
(Hort, Vol. I, p. 349.)

“But no doubt there was an element of mystery about Westcott. He took his turn preaching in chapel, but he dreaded and disliked the duty and he was quite inaudible.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 198.)

“The principle literary work of these years was the revision of the Greek Text of the New Testament. All spare hours were devoted to it.” “Evangelicals seem to me perverted...There are, I fear, still more serious differences between us on the subject of authority, especially the authority of the Bible.” “At present many orthodox but rational men are being unawares acted upon by influences which will assuredly bear good fruit in due time if the process is allowed to go on quietly; but I fear that a premature crisis would frighten back many into the merest traditionalism.”
(Hort, Vol. I, p. 400.)

“I shall be very glad to learn what are the objectionable parts in my sermon: I fancied that I kept wonderfully within the limits of orthodoxy: but I trust that my object was rather to say what I felt rather than square what I say with some scheme.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 208.)

“My dear Lightfoot, thank you very much for your kind present. But why did you send beer instead of coming yourself? I have another question to ask about palimpsest fragments of the first seven chapters of St. Luke...I can testify to the high value of the MS [manuscript].”
(Hort, Vol. I, pp. 403-404.)

“If only we speak our minds, we shall not be able to avoid giving grave offense to...the miscalled orthodoxy of the day.”
(Hort, Vol, I, p. 421.)

“I...looked at the Christian Observer[‘s]...condemnation of my heresy.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 241.)

“If you make a decided conviction of the absolute infallibility of the New Testament a sine qua non for cooperation, I fear I could not join you.”
(Hort, Vol. I, p. 420.)

“[M]y doubts about infallibility [remain]. Lightfoot wants you to take Hebrews, if it does not go to Benson [Ghostly Guild].”
(Hort, Vol. I, p. 422.)

“I reject the word infallibility of Holy Scriptures overwhelmingly.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 207.)

“I am also glad that you take the same provisional ground as to infallibility that I do...In our rapid correspondence about the New Testament, I have been forgetting Plato."
(Hort’s letter to Lightfoot, Hort, Vol. I, p. 424.)

“...imputations of heresy and the like against me.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 222.)

“[T]his may be cowardice -- I have sort of a craving that our text should be cast upon the world before we deal with matters likely to brand us with suspicion. I mean, a text issued by men who are already known for what will undoubtedly be treated as dangerous heresy will have great difficulty in finding its way to regions which it might otherwise hope to reach and whence it would not be easily banished by subsequent alarms.”
(Hort’s letter to Westcott regarding their writing other things.)
(Hort, Vol. I, p. 445.)

“[T]he idea of La Salette [appearances of the Virgin] was that of God revealing Himself, now, not in one form, but in many.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 251.)

During his trip to visit the shrine of the Virgin he stopped in Milan to make “examination of the Muritorian Fragment of the Canon.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 254.)

“All the questionable doctrines which I have ever maintained are in it.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 290.)

“We must somehow contrive...some way of adding to income.”
(Hort, Vol. II, p. 108.)

“Westcott urges me to try what writing will do.”
(Hort, Vol. II, p. 110.)

“Dr. Butler calls him [Westcott]...mysterious...His voice reached but a few and was understood by still fewer.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 272.)

“Dr. Westcott and myself have for about seventeen years been preparing a Greek text...we hope to have it out early next year.”
(Hort, Vol. II, p. 137.)

“...strike blindly...much evil would result from the public discussion.”

“I shall aim at what is transcendental in many peoples eyes...I suppose I am a communist by nature.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 309.)

Westcott, Hort, and Lightfoot were invited to join the Revision Committee of the New Testament. “Westcott believes we ought to seize the opportunity especially since we three are on the list.”
(Hort, Vol, II, p. 133.)

Westcott, Hort and Lightfoot begin the Eranus Club (the “we three” of the Ghostly Guild). Sidgwick and Balfour, of upcoming Society for Psychical Research, also join Eranus.

[Work on New Testament revision continues, 1871-1881.]

“Truth is so wonderfully large.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 333.)

Eranus Club meets in Hort’s room.

“Our Bible as well as our Faith is a mere compromise.”
(Westcott, On the Canon of the New Testament: A General Survey, p. vii.)

“[T]he work which has gone on now for nearly 30years was brought to a conclusion.”
(Hort, Vol. II, p. 234.) (The Revised Version and ‘New’ Greek are published; or is he talking about the Ghostly Guild, which also began exactly 30 years ago and inspired the Society for Psychical Research in 1882?)

“The truth seems to me to be so overwhelmingly vast and manifold that I shrink from drawing any outline except provisionally.”
(Westcott, Vol. II)

“Life and truth grow more and more mysterious.”
(Westcott, Vol. II, p. 61.)

“He sometimes with much seriousness professed to be much drawn to beer...”
(Westcott, Vol. II, p. 178.)

“His zeal in the cause of pure beer involved him in a correspondence which was published in the newspapers in the later part of 1893 and his picture together with some of the following words spoken by him, was utilized for the adornment of the advertisement of a brewer of pure beer.” “My idea is that they might have a public house in which good beer alone would be sold...I consider pure beer...to be an innocent and wholesome beverage...substitutes for malt...is not what the purchaser demands nor expects.” [Westcott’s letter written to Brewer’s Society in complaint against inferior beer]
(Westcott, Vol. II, pp. 218-219, 177.)

“The Prohibitionists once more showed themselves to be unstatesmanlike...”
(Westcott, Vol. II, p. 238.)

“But from my Cambridge days I have read the writings of many who are called mystics with much profit.”
(Westcott, Vol. II, p. 309.)

miscellaneous:

Both Wescott and Hort assert that the devil is not a person but a general “power of evil.”
(Wescott, Commentary on 1-3 John, p. 106.)

Hort’s hostility to the well-known Trinity verse, I John 5:7+8, haunts his writings. “It could be gotten rid of...” he stabs. (The Life of Hort, Vol. II, p. 128.) Today one NIV editor admits, “It is the strongest statement in the KJV on the Trinity.” (The NIV: The Making of a Contemporary Translation, p. 56.) So out it goes from the NIV; its omission is masked to readers because the NIV steals some of verse 8 and calls it verse 7. The NASB’s sleight of hand instead slipped out some of verse 6 and calls it 7.

The thesis of the OP has been tried and found worthy.

Beware of Satan’s new age bible versions.

“It doesn’t matter if the info came from a deacon or a dumpster -- always verify the documentation!”

Much research was conducted on documentation found in:

New Age Bible Versions, Fifteenth printing, 2008
ISBN-10: 0963584502

-- Thank you, my sister, for your selfless assistance!
Hey brother! Peace of our Lord Jesus be with you! Its a slow but stady move....Other wise how would the Great Babylon apper....I loved the logo by do way! Great idea...

There are problems with the KJV just like any other translation. None is a perfect reading for everyone. Some can't read old English, and we shouldn't expect them to. We have more manuscripts today than they did making the KJV, and we speak English differently. So sorry, but I don't support KJV only. The people who do hold to tradition.
Sorry, Cosmo, but the numbers are the same today as back during the Reformation. The vast majority of ancient MSS that agree with one another still belong to the Traditional/Byzantian family, from which the Textus Receptus was derived, while only a fraction of remaining MSS still belong to the Western (Roman Catholic Bibles) and the Alexandrian, from which the Critical Text is derived - the Critical Text being that from which all modern Bibles are translated. 50 people witness an accident and 49 say the dumptruck ran the stop sign and 1 says the motorcycle did, and we are to believe the 1?
Watch "A Lamp In The Dark", a very scholarly examination of Bible history. :)

• Well if you want to read what you feel the Holy Ghost has shown you i guess do it right? But I almost guarantee that there will come a time where the Holy Ghost is going to tell you to pick up the KJV for certain reasons. Ill pray for that because you're eventually going to need that KJV i believe.
I agree. If you take any Bible translated from the Textus Receptus and turn to the middle of the book of Acts, the remaining portion of that Bible is equivalent to how much some Critical Text translations have left out. Since a man cannot live by bread alone, but by EVERY WORD that proceedeth out of the mouth of God, I too hope that readers of modern versions will pick up a TR version like the KJV, Peshitta, etc. and finish their meal.

The unsound doctrines in new versions cannot be examined without realizing that they are only symptoms of a disease that was contracted years ago.

New versions (and the ‘new’ church they are producing) owe their occult bend to their underlying Greek text, a novelty produced in the 1880’s by Brooke Foss Westcott, a London Spiritualist, and his cohort, Fenton John Anthony Hort. Secular historians and numerous occult books see Westcott as ‘the Father’ of the current channeling phenomenon, a major source of the ‘doctrines of devils’ driving the New Age movement.

The New Age movement’s expressed goal of infiltrating the evangelical church and gradually changing the bible to conform to its One World Religion is evident in the current new versions. Their words and doctrines prepare the apostate church of these last days to accept the Antichrist, his mark, image, and religion -- Lucifer worship.

This has taken place because the editors of the new versions, as well as the authors of the Greek editions, manuscripts, lexicons and dictionaries used in their compilation, hold beliefs which an orthodox Christian would find shocking. Research opens the door exposing them in seance parlors, mental institutions, prison cells and courtrooms for heresy trials. A surprising number of new version editors have permanently lost their ability to speak (five and still counting).

Westcott and Hort wrote the Greek text underlying the new versions. A look into their private thoughts, via their personal correspondence preserved in their biographies, reveals the thoughts and activities of these men.

Their activities described here were occurring while they were deciding what does and does not belong in the bible.

All references can be downloaded, and documentation verified, free-of-charge, here.

Let’s take a look, via a timeline, at some of their New Age heresies (all emphasis mine).

“...he took a strange interest in Mormonism...procuring and studying the Book of Mormon.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 19.)

“In the evening I go with Tom to the wizard; but he does not dare perform before us.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 9.)

Westcott, Hort, and Benson start the ‘Hermes’ Club.

“...his diary tells of a walk to Girton with C. B. Scott in which metaphysics was discussed.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 42.)

[R]efers to evangelicals as “dangerous” and “unsound.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, pp. 44-45.)

“New doubts and old superstitions and rationalism, all trouble me...I cannot determine how much we must believe; how much in fact is necessarily required of a member of the church.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, pp. 46-47.)

“So wild, so skeptical am I; I cannot yield.”

In speaking of heretic Dr. Hampden, he says, “If he be condemned, what will become of me?”

Hort refers to the “...fanaticism of bibliolaters.” He remarks, “The pure Romish view seems to me nearer and more likely to lead to truth than the evangelical.”
(Hort, Vol. I, pp. 76-77.)

“Protestantism is only parenthetical and temporary.”
(Hort, Vol II, p. 31.)

Hort speaks of “...confused evangelical notions...” He says, “I spoke of the gloomy prospect should the Evangelicals carry on their present victory.”
(Hort, Vol. I, pp. 148, 160.)

Westcott was, “troubled in thought about this passage” (blasphemy against the Spirit).
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 109.)

Hort joins the ‘Philosophical Society’ and comments, “Maurice urged me to give the greatest attention to Plato and Aristotle and to make them the center point of my reading.”
(Hort, Vol. I, pp. 202, 93.)

Hort refers to, “the common orthodox heresy: inspiration.”
(Hort, Vol. I, p. 181.)

Westcott, Hort, and Benson start the ‘Ghostly Guild.’

Westcott was ordained a ‘priest’ in the Anglican church.

Hort also joins ‘the Apostles’, a secret club.

Westcott and Hort distribute ‘Ghostly Guild’ literature.

Westcott, in speaking of Revelation, admits, “On this, my views are perhaps extreme.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 225.)

Referring to the traditional Greek Text, then currently in use, Westcott says, “I am most anxious to provide something to replace them.” He admits the drastic changes he plans and calls it, “our proposed recension of the New Testament.”

Hort “was diligently preparing for his ordination” into the Anglican priesthood. “It was during these weeks with Mr. Westcott, who had come to see him [Hort] at Umberslacle, that the plan of a joint revision of the text of the Greek Testament was first definitely agreed upon.”
(Hort, Vol. I, p. 240.)

“About this time Mr. Daniel Macmillan suggested to him [Hort] that he should take part in an interesting and comprehensive ‘New Testament Scheme’. Hort was to edit the text in conjunction with Mr. Westcott, the latter was to be responsible for a commentary, and Lightfoot was to contribute a New Testament Grammar and Lexicon.” (Hort, Vol. I, p. 241.) “He and I are going to edit a Greek text of the New Testament some two or three years hence if possible.” (Hort, Vol. I, p. 250.) “We came to a distinct and positive understanding about our Greek Text and the details thereof. We still do not wish to be talked about but are going to work at once and hope we may have it out in a little more than a year. This of course gives good employment.”
(Hort, Vol. I, p. 264.)

“How certainly I should have been proclaimed a heretic.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 223.)

“Campbell’s book on the Atonement...unluckily he knows nothing except Protestant theology.”
(Hort, Vol. I, p. 322.)

“I hope to go on with the New Testament Text more unremittingly.”
(Hort, Vol. I, p. 355.)

“I am just now chiefly occupied about a proposed Cambridge translation of the whole of Plato...another scheme likely to be carried out if a publisher can be found.”
(Hort, Vol. I, p. 349.)

“But no doubt there was an element of mystery about Westcott. He took his turn preaching in chapel, but he dreaded and disliked the duty and he was quite inaudible.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 198.)

“The principle literary work of these years was the revision of the Greek Text of the New Testament. All spare hours were devoted to it.” “Evangelicals seem to me perverted...There are, I fear, still more serious differences between us on the subject of authority, especially the authority of the Bible.” “At present many orthodox but rational men are being unawares acted upon by influences which will assuredly bear good fruit in due time if the process is allowed to go on quietly; but I fear that a premature crisis would frighten back many into the merest traditionalism.”
(Hort, Vol. I, p. 400.)

“I shall be very glad to learn what are the objectionable parts in my sermon: I fancied that I kept wonderfully within the limits of orthodoxy: but I trust that my object was rather to say what I felt rather than square what I say with some scheme.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 208.)

“My dear Lightfoot, thank you very much for your kind present. But why did you send beer instead of coming yourself? I have another question to ask about palimpsest fragments of the first seven chapters of St. Luke...I can testify to the high value of the MS [manuscript].”
(Hort, Vol. I, pp. 403-404.)

“If only we speak our minds, we shall not be able to avoid giving grave offense to...the miscalled orthodoxy of the day.”
(Hort, Vol, I, p. 421.)

“I...looked at the Christian Observer[‘s]...condemnation of my heresy.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 241.)

“If you make a decided conviction of the absolute infallibility of the New Testament a sine qua non for cooperation, I fear I could not join you.”
(Hort, Vol. I, p. 420.)

“[M]y doubts about infallibility [remain]. Lightfoot wants you to take Hebrews, if it does not go to Benson [Ghostly Guild].”
(Hort, Vol. I, p. 422.)

“I reject the word infallibility of Holy Scriptures overwhelmingly.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 207.)

“I am also glad that you take the same provisional ground as to infallibility that I do...In our rapid correspondence about the New Testament, I have been forgetting Plato."
(Hort’s letter to Lightfoot, Hort, Vol. I, p. 424.)

“...imputations of heresy and the like against me.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 222.)

“[T]his may be cowardice -- I have sort of a craving that our text should be cast upon the world before we deal with matters likely to brand us with suspicion. I mean, a text issued by men who are already known for what will undoubtedly be treated as dangerous heresy will have great difficulty in finding its way to regions which it might otherwise hope to reach and whence it would not be easily banished by subsequent alarms.”
(Hort’s letter to Westcott regarding their writing other things.)
(Hort, Vol. I, p. 445.)

“[T]he idea of La Salette [appearances of the Virgin] was that of God revealing Himself, now, not in one form, but in many.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 251.)

During his trip to visit the shrine of the Virgin he stopped in Milan to make “examination of the Muritorian Fragment of the Canon.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 254.)

“All the questionable doctrines which I have ever maintained are in it.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 290.)

“We must somehow contrive...some way of adding to income.”
(Hort, Vol. II, p. 108.)

“Westcott urges me to try what writing will do.”
(Hort, Vol. II, p. 110.)

“Dr. Butler calls him [Westcott]...mysterious...His voice reached but a few and was understood by still fewer.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 272.)

“Dr. Westcott and myself have for about seventeen years been preparing a Greek text...we hope to have it out early next year.”
(Hort, Vol. II, p. 137.)

“...strike blindly...much evil would result from the public discussion.”

“I shall aim at what is transcendental in many peoples eyes...I suppose I am a communist by nature.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 309.)

Westcott, Hort, and Lightfoot were invited to join the Revision Committee of the New Testament. “Westcott believes we ought to seize the opportunity especially since we three are on the list.”
(Hort, Vol, II, p. 133.)

Westcott, Hort and Lightfoot begin the Eranus Club (the “we three” of the Ghostly Guild). Sidgwick and Balfour, of upcoming Society for Psychical Research, also join Eranus.

[Work on New Testament revision continues, 1871-1881.]

“Truth is so wonderfully large.”
(Westcott, Vol. I, p. 333.)

Eranus Club meets in Hort’s room.

“Our Bible as well as our Faith is a mere compromise.”
(Westcott, On the Canon of the New Testament: A General Survey, p. vii.)

“[T]he work which has gone on now for nearly 30years was brought to a conclusion.”
(Hort, Vol. II, p. 234.) (The Revised Version and ‘New’ Greek are published; or is he talking about the Ghostly Guild, which also began exactly 30 years ago and inspired the Society for Psychical Research in 1882?)

“The truth seems to me to be so overwhelmingly vast and manifold that I shrink from drawing any outline except provisionally.”
(Westcott, Vol. II)

“Life and truth grow more and more mysterious.”
(Westcott, Vol. II, p. 61.)

“He sometimes with much seriousness professed to be much drawn to beer...”
(Westcott, Vol. II, p. 178.)

“His zeal in the cause of pure beer involved him in a correspondence which was published in the newspapers in the later part of 1893 and his picture together with some of the following words spoken by him, was utilized for the adornment of the advertisement of a brewer of pure beer.” “My idea is that they might have a public house in which good beer alone would be sold...I consider pure beer...to be an innocent and wholesome beverage...substitutes for malt...is not what the purchaser demands nor expects.” [Westcott’s letter written to Brewer’s Society in complaint against inferior beer]
(Westcott, Vol. II, pp. 218-219, 177.)

“The Prohibitionists once more showed themselves to be unstatesmanlike...”
(Westcott, Vol. II, p. 238.)

“But from my Cambridge days I have read the writings of many who are called mystics with much profit.”
(Westcott, Vol. II, p. 309.)

miscellaneous:

Both Wescott and Hort assert that the devil is not a person but a general “power of evil.”
(Wescott, Commentary on 1-3 John, p. 106.)

Hort’s hostility to the well-known Trinity verse, I John 5:7+8, haunts his writings. “It could be gotten rid of...” he stabs. (The Life of Hort, Vol. II, p. 128.) Today one NIV editor admits, “It is the strongest statement in the KJV on the Trinity.” (The NIV: The Making of a Contemporary Translation, p. 56.) So out it goes from the NIV; its omission is masked to readers because the NIV steals some of verse 8 and calls it verse 7. The NASB’s sleight of hand instead slipped out some of verse 6 and calls it 7.

The thesis of the OP has been tried and found worthy.

Beware of Satan’s new age bible versions.

“It doesn’t matter if the info came from a deacon or a dumpster -- always verify the documentation!”

Much research was conducted on documentation found in:

New Age Bible Versions, Fifteenth printing, 2008
ISBN-10: 0963584502

-- Thank you, my sister, for your selfless assistance!
Have you read some of Dean Burgon's criticism of Tischendorf, Westcott, and Hort? Superb analysis:

"We oppose facts to their speculation. They exalt (Codex) B and (Codex) Aleph and (Codex) D because in their own opinions those copies are the best. They weave ingenious webs, and invent subtle theories, because their paradox of a few against the many requires ingenuity and subtlety for its support. Dr. Hort revelled in finespun theories and technical terms...which of course connote a certain amount of evidence, but are weak pillars of a heavy structure."

I honestly can't understand how a thinking Protestant Christian can knowingly put their faith in the work of "Protestant" men who clearly were interested only in promoting the the ideas of the enemies of Protestantism: Spiritualism, Catholicism, Occultism, Pantheism, Freemasonry, etc.

Revelation 22:18-20 is talking about the book of Revelation only, not the entire Bible which is a collection of books and letters.
(KJV) Revelation 22:19 - And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city,
(NIV) Revelation 22:19 - And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city,
Okay so then between the NIV and KJV in this part of Revelation they are different!!!! So if you're saying this verse is only about Revelation then are you now going to trust in the NIV still since it messes up the translation??? I don't believe that this verse is only talking about Revelation just to let you know but since you said it's only talking about Revelation well here you go the NIV messes it up VERY CLEARLY!

Sorry, Cosmo, but the numbers are the same today as back during the Reformation. The vast majority of ancient MSS that agree with one another still belong to the Traditional/Byzantian family, from which the Textus Receptus was derived, while only a fraction of remaining MSS still belong to the Western (Roman Catholic Bibles) and the Alexandrian, from which the Critical Text is derived - the Critical Text being that from which all modern Bibles are translated. 50 people witness an accident and 49 say the dumptruck ran the stop sign and 1 says the motorcycle did, and we are to believe the 1?
Watch "A Lamp In The Dark", a very scholarly examination of Bible history. :)
I just watch A Lamp In The Dark! i liked it.

(KJV) Revelation 22:19 - And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city,
(NIV) Revelation 22:19 - And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city,
Okay so then between the NIV and KJV in this part of Revelation they are different!!!! So if you're saying this verse is only about Revelation then are you now going to trust in the NIV still since it messes up the translation??? I don't believe that this verse is only talking about Revelation just to let you know but since you said it's only talking about Revelation well here you go the NIV messes it up VERY CLEARLY!

Actually, other than what you underlined, they are pretty much the same. The book of life is not the Bible or even the book of revelation. The book of life is where our names are written. The NIV still clearly states "this book of prophecy" which Revelation is.

I'm sorry, but you will not win me over to your side. I will not convert to being KJV only. It's not going to happen. Now, if you'll excuse me, I did say that I wasn't going to post in this thread anymore, but I couldn't resist pointing out the flaw in your argument. So this will be my final post for this thread.

Actually, other than what you underlined, they are pretty much the same. The book of life is not the Bible or even the book of revelation. The book of life is where our names are written. The NIV still clearly states "this book of prophecy" which Revelation is.

I'm sorry, but you will not win me over to your side. I will not convert to being KJV only. It's not going to happen. Now, if you'll excuse me, I did say that I wasn't going to post in this thread anymore, but I couldn't resist pointing out the flaw in your argument. So this will be my final post for this thread.
"Then the Bible, that serpent which with head erect and eyes flashing, threatens us with its venom while it trails along the ground, shall be changed into a rod as soon as we are able to seize it... for three centuries past this cruel asp has left us no repose. You well know with what folds it entwines us and with what fangs it gnaws us." The Jesuits in History, Hector Macpherson

The was written 3 centuries after the Reformers began exposing the Roman Catholic Church's errors and blasphemies by use of the Greek MSS from which the Textus Receptus was derived. Do you not realize that you've chosen to set those God-ordained Greek MSS aside, preferring to embrace the Jesuit "rod" which is the Critical Text, or do you simply not care?

"Then the Bible, that serpent which with head erect and eyes flashing, threatens us with its venom while it trails along the ground, shall be changed into a rod as soon as we are able to seize it... for three centuries past this cruel asp has left us no repose. You well know with what folds it entwines us and with what fangs it gnaws us." The Jesuits in History, Hector Macpherson

The was written 3 centuries after the Reformers began exposing the Roman Catholic Church's errors and blasphemies by use of the Greek MSS from which the Textus Receptus was derived. Do you not realize that you've chosen to set those God-ordained Greek MSS aside, preferring to embrace the Jesuit "rod" which is the Critical Text, or do you simply not care?

I simply do not care as I have stated many times throughout this thread. I will say it again because apparently since all of you seem to ignore what I am posting... I will not be buying a KJV Bible, ever.

I hope that I have been plain enough.

I simply do not care as I have stated many times throughout this thread. I will say it again because apparently since all of you seem to ignore what I am posting... I will not be buying a KJV Bible, ever.

Yes I am done trying to show you what is truth. Have a good one and keep the faith! God Bless

OK, but can I send you one as a gift? After all, we are told that "man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceedeth from the mouth of God" and the Greek Critical Text, from which your NIV and ESV are translated, has removed so much of God's Word that it is as impotent and nutrient deficient as GMO grain.

OK, but can I send you one as a gift? After all, we are told that "man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceedeth from the mouth of God" and the Greek Critical Text, from which your NIV and ESV are translated, has removed so much of God's Word that it is as impotent and nutrient deficient as GMO grain.

No, you may not. Just so you know, now you're being insulting.

Lol.....Respectfuly, you dont need a KJ....as long as you know that there is a undisputed diference that you should be aware, from the MSS and a few translations in ours days....if you did not know, now you do! What everyone does to this knowlodge is up to us....God bless!

Dude send me one hahaha

I wonder if Jesus would say we shouldn't read the NIV... Me thinks not.

As I've said before, I believe the KJV adds to the Bible. How does Rev. 22:18 go again?

Mmmmhmmm.

You seem to have mistaken my concise illustration of the facts as an insult, which it was not. So be it, your mind seems to be made up, but if you ever change it, the offer remains on the table.

Dude send me one hahaha
It's just plain foolish and irresponsible to ignore the facts of history. Men professing Christianity, but who have aligned themselves with the powers of darkness to prepare the world to receive the false NWO "Cosmic Christ" (Satan), have played a major role in changing the Bible. Why? To soften up fundamentalist Protestant Christianity so that they'll join in the global, unholy alliance of spiritual "Babylon" of Revelation 18:1-4, to which the global "kings of the earth" and the global "merchant" banking cartels/corporate mafiosos will be subservient. Protestantism is heeding the call of the ecumenical movement to "come in and be confederate with us" rather than heeding the most solemn, fearful warning of Scripture: "come out of her, My people, that you be not partakers of her sins and receive not of her plagues". Here's another really good presentation that exposes the occult agenda behind the New Age Bibles.

You seem to have mistaken my concise illustration of the facts as an insult, which it was not. So be it, your mind seems to be made up, but if you ever change it, the offer remains on the table.

Had nothing to do with your so called facts. If you remember, I simply do not care about them. No, what is insulting to me is you trying to send me a copy of the KJV Bible as a gift after I have repeatedly said that I will not read the KJV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back