Bi-polar Club

Discussion in 'Clubs' started by Beloved, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Third party does not need to be your parents. He should have a nurse. What does he do with adult female patients get them to bring their parents?

No psychologist or psychiatrist who is doing their job correctly should be surprised when a teenager needs to chat without their parents in the room.

Write back and tell him everything. Then at least he will have the info before he sees you.

2. I struggle greatly with depression and get annoyed at myself but i thank god that he loves me

3. I thank God for my meds.

While on my meds, (6 to 7 years) this has been the worse week concerning Bi-polar, depression.

Everyday this week, it got worse and I was barely able to function doing the simpliest thing.

I stood on Gods word, listen to Christian worship songs, and sermons, teachings ect.

By this afternoon I was better... It had made me realize how awful everyday would be if I had never been diagnosed, or if their were no medications.

My hope is in my beautiful Heavenly Dad, and my Saviour, and the Holy Spirit.

Even while praying today with a friend I felt a great passionate love for me by the Father, and Christ...

My friend I went through 5 years of crippling depression before that. I never left my house... So I understand...

Yesterday, at counceling he said not to get annoyed with myself during these times because what I have is a chemical imbalance...

I did not do this to my self. In my case it is genetic...

So as God is patient with us we need to be patient with ourselves.

4. Hey beloved,
    we seem to have the same illness,but mine aint genetic.

hmmm have you ever had medications that are counter productive?
    or overdosed? =X

5. No, I have never overdosed...

I have underdosed while trying to see if I could get off of them...

I've had problems with meds like losing hair and intestinal problems I could not live with, so my phyc tried other meds.

However, the sight effects I experienced doesnt seem to be common with everyone...

You are so young. No one wants to be depented on medication...

Have faith that the Lord will arrange circumstances in your life for your enrichment...

1. Romans 8:28
      And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
    Everyone has a burden to bare in life, this happens to be ours...

1. Matthew 11:28
      Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.
    2. Galatians 6:2
      Share each other’s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ.
    I hope this will be a place to share for the enrichment of all of us...

6. -shrugs- I have both over and under dosed.

I am young,but my future seems hopless.
    why does the deepest hurt have to come from within the family?
    do people derive joy from others' fall?

7. You are young and that's why your future isn't hopeless.:D

You may not see it now but everyone is dealt some burden that will draw them against or towards the Lord.

No one knows if a new med. for Bi-polar will be discovered, and either cure us or stabilize us better than what out their today.

A study on new medical discoveries since you were born would blow your mind.:eek:

The chose is up to you to surrender your burden to Christ or remain hopeless.:)

There is always hope in Christ.:D

God bless you little one:israel:

8. Romans 8:1 " therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" :) yay.my friend sent that to me when i was real down :eek: hee check out my testimony~

9. Serotonin Diet

First I need to state that by copying this diet does not mean I am suggestion we stop our medications. I tried that and though this diet helps it is not a substitute for the appropiate medication.

Serotonin Diet ​

Serotonin is a nerotransmitter. We get serotonin by eating tryptophan rich foods. Tryptophan is in meats and plants.

Vegetable Sources
    Tofu, pumkin seeds, wheat gluten, almonds, Black walnuts, Black eyed peas, Tahini or sesame seeds, Hummas, Almond butter, Brown rice
    Eat foods high in Folic acid 400mcg a day

Black Eyed peas, Lentil soup or stew 1 cup, Okra, Spinage, navy beans

Eat foods rich in Omega 3 fatty acids
    Salmon, flax seed
    Eat foods rich in b-12
    Soy, Rice, Cereals

10. Moderators warning

MODERATORS WARNING

Do NOT change your medication without the permission of your medical practitioner!

Increasing the Serotonin in your diet will NOT replace of substitute for your prescribed meds. However it may influence how they work so before adopting the diet discuss it with your medical practitioner.

REMINDER:

May we remind you of post 2 in this thread where we said

11. Thank You Housesitter, I hope my post will educate but not give the wrong idea. I'm glad you elaborated as you did.
    (Copy)
    First I need to state that by copying this diet does not mean I am suggestion we stop our medications. I tried that (which didn't work ) and though this diet helps it is not a substitute for the appropiate medication.

Father bless You ,
    angela

12. Don't claim you are Bi-polar

On another subject, I wonder how many out there have been bombarded with the latest religious trend of not claiming you have a particuliar problem, weather it be a disease or other.:confused:

As they put it," don't send that in the atmosphere".

Not saying you have a mental disease, is just as silly as saying you do not have diebetes, or high blood pressure when you do.

Not saying it will not change the facts.

Even Paul said,

2 Corinthian 12

I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud.
    8 Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. 9 Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 10 That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

13. religious in what way? o.O
    I've been taught since young to never be me,cos I aint ever good enough.All I do is to keep switching my masks in the hope that someday one might be me.

14. Hi,
    I'm new here and just found this group. So, we can't talk about our medications or our treatments? What exactly can we talk about? I'm Bi-Polar, just starting to take my condition seriously even though I was diagnosed when I was 18 and am now in my 40's. I've been on medication now for about 6 months I guess and I have some questions...
    Is it normal to feel nothing? I mean really, I decided I needed meds because I had been in a deep depression for over a year. I cried all the time, was irratable, etc... I had some good days-really good days!-but they were few and far between. Now, since I started taking the meds, I don't cry at all, but I don't have any what I'd call good feely days either. I sleep all the time! I can't seem to get anything done unless I literally make myself, and that doesn't happen much. And the worse part is, I don't care if things get done or not. This is not me! I am usually a very happy, outgoing person who can do multiple things at once, on a good day, of course. But now, it's like something has died inside of me and I am just sleepwalking through life. Even church doesn't excite me anymore and that is a great loss! I used to love going to church. I used to go everyday, if only to pray with the intercessors and fellowship. Now I have to force myself to go to the regular services.
    I've been prayed for, I've even had them pray for my deliverance from this tormenting demon. And I get some relief for a day or two then it's back to nothing again.
    Is this what 'normal' feels like? I am seriously considering stopping the meds altogether because I just don't like this numbness. I need to feel something, even if it's negative it's better than feeling like I'm dead or something.
    Please pray for me. I know what I should do, but knowing and doing are two different things altogether! I don't have insurance, hate psychiatrists, and couldn't go to one if I had to because of the cost. I can't even afford the meds I'm on. My Dr. gives me free samples for now, but I don't know what I'm going to do when those freebies run out or if I need other meds.

15. Dear Nancy Ann,

Just a quik note to say I am so glad you have posted... I hope others will join... I will try to write when i have more time... as My mother in law who lives with us is having surgery today...

I would like the bi-polar club to be someplace where we can air out our feeling and stories we have dealing with this thorn lets say...

Ours is bi-polar but everyone i have ever met has a thorn in them...

Lets encourage each other... No one can understand bi-polar truely unless they experience it...

I have to go now but I do want to say the Lord has performed many miracles with me and is still doing so...

Father bless you,
    angela

16. Hi Nancy Ann

angela

17. Wow, Beloved! You really know how to make a person feel better! Your post has lifted my spirit a great deal. I didn't realize that just knowing someone else felt the same way could make such a difference! Thank You so much for your kind words.
    Actually, I kinda got a feeling about this latest bout of depression I have been going through. I had been praying for some months now for a revival. I actually asked God to let it begin with me, if there was no one else He could use at this time. That is when the real 'darkness' began I think. Do you see it? I just read somewhere that true revival begins when we thrist for God above all else. Sooo...in order to create a powerful 'thirst' the 'water' (or maybe in this case, the Spirit) has to be removed (or pulled back) for a time. Then we will seek after God with all our heart mind and strength. And then, REVIVAL will come!!!
    Okay, maybe I'm just grasping at straws, and this is just my brain's way of dealing with what's happening to me right now, but if it makes me feel better and gets me crying out to the Lord more, what harm can it do? Right?

18. Feeling worthless at times

No Harm ! If you can walk to get away from everything as well as be alone with Jesus for a while I suggest it...

Much Love because of Jesus,

angela

Is there a 211 in your state, you can call...?

19. Years ago one of my old counselors assured me that there were programs out there to help me get my meds, if ever something happened to us economically and we could no longer afford them...

20. Please pray for me-feeling really bad today. I have a bad cough, bronchitis probably, and I'm taking some things for it but the stuff I'm taking is making the depression almost unbearable. I just want to crawl into bed and stay there until the Lord comes back. Of course my husband who is forever happy won't let me do that,lol. I really don't know what I'd do without him sometimes. I actually got dressed and did the dishes today! Whoo-Hoo! But all I really want to do is cry.