Bi-polar Club

Discussion in 'Clubs' started by Beloved, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Bi-polar Club

Or should I say....................

The Christian Bi-polar Club... Anyone want to discuss that....:p:rolleyes:;)

Sorry, but others with other mental problems have to form their own Club...:p

Everyone else seems to be coming out of the closet...

Lets not hide with our problems in a dark closet where the snakes and roaches are...

Lets come out, and have our merciful Lord and Savior Holy Grace shine on it so it can be zapped...

Any members?

2. MODERATORS ANNOUNCEMENT

Following discussion between mods and the forum administartor we have decided to allow the formation of this new club.

The thread is therefore being moved to the Clubs section.

NOTE:
    Bi-Polar is a serious illness and while we are happy for members to support and pray for each other we can't allow the discussion of medication or alternative forms of treatment etc. That needs to be a personal matter between the individual and their doctor /psychologist / psychiatrist.

In view of the nature of this topic the thread will be closely moderated and anyone who goes against the abovementioned guidelines will have their post removed.

God bless you

3. *hoots*
    reporting for club duties mdm! =c

4. Good Morning Forgiven,

Mods. my memory is foggy so please keep that in mind in case I slip...

You can always delete it... I won't mind:D

5. Depression

I guess I should first start with my own quick testimony...

For the new ones here, I have floated in and out of depression for many years but never a long term thing till about 7 years ago when a severe depression episode that last for 5 years ended... I was homebound and bed bound during that time... I was in my 40's at that time...

The depression door I'll call it open to other mental problem...

I could not leave my home for 5 years...

I became paronoid... Also, I got obscessive,compulsive disorder.

Of course I gained alot of weight about 40 to 60 pounds.

6. Depression Commercial

I saw a commercial that stated the symptoms of depression and realized that was what I had... and not wanting to take drugs I start with natural herbs and changes in diet and started walking which was really hard.

I could only go a few steps at a time until finally I could walk around the block...

Though this depression got less I still had OCD, and paronoia...

I prayed and felt I need to seek professional help, which I did... i have been under observation for 7 years and 3 months ago, after keeping a record or journel of my symptoms I was diagnoed with Bi-polar disorder.

However I have been on meds for seven years and they have been switched around until the right combo has given me a L....I....F....E....

7. Praise my Holy Heavenly Father, that has HELPED me along the way in so many areas... He helped me conguer my OCD, and I am not paranoid any more... I am as active as I can be at home and in my Church considering I don't drive YET...

The Lord has so blessed me in gaining compassion and understanding for those suffering around me that I didn't have before...

8. I used to be very judgmental concerning overweight people... Like so many thin or average people are today...

But since I got so big myself, I have learned a lesson... Fat people or should I say voluptuous humans need respect and recognition

Food is not always the reason people are obese...And even if it is, so what no one is perfect I have learned...

'Be kinder than necessary , for everyone you meet
    Is fighting some kind of Battle'

9. I have been bi-polar for years-took a lot of trys to get the right meds-oh.... can't say what-so-now I am pretty much manic-happy and not depressed,-Lots of therapy-now only every 16 weeks-I am a poster child for bi=polar disorder!!~!-Praise GOD -the docs and meds are right-now!!~!

:israel::israel::israel:

10. Me too! Some meds made my hair fail out, another made me severely constipated...

I feel I am on the right ones now and am happy.

However I may not be on the right dose...

There are episodes I get so sleepy I feel drunk, and am very dizzy and fall into bed, and go to sleep right away.

These episodes may last a week or so ....then for a few weeks or months I'm fine...

So I do need to talk to my Dx.

11. BTW I am so happy you have come out of the closet :israel::israel::israel::israel::israel:

That should be cause for a lot of HallelujahS...

HallelujahS

12. Wow-I'm not sleepy-don't sleep much-atall-that's weird- I know!!~!

:israel:

13. Well-I have this version to feeling groggy so-I won't take the meds that make me so-non-compliant-yes-!!!~!:D

14. What? I meant to say aversion!!~!

15. I Thought about keeping this to myself because of the stigma attached to mental illness...............:(

But then I thought, why :confused:

I see evil flaunting it ugly head everywhere I go in this city...

Nobody seems to be ashamed, of what they are in to....

Advertising it on bumper stickers, and auto stickers... Wearing their satanic jewerly, and T-shirts...

Why should we be ashamed of an illness we have no part in...

I am for awareness... I may get a t-shirt that says I'm Bi=polar,Bi-polar get over it... Who knows I might get a better seat on the bus.

He He He:D

16. Me too!!~!-My afliction has helped me be a stronge person!!~!

:israel::israel:

17. I feel I "have been thru the fire"-do you know what I mean?-I have more empathy for others and their problems-is a good result it has had.

18. Maybe I need to explain...
    I don't sleep but for a coouple of hours sometimes three then I am well again... It' just I am like that ( needing a long N...a...p ) for about a week or so...

When I am the opposite, I require about 5 to 6 hours sleep a night and I am fine...

However my DX told me it's most important for my mental health that I get at least 7 hours of sleep all the time...

He uped the dose of my sleeping pills but that didn't work...

Again>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Praise my Holy Father for He has walk with me along the way and I am soo grateful...

19. Yes, Yes, Yes.............

The Lord has grown me up in all of this:israel:
    In fact I'm almost to the point that I can say that being Bi-polar, has been more of a blessing than a curse, because of all the Lord has used it for my and others benefit...:D:eek::dance::bow::amen::jesus-sign::guitar::smile_anim: