Believing and Living it are enough.

I belong to another forum besides this one, and the avid thread posters dive so deep into all these sub topics that I feel they forget about the basics. Repent, declare Jesus your Savior, and live the way Jesus wants you to live. Those are my personal beliefs, and I get lost in all of those long winded philosophical discussions as though they're all Biblical Scholars. Is any of that really necessary? I've noticed it creates a lot of bickering because everyone has a different set of beliefs.

Thank you for your observations. CFS is unlike other forums that allow bad behavior. The logo that CFS is built around is "Friendly Christian Forums" and our vision is to provide a safe and friendly place for Christians to gather to fellowship and to share.

Glad that you are with us here at CFS. Take Care and God Bless.

`

I belong to another forum besides this one, and the avid thread posters dive so deep into all these sub topics that I feel they forget about the basics. Repent, declare Jesus your Savior, and live the way Jesus wants you to live. Those are my personal beliefs, and I get lost in all of those long winded philosophical discussions as though they're all Biblical Scholars. Is any of that really necessary? I've noticed it creates a lot of bickering because everyone has a different set of beliefs.

As a scholar, I too am a firm believer in the basics for the faith Christ exemplified and inspired to be written for us. You did indeed point out some very important elements such as repentance.

On the other hand, I will also point out that there are some out there who are anti-intellectual, which clearly is not at all representative of what the Lord subscribed. There are those who are deeply touched by the deeply theological discussions that others find of no value to them. I love both camps, but at the same time find it problematic when one criticizes the other, for in the scriptures we see the Lord saying these things:

Proverbs 1:22 "How long, you simple ones, will you love simplicity? For scorners delight in their scorning, And fools hate knowledge.

Acts 2:46 So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart,

2 Corinthians 1:12 For our boasting is this: the testimony of our conscience that we conducted ourselves in the world in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom but by the grace of God, and more abundantly toward you.

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

If we criticize, therefore, fleshly pride in knowledge and craftiness, then I'm all in favor of that, but the Lord gives to us simplicity and complexity. He is the Source for all wisdom and knowledge. We reason because He has made us reasonable people, and has even called us to reason with Him:

Isaiah 1:18 "Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD...

I love simplicity, and I love depth. I'm not saying that you shun depth, but simply am seeking to add balance to the OP that seemed to be lacking when I read it.

Personally, I wish more people would ask questions, especially of those things that I or others have written that is not understood. There's no shame of asking.

MM

Hello CapeCodder;

Online Christian websites are still young, 23 years but less than 25 years old. My experience is 19 years. I've also been very social with face to face Church fellowship since 1975 ( I was saved in 1966.) I got so lost in the conversations because they were subtopics that would lose me. So I was forced to spend more time listening and asking questions that exposed my Christian babe knowledge. I'm glad I did and was blessed that most of my elders were patient and explained to me the Bible and how we should apply applications of Christ's teaching daily.

Since the beginning of Christian websites, have made sitting behind a computer and keyboard more comfortable. It allows us to expand our thoughts, questions, knowledge and opinions of the Bible on the internet that we normally can't during a face to face conversation, because most are just not comfortable. The keyboard has made it easier.

Are these topics really necessary? Yes. We don't have cookie cutter standard conduct for anyone who expresses themselves regarding their faith. We allow everyone to express themselves, but there are forum rules in place that allow one to express their faith, comfortably, but with respect to those who read, comfortably.

This is why at Christian Forum Site we have a staff of men who have served (or still serve) in the Pastoral ministry and women who are either married to a Pastor or are seasoned in their walk with Christ. We rely on all sources to help us monitor and moderate a fellowship that is aligned with the forum rules, while welcoming a friendly, comfortable and acceptance of one another in a forum setting.

At the same time, our ministry is the people business and I confess the staff does get challenged. So what do we do, log off, not pray, and forget about it? No.

I speak to at least 5 or 6 Pastor mentors, weekly, the same men that have held me accountable for 23 years when pastoring my former church. I bring this mentorship and guidance into my position as a moderator. These men are not only Pastors but good friends and brothers in Christ.

My advice to you, CapeCodder, is to bless others in our many other forums by what you can share that may encourage them. There are many non-members and readers on the world wide public that read the posts so you may also bless them as well. Should you come across a thread that is subtopic, sub-contextual or philosophical discussion that you don't feel led to post, don't wing it, simply move on to the next thread. But we have to give those writers a chance too.

You can also pm one of our staff and request a topic to discuss and we will prayerfully respond by initiating a thread, or start a subject, just like you did with Believing and Living it are enough.

CapeCodder,
we're blessed by your membership here and I hope what I shared helps you.

God bless
you, brother, and your family.

Bob

Back