believe it or not, its true

I was sitting on my couch the other day looking up at the sky through our high windows, thinking about my communion message for next week when I thought of a particular scripture.
So I reached for my bible on the coffee table to look for it, I knew it was in exodus or Joshua.
Now I opened the bible and the page opened on the very page where the verse is, [un-creased, no marking paper, rarely read section].
I kid you not, the odds of that happening are like thousands to one.
this is the verse....
joshua 10:12............Sun, stand still over Gibeon,
and you, moon, over the Valley of Aijalon.”

13 So the sun stood still,
and the moon stopped,

till the nation avenged itself on its enemies,
as it is written in the Book of Jashar.
The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day.
14 There has never been a day like it before or since,
a day when the Lord listened to a human being.

Surely the Lord was fighting for Israel!

My communion message is basically this,
God makes a distinction between you and the world as he did with Job and joshua.
He hears your voice and orders events around you, not around the world,
you are his child because Jesus is His son. [
that's not the full message just part of it.].

Had the same thing happen o me when I was a kid sitting in on the big kids' youth group meeting. A young single man was also sitting in on the meeting and he was very troubled about how he was raised up w/o a father. The meeting broke up for a short break and me, not knowing any better and wanting to do something for him, went to the podium as everyone filed out and opened the big bible up there right to the verse "And I will be his father and he shall be My son".
That young man was very appreciative and felt the Lord spoke to him.
I know the Lord led me to that verse because there is no way I knew where to find that in that gigantic bible I could barely pick up. So. It happens. Thats those little things that make God so rel. I will never forget that experience.

So encouraged to read both of these posts... thank you.
Last night a family situation arose that I just didn't have
wisdom for. I cried out to the Lord, and in searching the
Word. Every scripture I read dealt directly with my
situation. I slept in peace... and today... my decisions are
still being confirmed and directed by God.

Back