1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Being un-discipled...

Discussion in 'Thoughts for Today' started by Loon Watchman, Jul 29, 2016.

1. An important part of Christian discipleship is the process of unlearning the things we learned when we were being discipled by the World.

loriT, Fish Catcher Jim and Cturtle says Amen and like this.
  2. Amen and truth be told God won't force the change on any one and far to many fail to see it is a life long process.

Brother I seek change and crave change and desire this change 24/7/365
    Blessing my brother blessings
    Loon Watchman likes this.
  3. Sometimes it is also the process of unlearning the traditions of men and doctrines of devils we learn in the church as well.
    Fish Catcher Jim likes this.
  4. Amen. I can testify to that. God had a lot of unteaching to do in me.
    loriT likes this.
  5. Me as well... And I'm thankful.

"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you." ~ John 16:13-14
    Fish Catcher Jim likes this.
  6. A part of detoxing from the world involves spiritual discipline. I recommend taking regular times to unplug from entertainment, electronica, internet, etc., and seeking God in a quiet place. (A good test of how addicted we are to TV and/or internet is to try going for a few days without them...)
    loriT and Fish Catcher Jim say Amen and like this.
  7. Amen!
    In our house the TV gets used a lot However it is by playing mp4 videos of the teaching God is working or dvds. OK so it sits on the weather channel but that's the safety zone.

Other then that it does not get used and that is a good thing.
    Loon Watchman likes this.