1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Being Blessed In Service

Discussion in 'Holy Spirit Baptism and Living' started by Man from Modesto, Jan 26, 2013.

1. There have been many times our Father blessed me while I was doing something to help others. How about you?

For a few years, I worked as a youth pastor. I did this without fiduciary compensation. However, I was blessed each week as I prayed for a message to deliver to the youth. I learned a lot about God in that time. I miss the weekly pressure of really having to seek God.

The story I want to share is this one:

Alex
    One week, I prayed for the message. I prayed at lunch and heard nothing. I prayed after work and the Holy Spirit told me to not prepare a message because one of the youth would be delivering the message that evening.

Well, I can tell you, it takes a little faith to show up to the youth group without something from the Lord!

However, I arrived and the youth assembled. I noticed one of the older youth standing near the entrance to the room, looking directly at me. "Do you have something to ask?" I asked him.

He told me the Holy Spirit gave him a word to "share" with the group and asked if he could do so. I said yes. For the next hour, I listened as he delivered a great message to the youth group.

It was one of the best moments as a youth pastor- to watch something I watered serve Jesus and feed the sheep! Awesome.

Do you have a story of being blessed while serving?