1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Being A Good Servant

Discussion in 'Marriage and Relationships' started by Bindi, May 2, 2014.

1. Hi everyone. Im new. And well I need some good christian advice. Im a mother of a three year old and im currently eight months pregnant with our second child. My husband and I have been married for four years on may 7th. Anyway. I try to be a good servant in my household but sometimes I feel im a little underappreciated. I work full time and so does my husband. I know when I get home my husband will be there and hes hungry. Since I plan the meals I guess its my job to cook. I truely dont mind all that but I ask that the first thing in the morning be "my alone time" where I dont have to do anything other than get me and my child ready for work. Its only about a half hour that im asking for. But my husband dosnt think I need this personal time. I feel disrespected cause hes always asking me to do things he is quite capable of doing himself. Today we got into a fight because I wouldnt make him breakfast. I got angry and told him that I dont feel respected and that all im asking is for my time to take care of myself and do my bible study before my three year old has to get up. When im angry I tend to stumble over words and they never come out they way I mean them. Lets say he stormed out of the house saying I got what I wanted and that hes leaveing me. Now I know he isnt serious, but it hurts my feeling that he says those things to me. All in all I cryed for over a hour and now I have a massive headache. Am I being selfish for wanting my own time in the morning? How can I help my husband see that im not a doormat? How can I help him to see that I do love him but I wasnt brought to him to be his maidservant.