Before the Fall, Did We Not Know What Was Good and Bad?

Indeed we have a clear indication that Adam was given a choice but no scriptural indication that he had to sin.
Honestly though if he had not messed up someone else would have.:eek::p

Absolutely Adam had a choice. But God knew Adam would choose to sin and God still placed that darn tree right smack dab in the middle of the garden!

That's predestination.

Ginger

nope that,s free will.they were not under sin they had free will.they would never had known only for the snake which is satan.he was jealous of humanity.:eek:

How was Adam created? Holy? Blameless? Righteous like GOD?

Genesis 2:9 -- And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

GOD made a tree that had two varieties of fruit on it: Good and Evil.

I wonder why HE created Evil...

If Adam and Eve ate from this tree and learned the knowledge of evil, did they also learn the knowledge of good or beforehand was all they knew the knowledge of Good?

One would think one would not know the difference between good and bad until one ate from the tree itself.

Was Adam innocent before the fall? Some people call this the Age of Innocence. Innocence means you do not know the difference between right and wrong, right? And didn't Jesus say you had to become like little children to enter the Kingdom? That is like becoming innocent again, right?

Adam knew no evil. He was created in Gods image, perfect like God. After he ate the bad fruit he became conscious, he didn't want to be naked and he covered himself. He was a sinner.

Absolutely Adam had a choice. But God knew Adam would choose to sin and God still placed that darn tree right smack dab in the middle of the garden!

That's predestination.

Ginger

My response to that is always God wanted to give us a choice to love him. That is why he planted the bad tree. He didn't want us to be robotic and love Him because He wants us to and have no personal choice.

That's predestination.

Ginger
We disagree then.:) God does not remove a tree so that we will to fall- the tree is there to provide the opportunity to choose- that is foreknowledge- If God commanded Adam to eat of it there would be no choice and that would be predestination. God gave Adm a choice and was prepared for any consequence but God id not force or determine to make Adam eat.

We disagree then.:) God does not remove a tree so that we will to fall- the tree is there to provide the opportunity to choose- that is foreknowledge- If God commanded Adam to eat of it there would be no choice and that would be predestination. God gave Adm a choice and was prepared for any consequence but God id not force or determine to make Adam eat.

That is not what I said at all - or at least not what I meant.

I did not say God commanded Adam to eat - that would be against God's nature.

God gave us freewill to choose. If there is no choice, how can there be freewill?

The tree was a choice Adam and Eve were given. They didn't have to eat. They made a choice.

God is blameless. He gave them freewill. God gave them only one commandment which should have made obedience easy. God warned them beforehand what would happen. It was their decision. They still ate.

Their fate was sealed because God knew they would disobey.

Ginger

when you have diffrent class systems in place,children who can,t be children because they need to get clever quick to succeed.children who are not given the same opportunities,propaganda to keep poor people entertained,litterally a slave system in the 21st century,language barriers that they use to promote higher class and slang in the lower classes that insult God,an education first and paramount about God,these are satans works through human beings.so people will not know they are bad in all classes through for a better word ignorance and slavery mentality.i live on an island ,we have guns knives drugs,etc.these are allowed in the country to "keep the workers" happy with a rubbish existence.may God help us all.:eek:

That is not what I said at all - or at least not what I meant.

I did not say God commanded Adam to eat - that would be against God's nature.

God gave us freewill to choose. If there is no choice, how can there be freewill?

The tree was a choice Adam and Eve were given. They didn't have to eat. They made a choice.

God is blameless. He gave them freewill. God gave them only one commandment which should have made obedience easy. God warned them beforehand what would happen. It was their decision. They still ate.

Their fate was sealed because God knew they would disobey.

Ginger
Ahh semantics- we can toss these words around all day and not agree-
Our fate is only sealed by our actions not by God's foreknowledge.

Before the fall, Adam and Eve knew good and evil from God's point of view. Therefore, they chose good. However, after the fall, their own selfish desires got in the way.
None of this is predestination. God gave Adam and Eve a choice, and they chose the fruit. God just knew what they would choose.

Back