Becoming A Hebrew...

I feel a pull towards the knowing the ways of the Apostles, and early converts that followed the Yeshua. Trying to understand Hebrew language and the culture in which G_d put in the old testament to follow. The new testament isn't a new law or way. It is still the old way. Yeshua followed and practiced it all and He was Jewish. So if we are to follow Him and be like Him then why don't we convert to His belief. Which is being grafted in the vine.

This goes totally against what I was taught to believe. I was taught, once saved always saved. Yet, I find myself being pulled this direction. Due to the fact that Yeshua himself said that: “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Heaven and Earth haven't passed away.

So what Yeshua is saying is the Torah; which means: "teaching", "doctrine", or "instruction" wasn't null and void. Why would that be put away with? It is a manual on how we should present ourselves, and what to eat and not to eat, and life lessons we can learn from the Kings, and prophets if we are in not doing the will of the Father YVWH. Being clean in all ways He has instructed.

This weekend I went to church that teaches the Torah, and uses the whole Bible from Genesis to Revelation. They believe in the Sabbath Day and observe it, and teach and observe all the feast and festivals. Also what to eat and not to eat which was explained by G_d. I was taught that all of that was a form of legalism, or all of that was done away with, and that the Law has been fulfilled when Yeshua died on the cross. So we can eat anything we want, and pretty much do anything we want as long as we ask forgiveness or pray over our food. Also I was taught that the Feast and Festivals were types and shadow of Yeshua, and we don't have to observe them.

I pray for the lost sheep, I was one and my eyes have been open, and now I have to start renewing my mind and convert and become a Hebrew. Hebrew means to cross over, or pass through. I want to do the will of the Father and be a faithful servant. To build the relationship with Him and get to know Him with his guided instructions.

Shalom...

The Ordinances of the law have been removed, the Law part is still in effect. On that law of Love hang all the law and the prophets.

The Ordinances where the keeping of feast, eating, sabbath and things we observe by flesh.

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
(Col 2:20-21)

Heb 9:10
Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.

The law contained in Ordinances was abolished, but we keep the law which is perfect through the Holy Spirit. If we walk after the Spirit we will not satisfy the lust of the flesh.

By breaking the law of Love, we break the whole law and can run smack into that curse. Something to avoid.

Now some goofy folks believe the Law does not apply, or has been done away with. Go commit you some adultery and some idol worship and Watch the curse from that law you thought was abolished come on you like a thief.

Blessings.

I feel a pull towards the knowing the ways of the Apostles, and early converts that followed the Yeshua. Trying to understand Hebrew language and the culture in which G_d put in the old testament to follow. The new testament isn't a new law or way. It is still the old way. Yeshua followed and practiced it all and He was Jewish. So if we are to follow Him and be like Him then why don't we convert to His belief. Which is being grafted in the vine.

This goes totally against what I was taught to believe. I was taught, once saved always saved. Yet, I find myself being pulled this direction. Due to the fact that Yeshua himself said that: “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Heaven and Earth haven't passed away.

So what Yeshua is saying is the Torah; which means: "teaching", "doctrine", or "instruction" wasn't null and void. Why would that be put away with? It is a manual on how we should present ourselves, and what to eat and not to eat, and life lessons we can learn from the Kings, and prophets if we are in not doing the will of the Father YVWH. Being clean in all ways He has instructed.

This weekend I went to church that teaches the Torah, and uses the whole Bible from Genesis to Revelation. They believe in the Sabbath Day and observe it, and teach and observe all the feast and festivals. Also what to eat and not to eat which was explained by G_d. I was taught that all of that was a form of legalism, or all of that was done away with, and that the Law has been fulfilled when Yeshua died on the cross. So we can eat anything we want, and pretty much do anything we want as long as we ask forgiveness or pray over our food. Also I was taught that the Feast and Festivals were types and shadow of Yeshua, and we don't have to observe them.

I pray for the lost sheep, I was one and my eyes have been open, and now I have to start renewing my mind and convert and become a Hebrew. Hebrew means to cross over, or pass through. I want to do the will of the Father and be a faithful servant. To build the relationship with Him and get to know Him with his guided instructions.

Shalom...

The Law cannot be kept, and if you try, you fall from grace. The Law was never intended to be accepted by the Jews, but in their arrogance, they did and 3000 died. From the Passover to that day, no one died though they sinned. They accepted the Law, broke the first commandment and 3000 died. Jesus came, preached the Good News and when the Holy Spirit was given 3000 were saved.

Galatians 3:3 (KJV)
Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Galatians 5:4 (KJV)
Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Romans 7:6 (KJV)
But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not [in] the oldness of the letter.

As to what you eat...

Acts 10:14-15 (KJV)
But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean. And the voice [spake] unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, [that] call not thou common.

Don't get embroiled in false teaching which leads to slavery and hypocrisy.

So either all the law was fulfilled or none of it? what we have is folks picking parts of the law and "breaking" the law. Christ was not confused when He said "every jot and tittle" and the New Testament points directly to the Ten Commandments as that which has passed with all the other commandments of the law for those who are in Christ.

Ro 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
7 ¶ What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

2Co 3:6 ¶ Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

Back