1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Be AFRAID! The "Polar Vortex" is coming!

Discussion in 'Environmental Issues' started by Brother_Mike_V, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Remember the 'Good ole days' when the weather(person) would say something like: 'it looks like winter will be arriving this week!'

Now we have this new PC (Politically Correct) nonsense driven agenda to keep the fear-mongering alive in all seasons. Last year it started to get real popular in the news-now it is a staple: "Polar Vortex!"

Can't we just be a little old fashioned and say 'winter weather' anymore?

Don't be deceived; live in peace:

John 14:
    27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

John 16:
    33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
    Great Fiction, Major and Ph8th says Amen and like this.

18 “If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you. 20 Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A slave is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will keep yours also. 21 But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know the One who sent Me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 He who hates Me hates My Father also. 24 If I had not done among them the works which no one else did, they would not have sin; but now they have both seen and hated Me and My Father as well. 25 But they have done this to fulfill the word that is written in their Law, ‘They hated Me without a cause.’

3. Amen brother!
  4. I was watching CNN when Anderson Cooper commented that "polar vortex" had become very popular in usage for about a year or so. Research was done and the term hails from 1853 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_vortex ) . It certainly sounds more dramatic, doesn't it. Last winter, where I live was terrible. I hope this doesn't mean this one will be worse. But winter is coming suits me just fine. :)
  5. No worries :)

But I thought it was going to hit Buffalo. Is it actually going to hit where you and I live?
  6. xspinningisfun likes this.
  7. Greetings;

Looks to me as God is voting down Chicago.

dUmPsTeR likes this.
  8. [ Thread has been moved to a more appropriate posting area. ]

Brother Mike - As a volunteer member of the Tropical Storm Research Center, I have all the tools available to me that NOAA and the NWS has. While we are still monitoring the Tropics for storm formation, this has been a quiet season, relatively speaking, for Tropical Storms and Hurricanes in the Atlantic Basin. We occasionally reconfigure our software tracking model computers to view US Continental storm potential (although we do NOT report on them publicly - that is not our task). We have seen NO appreciable changes in any weather patterns that can be considered out of the ordinary or unusual over the long term. However, some "elements of society" are all too eager to blame ANY weather phenomenon on man. This is done out of agenda and they use weather to make people worldwide afraid of things that they do not understand fully. The agenda mongers use many scare tactics so they can invent new taxes, new control measures and new ways to manipulate public opinion to gain power over the people and to further their activist agenda. These activists are the same ones that are represented by the political party that lost many races nationally one week ago. The people of this country are fed up with being controlled and manipulated by the lies and fabrications of these radical activists and the voices of 'We The People' were heard loudly from the voting booth.

As an example, when a certain broadcasting company took over control of a primary cable weather channel and changed from a weather reporting outlet to a weather agenda outlet, they became the unofficial voice of the activists. Look at any segment of that broadcasting company on TV and you will see a complete agenda of bias in place throughout their broadcasting.

From my standpoint, as a weather analyst who has access to weather data files, paleoclimatology and natural geological evidence, the agenda that the activists are trying to force upon the world has no merit and no LONG TERM basis in science.

Political correctness is just part of their overall operating procedure to dumb down citizens to their way of thinking and as time goes on, more and more citizens see this agenda for what it is and reject it in favor of logic and reasoning instead of lies and manipulation of facts. If a person is fed the same lies day after day, that person starts to accept the lies as truth and may become a supporter of the liars. Do not be taken in by the loud activist voice. Think for yourself and do your own research using NON biased research materials.

Remember what God said to Noah in Genesis 8:22 (NLT), "22 As long as the earth remains, there will be planting and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night.”

I'll take God's word over the word of any biased agenda activist liar any day.
    Brother_Mike_V and Ph8th say Amen and like this.
  9. We are standing now
    Amidst the illusion where
    Moral fabric appears torn
    In the confusion
    Right and wrong
    No longer exist
    All we can do is look on
    It is the illusion
    The world has won
    Christ is defeated
    God’s children
    Have retreated
    This is
    Just the illusion
    Reality is this world
    Was defeated when
    The Son of God was
    Hammered to that stake
    At Calvary
    There the price
    Was paid
    In full
    His Word
    Tells us
    Not to be misled
    By the word of man
    Victory is His
    We are to stand

10. You're young.....and still can feel your limbs when it gets cold.....:p
    xspinningisfun likes this.
  11. Remember if you are a white male Christian veteran who believes in the US constitution, special creation and are anti-global warming;

Then you are just ignorant and must have a really low IQ....

Oh wait that's me? :confused:
  12. Special creation? What is that? Why was the thread moved? I dunno how to get to it anymore....N/A. I go along with John MacArthur on the fact that God will maintain the planet as long as human life is on it. But I also believe we are brinking end times and extreme weather will be seen. Which channel is Pastor Gary speaking of? Where I live - last year was a terrible winter and this year, it looks to be as bad and starting even earlier. Polar Vortex or not. I'm not afraid but I would like to be warm without spending $600 a month (plus electric) to do so. It's hard to think about global warming where I live, in winter.
  13. peter

The thread was moved by the moderator ... I think they missed that it was about deception not so much about weather. He was speaking of the weather channel.

Here is the founder of the weather channel speaking on global warming

14. #15 Pastor Gary, Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
    We moved the thread because it was heading in a weather oriented direction, but even though it is in the Environmental Issues area, please feel free to post any applicable info.

Deception is rampant in certain social circles and we ALL must be vigilant so we are not taken in by this activist rubbish. They insist that it is WE who are destroying the earth. Then they say that only big government can 'save' us - and then their legistators tax businesses that TRY to create new jobs, but can't because of activist regulations to cure non existent problems that the activists create, from even more deception. Then they give the tax money to their followers who are too lazy to work for a living, in exchange for votes. Don't be deceived by the activist agenda. Use Christian discernment to filter out the truth from the lies.
    Ph8th likes this.