"Baby" Christian

Thank you. I hope you're well also. It's just been like everytime I take another step to draw closer to God, I get shoved 3 steps back. It's the battle going on in my mind. One day I'm confident in my relationship with Jesus and the next day I'm doubting He's on my side.

It's really tough, I know.

But you've come this far, which is a HUGE step forward in itself.

As CT said, it is a spiritual battle, and IT IS one you can win. Just try to approach it day to day and give yourself a big pat on the back for every single victory.

Here's me, giving you a big pat on the back for your amazing success so far:)

I also have Aspergers and Bible Study can be problematic for me because I take things literally and I take things out of their intended context.

Hi, I hope you don't mind me bothering you again, but for some reason I have been thinking about your post. I have a friend with Aspergers, and asked him for his opinion.

Have you thought about reading "The Bible for Dummies". I suggest this with no disrespect AT ALL. In fact, I've never even read it, but, I'll give you an example of one of the 'Dummies' guides I read.

Years ago, I bought a camera, and thought I would immediately become an ace photographer. But, there were so many buttons and programs (it was digital), that I finally figured out that I needed a simple guide (an idiots guide LOL). Luckily for me, someone had written a guide to my camera... a 'dummies guide'. So I bought it and read it, and then it didn't seem complicated or difficult at all. Then, after a while, with constant use of my camera, it all made sense and the operation of those buttons and programs became 'second nature' to me, and I didn't need it any more. I still have it on my bookshelf:)

Maybe a similar guide could be the same for you, or at least a good building block. A book that gets straight to the point with no messing about.

I don't have Aspergers, (I am a recovering addict, which made me say that we are alike) and I'm still learning everyday from the Bible.

I cannot imagine what it's like to be taught in an ambiguous language that you cannot totally grasp.

But (there's always a but with me LOL), rest assured that Jesus loves you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask as many questions as you want on this website. I've asked some pretty dumb questions, and people do respond and try to help you.

Blessings

Annie

Back