Auschwitz: God On Trial

Sure...I learned German when I was 40, while working in Bavaria.

Salzburg is very touristy, thanks to Mozart. We came there just to see his childhood home. My wife got to play his piano!

But the outer are is full of nice villages.

I know how to travel to Europe by ship, but it ain't cheap, and not a cruise ship.
Rusty, how do you travel by ship? That's info I would like to know as I too will not fly by airlines.

Just to give us something to think about.........

John 8:58
"Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”

Jesus was a Jew.

I have to disagree major; Jesus' bloodline was from the 'Hebrew' decent -but since He so adamantly rebuked the scribes/ lawyers, Pharisees, Sadducees and Priests-I doubt he was a "Jew". Although He IS the King of the Jews-He IS the King of ALL-Gentiles, Greeks, etc...

Jesus is of God-of ALL creation from the beginning; to steal your scripture: "...before Abraham was, I AM." There weren't any "Jews" before Moses. The first use of the term 'Jew' I find in the Bible is 2 Kings 16:6.

Before that they were "Hebrews", "Children of Israel" I guess you could argue that they are equal in some context-but Hebrew is the Bloodline, whereas "Jew" is a religious designation.

I guess you could argue that anyone that worshiped the One True God, the Living God, the Creator-before Christ came in the flesh was a "Jew".

In this context you could say Christ was a "Jew". But being God-are we boxing Christ's omnipresent ability in all the Earth by saying He was a 'Jew'....

I think I might be rambling now...

I think we forget our origin and that Christ came to break the tradition of the Jews-they were supposed to be the 'city on a hill' for the rest of the world. Had they done their job-Christ wouldn't have had to come hang on the cross. But since God-Jesus knew that they would fail-the plan was set from the beginning.

Deuteronomy 31:16 And the Lord said unto Moses, Behold, thou shalt sleep with thy fathers; and this people will rise up, and go a whoring after the gods of the strangers of the land, whither they go to be among them, and will forsake me, and break my covenant which I have made with them. 17 Then my anger shall be kindled against them in that day, and I will forsake them, and I will hide my face from them, and they shall be devoured, and many evils and troubles shall befall them; so that they will say in that day, Are not these evils come upon us, because our God is not among us? 18 And I will surely hide my face in that day for all the evils which they shall have wrought, in that they are turned unto other gods. 19 Now therefore write ye this song for you, and teach it the children of Israel: put it in their mouths, that this song may be a witness for me against the children of Israel. 20 For when I shall have brought them into the land which I sware unto their fathers, that floweth with milk and honey; and they shall have eaten and filled themselves, and waxen fat; then will they turn unto other gods, and serve them, and provoke me, and break my covenant. 21 And it shall come to pass, when many evils and troubles are befallen them, that this song shall testify against [3] them as a witness; for it shall not be forgotten out of the mouths of their seed: for I know their imagination which they go about, even now, before I have brought them into the land which I sware.

I think that making Christ a 'Jew' hinders the salvation of others in false religions. In my opinion...

So...no answers from any evangelical as to why God would allow over 1/2 the Jews in the world to be tortured and destroyed by Nazis? The silence is deafening.
It was for the curses of failing to abide by the covenant. Deuteronomy 29 and 30 is very explicit about the blessings and the curses. God had to act due to Israel breaking the covenant. Read those chapters and it will explain why.

Question: What is significant about the year 5708 and the 5708 verse in the bible?

Why would you want to testify about him being anything else then what he was. A Jew. Is the truth not more important then a popularity message?

Not sure what you mean by "popularity of the message"? Didn't Christ die for ALL to be saved? Every race, every religion? Are Jews exempt from salvation-not needing salvation? The message is about salvation-and it doesn't appear to be popular unless it appeals to elite members for some reason.

God-Christ is not a respecter of 'persons' correct?

Not sure what you mean by "popularity of the message"? Didn't Christ die for ALL to be saved? Every race, every religion? Are Jews exempt from salvation-not needing salvation? The message is about salvation-and it doesn't appear to be popular unless it appeals to elite members for some reason.

God-Christ is not a respecter of 'persons' correct?
You said, "I think that making Christ a 'Jew' hinders the salvation of others in false religions. In my opinion... "

There is no making him out to be, he was and why would that hinder the salvation message for others? Anti-semitism maybe? He was born and raised Jewish, taught in synagogues, died a Jew, only to be rejected by the majority of Jews. But he was intrinsically Jewish through and through. And of course he died for all and not for a specific race or ethnicity. Some people hate to hear this, that is why I am repeating it.

I would like to point out that years after the resurrection, the only person who got a really good look at the risen Christ (and described Him) was St. John. What St. John described does not fall into the characteristics of ANY RACE, and I believe that Jesus did that to make a point. The snow white hair, face like the sun, and skin like burnished bronze, aside from being awe inspiring, was I think was to imply that He was not of any race but God of all men regardless of race.

Yes, he lived His life in Judea, among Jews and as a Jew, but to insist that He is Jewish I think misses the point.

I know you will tell me what you think. Go ahead. I don't need to do your homework assignment.
The year 5708 in the Jewish calendar is the year 1948. The year Israel was reborn. the 5708 verse in the bible is Deuteronomy 30:5 The Lord your God will bring you into the land which your fathers possessed, and you shall possess it; and He will prosper you and multiply you more than your fathers.

Yeah..the whole 'numbers' thing can get rather silly fast. And anyone can interpret what they wish-the question is whether or not it is "Biblical". I don't recall ever needing or being taught that the Bible must be 'decoded' to have understanding.

If you want to understand the Bible-READ IT! Just getting people to READ the Bible is a trial enough-much less decrypting it for some hidden doctrine and secret coded messages from God-another elitist practice.

So...according to you system of numerology, Lepko, if we stay consistent with your method, the Jewish year 5768 corresponds to the 5768th Bible verse (if using which version of the Bible and which language? Hmmmm?) That would be the Gregorian calendar year of 2007~2008. The Bible verse there is:

How does that fit with your theory about the secular state of Israel?
Well it's a good thing God doesn't go by the Gregorian calendar. He goes by his. I'm not saying the years ahead will follow the corresponding verses after, but interesting nonetheless and realize the wonders in God's Word are endless.

Israel was promised the curses due to breaking the Sinai covenant that was conditional based on faithfulness to each other. We know we was faithless obviously and played the harlot. As a result they had to be banished and cursed for their disobedience. However, they had a safety net. And that safety net was and is the Abrahamic covenant. It is based on promises that Abraham's descendants could never break, even though they tried really, really hard.

If you look at the cutting of the covenant, it was God and God alone who walked through. Not Abraham. That means the promises were and are eternal no matter what anybody says. That includes the inheritance to the land.

An unconditional promise. No covenant required, a promise that could not be broken. Israel broke Mt. Sinai's covenant, that is how they were out of covenant and subjected to the curses of that covenant. However, the Abrahamic Covenant was sworn by God, and God himself that indicates the eternity of those promises.

Hebrews 6:13 "13 For when God made the promise to Abraham, since He could swear by no one greater, He swore by Himself,"

Genesis 13:14-15: "The LORD said to Abraham: Look about you, and from where you are, gaze to the north and south, east and west; all the land that you see I will give to you and your descendants forever."

This was absolutely unconditional and I am not gonna tell God that his people can't, or aren't entitled to that land.

That is why satan has been so zealous to kill off the Jews. In a remarkable twist of irony it was satan's doing to annihilate the Jews during the Holocaust that the promises of the rebirth of Israel occured. So in a way, the Abrahamic covenant is Israel's safety net that protected them even if they broke the Sinai covenant.

God was there...I kinda agree w/ glomung... thats what they chose to do with their free will but at the same time..God is in control as well... so they (those who toretured the jews) are getting what they deserve right now as we speak...that is if they didn't repent. But I think everything happens for a reason.. maybe this was allowed to show how evil and how bad sin really is and can get... and like glomung said..that won't be the last time.. in fact when the antichrist rises rises in the future..in our time.. it be even worse than that...

@ Ryan: Are we arguing that Christ wasn't "of the Jews"? No not at all-God Chose the people-Hebrews-the Hebrews in turn were the people of the promise of the covenant. The Hebrews in turn established Judaism after Moses received the Law from the Lord.

Christ was born into and of the Jewish culture and tradition in fulfillment of the scriptures. But Christ battled the 'Jewish' establishment-not the people.

No one is arguing that the blood of Christ does not flow through the 'chosen' people-the Hebrews. But also for your consideration: Adam>>>>>to>>>>>>Noah is the root of ALL people including the Hebrews and therefore Christ.

The 'Jews' rejected Christ and hung Him on a tree-thus providing Salvation to the world-fulfilling the scripture.

Christ is the fulfillment of the scripture for all people--'as it is written'.

So what's the argument again?

Umm but YOU , Lepko, used the Gregorian calendar to whip up 1948....that's very inconsistent since you faulted me for doing the same thing!

Well...You can think that all of God's promises to a faithless people who reject Him are unbreakable. That's your trip, Lepko. But I read that the word "IF" is conditional.

The reborn are God's people, Abraham's off spring and the land God promises them is the entire planet made new after His return.

You said:
Hmm...not even Jesus?
Wasn't meaning to be flippant Rusty. Just saying God doesn't recognize the Gregorian to tell time, he uses his own which he passed onto the Jewish people.

Please point me to the Covenants with Abraham that are "conditional" and "ifs" please.

Back