Atheist Richard Dawkins On Babies With Ds

Yes, as I just explained we see it as something that happens at the time of our baptism, but it's not usual to see most Catholics calling themselves Born Again Christians, or would you disagree? It's certainly not something I see where I live.

Sadly, it's not common to see Catholics actually living to the fullness of what they ought to be. Most Cradle Catholics don't even know what that term means. Though many Converts use the term.

Why not, it's clear as day what God has promised us in John 3:16.

We've had a discussion in the past in regards to the word "saved." From what I understand of River, he believes as you do in regards to the salvation of grace, but how the word "saved" is applies is where the disagreement comes from.

Sadly, it's not common to see Catholics actually living to the fullness of what they ought to be. Most Cradle Catholics don't even know what that term means. Though many Converts use the term.
Maybe it's a regional issue then. I hear "born again" and "saved" and I think Baptist, Pentecostal, Evangelical, etc. Which is not what I am or ever was.

You are in effect saying that Catholics, Lutherans, Episcopalians, Methodists and others are not Christians. That suggests to me that you are saying something far more shocking. During my entire Christian upbringing I was never taught to call myself Born Again, but to humbly strive to be born again.

I did not say such a thing at all my friend. I do not know for the life of me why you are intend on an argument over discussions and debates.

I never said or insinuated and neither did Brian by the way anything that you said. Even Lary said that he was born again. This has nothing to do with anything I said because I said NOTHING about anyone one. YOU said you were a Christian "But not of the saved variety".

Please, shall we stick to what was said by you. All I and Brian asked was ......"What does that mean".

It's not tense, it's a conditional statement.
So you believe in once saved, always saved? I'm not going to get into it any more than that because that's a topic we have been told to stay away from because it's been the cause of deleted threads and bannings. All I will say is I do NOT believe in OSAS.

Hey, Major. I think the discussion is a good one, but it's off topic. I can only recommend either starting a new thread or starting a private Conversation.

Yep. I had already hit the post reply key when I read HMS response. Actually, another thread would not last very long now would it?

Yep. I had already hit the post reply key when I read HMS response. Actually, another thread would not last very long now would it?

I think it could. The subject has a lot of juice. It's really a matter of staying on point and being respectful. I'd participate in a thread like that, that's for sure.

However, if it doesn't, then it doesn't.

I may start a separate thread regarding what we were discussing because I think it's interesting and valid. I certainly wasn't trying to offend anyone as much as show distinctions in Christian belief.

Back to Dawkins now.

I think it could. The subject has a lot of juice. It's really a matter of staying on point and being respectful. I'd participate in a thread like that, that's for sure.

However, if it doesn't, then it doesn't.

Honestly Larry, I do not think that the people involved can debate such a sensitive subject with out extreme anger and confrontation. It has a lot of potential or juice as you say, but it is kind of like nitro-glycerin. Shake it a little and stand back !

I think that YOU and I could discuss such a thing but I do believe you know what I am talking about.

Back