Ask and you shall receive

I been to Atheist forum before, most I met are people trying to be good....they believe as well to promote Peace, Joy, Love and Happiness, Faith in each other, although without believing in God....

I kind of figured that part but wanted to know how this was to fit into the reply or thread.
I ask because it reads kind of in different directions and I hate to guess what it was or the point you were making. It keeps me out of trouble by not guessing. lol

I guess what I'm trying to ask is....how do we live in "reality" but still keep our faith. If you understand what I mean. I'm not sure im asking this question in the correct way. :D It's a confusing thing for me.
We accept that forcing ourselves to have faith that the apple will not be eaten is not Christian faith. Working brains and no faith in others are not a sign of a lack or surplus of Christian faith / faith in God.

We need to discern the difference between faith in God, faith in others, faith in magic, faith in faith and anxiety, fear / expectations from a God given working brain.

Faith in God is always simply believing that no matter what happens all will be good in the end. God of the universe is in control because we are His child. Being 'in Christ' is all we are to focus on.

It was not a lack of fear for lions that caused Daniel to survive the lions den and it was not a surplus of fear of lions that caused the early Christians to die to lions.

We accept that forcing ourselves to have faith that the apple will not be eaten is not Christian faith. Working brains and no faith in others are not a sign of a lack or surplus of Christian faith / faith in God.

We need to discern the difference between faith in God, faith in others, faith in magic, faith in faith and anxiety, fear / expectations from a God given working brain.

Faith in God is always simply believing that no matter what happens all will be good in the end. God of the universe is in control because we are His child. Being 'in Christ' is all we are to focus on.

It was not a lack of fear for lions that caused Daniel to survive the lions den and it was not a surplus of fear of lions that caused the early Christians to die to lions.

Brother how do you see Faith as this ? Faith is faith but what is important is what you put your faith in. God and His word Yes this is good - Faith in His promises is required - You simply can not say all I have to do is believe in God and Jesus and all is done and what ever happens is His will.

We need to build our Faith in all Things of God and in all ways of God

I kind of figured that part but wanted to know how this was to fit into the reply or thread.
I ask because it reads kind of in different directions and I hate to guess what it was or the point you were making. It keeps me out of trouble by not guessing. lol

Am aware of stance of KingJ on this topic.... reading on other threads : )

I reply/ selected a line or two in his post: a common ground that we can all agree on..

that is all my my intention on my post: a common reason where we can all agree on: our common faith in Jesus Christ our Lord....

Am aware of stance of KingJ on this topic.... reading on other threads : )

I reply/ selected a line or two in his post: a common ground that we can all agree on..

that is all my my intention on my post: a common reason where we can all agree on: our common faith in Jesus Christ our Lord....

That makes more sense to me. Thank You.
Yes I agree we need faith in God and in Christ Jesus - However Faith does not stop there nor is simply having Faith in God or Jesus is the son of God enough to walk in this life as God desires and commands.

I do believe you agree to this but some think it is non-sense.
God Bless
Jim

Brother how do you see Faith as this ? 1. Faith is faith but what is important is what you put your faith in. God and His word Yes this is good - 2. Faith in His promises is required - 3. You simply can not say all I have to do is believe in God and Jesus and all is done and what ever happens is His will.

4. We need to build our Faith in all Things of God and in all ways of God
1. Yes, it is everything.
2. and here the train wreck starts...
eyes.gif

3. I am not saying that. If we ignore doctors we are tempting God and need to learn a lesson. If we are lazy we need to learn a lesson. If we are in sin, we need to learn a lesson. If we are rude and demand God do as we want / as He promised someone else or heck...even as He promised us...we need to learn a lesson.
4. Why keep adding to ''faith in God''. Christian faith is faith in God and faith in God is faith in God.

Last edited:
2. Faith in His promises is required
2. and here the train wreck starts..

KingJ, as I read threads, as I see it: you are certainly not a Calvinist : )
I think I remember long time ago in a thread about salvation: that man is somehow involved in the process of salvation: because man accepted the gift (an act on man's part)... something like that….

How is that not different from “Faith in His promises is required”…

How is that not different from “Faith in His promises is required”…

Well, because promises are extras. We should only need faith in Jesus / God, fullstop.

Let me give you an example of an adopted child vs a street child. An adopted kid is in your house and you can spoil and look after them as much as you want and in whatever manner that pleases you. They know this, you know this. All they need to be to receive all your blessings and have all their needs met is a child in your house (in Christ). A street child however cannot receive your full blessings or be looked after as you are. So, for them to get your help, your adopted child needs to tell them what you can do for them. Ie Give them promises. Your kid knows that if they bring a street child to you, you will feed, clothe and help them with medical needs if necessary. This now touches on faith too. The street child needs faith in your child to get you, the father to deliver. The kids faith is in you being good. Your kid tells him to not doubt. Because if he doubts he will not follow him to you. But if he has unwavering faith, he will come and he will receive whatever he needs and more.

Now we as Christians are not anywhere close to being street children so we do not need to be anywhere close to acting like one. We are living after the cross and fully grasp that God is good / God is our Father. We don't need to hold Him to promises. Ie we are not Jews. We must move on. Jews were His chosen people but never His adopted children. They needed promises like a helper needs a salary. If I pay my wife

Last edited:
Well, because promises are extras. We should only need faith in Jesus / God, fullstop.

Let me give you an example of an adopted child vs a street child. An adopted kid is in your house and you can spoil and look after them as much as you want and in whatever manner that pleases you. They know this, you know this. All they need to be to receive all your blessings and have all their needs met is a child in your house (in Christ). A street child however cannot receive your full blessings or be looked after as you are. So, for them to get your help, your adopted child needs to tell them what you can do for them. Ie Give them promises. Your kid knows that if they bring a street child to you, you will feed, clothe and help them with medical needs if necessary. This now touches on faith too. The street child needs faith in your child to get you, the father to deliver. The kids faith is in you being good. Your kid tells him to not doubt. Because if he doubts he will not follow him to you. But if he has unwavering faith, he will come and he will receive whatever he needs and more.

Now we as Christians are not anywhere close to being street children so we do not need to be anywhere close to acting like one. We are living after the cross and fully grasp that God is good / God is our Father. We don't need to hold Him to promises. Ie we are not Jews. We must move on. Jews were His chosen people but never His adopted children. They needed promises like a helper needs a salary. If I pay my wife

Interesting, …thanks for the reply…. I think I seem to understand your illustration…
an “adopted child” , “ a street child ” at the first part...... then Jews on the latter part, thus, if I may add to your illustration, the Jews are the “chosen child”…

I have no qualms on that as am thankful enough to be an “adopted child” : )

Thus, as I understand from the illustration: there is indeed "things of this world” privileges as well as of course spiritual blessing promised to the Jews…

Thus, we need to look on the bible verses if to whom the promises is addressed to….

Thus, we need to look on the bible verses if to whom the promises is addressed to….
Yes. The promise of Israel being a lanand also interrogate the specific promise we looking at. Many promises to our helpers / streetchildren become givens when we marry / adopt them.

You agree?

Juk my friend remember that there is carnal faith. Christian faith is faith in God...No matter what happens good or bad, we have faith.....in.....God (y).

Carnal faith is faith in faith / our positivity / our carnal ability to remove doubt / our carnal ability to be positive. Scriptures are taken from all over the show and fused together to say something that scripture never wanted to say. We just need to listen to some worldly positive teachers to see through this ''spiritual'' faith :sick::sick:;).

Go listen to ''Tony Robbins'' on youtube and then ask yourself how many Christians you know that sound just like him...
My pastor is just like that. I had been going to my dad's church recently, because I told my mom that I don't like her church. My dad's church speaks Haitian Creole, a language I don't understand. But today I went to my mom's church again, and I remember why I hated it so much. They barely preach the Bible at all.

These verses like "Ask and you shall receive" must be taken within the context of the entire message... The same man who proclaimed "Ask and you shall receive" ALSO said "Deny yourself. Take up your cross and follow me" and "He who does not hate his life is not worthy of me" AND "do not worry about what you will eat or drink..." and finally "Take this cup from me, but not my will but yours be done"

"Walking by sight" - aka doing the things which are most appealing or things you reason will produce the maximum benefit to yourself - is not a doctrine you want to cling to...

Back