Ask and you shall receive

You are hitten the nail right on the head - now lets right this up a little better - It is not that you need More Faith as it is you need to build your faith up stronger.

Remember these words - out of the abundance of the heart the mouth does flow - ok what flows from the the mouth ? - Your thoughts and the enemies thoughts and so forth OR THE WORD OF GOD -

Now Phoenix here is where the rubber meets the road - if you have a habit of allowing what others say dictate or control or motivate how you think or feel or re-act then it is so simple you would need help to not see this - More Word In Your Heart - Chew on the scriptures that pops out to you and go along with the things going on in your life.

The more God in your heart - the less and less others will effect you like this.
God Bless
Jim

Thanks! @Fish Catcher Jim
Yes...I understand what you are saying. That makes a lot of sense. So main thing is study the scripture and use that to guide your life is what you are saying. Study it so much that if you bump your toe you shout out a scripture:D

To praise God even in the worst of times. Carnal thinking is what drives this whole "my faith in God's healing will save me"

Notice the focus is not on God's power, but on MY desire of being healed.

Spiritual thinking makes us think "what can I do for God even though I'm miserable physically"

You can say no disrespect all you want, but you are still being disrespectful, It doesn't take a child to figure that out....

But It comes from Job, and the testimony of all the apostles who were tortured, slain and martyred. It comes from the real world. Not an idea that we will be healed from every disease.

Now, because if I don't say it someone will think I don't believe this..

God has complete power over everything, absolutely everything that has ever been. BUT It is not a lack of God's power to not heal someone (in the physical sense) But it can be our choice to live out the gospel even when times are hard. Thats one of the biggest themes of the Bible.
Klub you are not making any real sense at all. Put the gloves away and bring His word.
You are assuming way to much and speaking things that are not as if they were.
Please try again

Thanks! @Fish Catcher Jim
Yes...I understand what you are saying. That makes a lot of sense. So main thing is study the scripture and use that to guide your life is what you are saying. Study it so much that if you bump your toe you shout out a scripture:D

OMG that is it bigger then Life. I know this because it took me a long time to get past thinking every time some ones mood changed it was my fault. Years and years of that.
Give a shout girl - your on your way -

What things am I speaking of that did not happen?

Well ok - everything in the last post to me.
Your view on Faith is not running at 100 percent correct
Your view on standing on Gods word is not correct
Your view on Healing.
Claiming I am disrespectful simply because you dont like what I am saying.

The truth is I hold nothing against you -
I simply did not agree with how you see Gods word.
Blessings

Well ok - everything in the last post to me.
Your view on Faith is not running at 100 percent correct
Your view on standing on Gods word is not correct
Your view on Healing.
Claiming I am disrespectful simply because you dont like what I am saying.

The truth is I hold nothing against you -
I simply did not agree with how you see Gods word.
Blessings

I gave examples in scripture as to where and why I hold this as well as real life examples.
If you care to ignore the simple fact that thousands of Christians die slow and painful deaths every year, go ahead. But that is you choosing to be ignorant.

Juk - I will simply say this - you need to gain a deeper understanding of ALL of Gods word.
You need to know how the devil works -- how the devil gets a door into our lives - What God has already done that it is up to us to put forth or not.

God backs His word - However if we do not operate in this manner of His word then what can He back ?
12 And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord.
Job 1:12

:D
Its some challenge walking with the colored glasses on especially when everything is going against you.Ooooo...here is another question...like @Juk said..suppose God wants to give you a cold. Lets say someone stole your apple...you felt in your heart that the apple is yours so you pray and feel at peace knowing that the apple is coming back. But then,someone told you they noticed your apple in a vendors stall and it was about to be sold to someone. And that you are stupid to hold on to hope that hope that you'll get back the apple. Then someone else says....maybe the thief ate it. The apple is gone. Give up. Then someone comes and says...the apple was in a child's hand who was on their way to another country. How then do you hold on to the faith? How do you know then for sure that God wants you to have that apple? Suppose in all those people telling you stories about the apple..it was God saying....give up on the apple...I dont want you to eat that apple. How do you know for sure then...what you should pray and ask for? And if you should keep faith that you'll get it or not? I know with me.....I normally lose the faith once it seems bleak because then...i think...maybe God changed his mind...or maybe he didnt want that for me after all. How do I know its a test vs if I should just give up?:unsure::confused: What exactly should I focus on? Should I focus on trying to keep faith that the apple is coming back or just general faith that God will take care of me?

First of all God never wants a person to have a cold, or be sick. That is against His Character.

Second...if you prayed about having your apple and felt peace...then why are you listening to everyone elses opinions. In this case one has to go to the Word of God. Does God in His Word promise to feed you and take care of you? If so then He is not going to send someone or many people to tell you that He does not want you to have the apple. HE will tell you Himself and you wouldn't have had the peace in the first place. Nothing that the devil does brings peace if you are a believer and praying..seeking God for thr answer. There will be an inner struggle.

That is not in God's Character. Read the scripture that a house divided against itself will not stand. So if God sends sickness just so He can heal you....His kingdom cannot stand, because He is working against Himself.

Sickness is due to the fall, the curse of creation. While we are saved from the final punishment of sin, we can still be afflicted by it. Hence why we have sickness/disease etc...

Again, it is also not so God can heal you. Even atheist get better from sickness, it's not very powerful for somebody to see a christian be healed from a disease. But it is powerful to see a christian who has terminal cancer, sitting in their soon to be deathbed. With a smile on their face and a bible study on the table.

I gave examples in scripture as to where and why I hold this as well as real life examples.
If you care to ignore the simple fact that thousands of Christians die slow and painful deaths every year, go ahead. But that is you choosing to be ignorant.
Klub enough with the rudeness -
That does not make it Gods will. Please do not twist the things said. To claim Gods will is for some to die slow painful deaths or to be sick is false and goes against the very charactor of God. If this is what has you all up in arms then Brother I am sorry but it is the truth.

No one is foolish enough to ignore it, but if you are saying it is God's will, then you speak against the truth of who God is.

Sickness is due to the fall, the curse of creation. While we are saved from the final punishment of sin, we can still be afflicted by it. Hence why we have sickness/disease etc...

Again, it is also not so God can heal you. Even atheist get better from sickness, it's not very powerful for somebody to see a christian be healed from a disease. But it is powerful to see a christian who has terminal cancer, sitting in their soon to be deathbed. With a smile on their face and a bible study on the table.

It's not powerful for a Christian (or anyone) to be healed?

Come, now.

Klub enough with the rudeness -
That does not make it Gods will. Please do not twist the things said. To claim Gods will is for some to die slow painful deaths or to be sick is false and goes against the very charactor of God. If this is what has you all up in arms then Brother I am sorry but it is the truth.

It is God's desire for us to honor him in the hardest times, up until death.

If it is against the character of God to have us die slow deaths, why were so many martyred in terrible ways. Because so much more was achieved. With the physical death of 1, we consistently see more saved. It is not about the sufferings of this life, we are called to rejoice and honor God in them, no matter what the end factor of our bodies are.

Reactions: Juk
12 And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord.
Job 1:12

There you go Juk - This scripture shows what I am saying -
First the word behold - look around - pay attention
The God says is already in your power or reach - meaning Job had already opened the door or given satan the right to enter in.

How so ? Doubt - unbelief - fear .....look we can not just go around saying what ever we wish and do what ever we want and expect Gods promises to work. NO sir it has not ever been like this and it never will be. We have to speak words backing His words - when we speak words oposed to His word then He ( God) has no ground to work with.

Job was walking in thee Blessing of Thee Lord and satan called it a hedge of protection.
Then job becan to walk in worry which is the oposite of faith - Job walked in fear which is the oposite of faith and worry and fear makes doubt and doubt is oposite of trusting God.

This is how satan got to job and this is how satan gets to us.
Juk you and any one acan say this is wrong - it still does not change that this is how it works.

Look Joshua and caleb - they believed God - they said what God said - They took God at His word no matter what their human eyes or ears saw or heard - They went into the proomised land - now look at the other 3 million people - they spoke fear and doubt and murmered and complaned. They did not take God at His word - they wandered for 40 years and fell dead.

It is the same today for us.

It's not powerful for a Christian (or anyone) to be healed?

Come, now.

I'm speaking from a non believer's perspective who would be looking to a christian life. Us as christians know the power behind the healing, and we should rejoice in it!

Klub please take this with Love - you are not speaking in the truth of His word. You lack understanding of His ways and what Jesus did. Please stop trying to jump on others

Back