1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Ask An Atheist . . .

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Jredfox4111, Dec 20, 2013.

What do you think of atheists?

1. They're just people who think differently than me

2. They hate God

0 vote(s)
  3. They are immoral people who've been led astray

4. Everything they think is so they can live without responsibility

0 vote(s)
  5. They need to know more about the Bible before making descisions

6. They beleive nothing came from nothing

0 vote(s)
  7. They think my great-grandmother was a monkey

0 vote(s)
  8. They're the Devil's servants

0 vote(s)
  9. Nothing in particular is wrong with atheism, but it makes sin seem fun

0 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hi everybody, my name's James. I'm an atheist

I figured this would be a good way for Christians to learn about atheism and for me to 'reinforce' my 'beliefs.' If you have any question AT ALL regarding atheism (what I think, what I do, why I think, etc., etc.) than please ask and through this we can build a bridge to one another.

Thank you for your time. :)
  2. Dude, there are two well discussed recent threads debunking atheism and many more in recent hostory. Why not jump on them? I don't think you will find any wanting to repeat themselves. No offence but atheism discussion is a waste of time. Unless you are genuinely open to truth....that is.
    MichaelH likes this.
  3. Yup that is the point alright. If a person is not open to the truth, then there is no point in discussion.
    MichaelH likes this.
  4. Hey James, the only one that built the real bridge was Jesus. No discussion about not believing in God as most here did not believe in God enough to be saved at one time. We have been there and done that and were in your shoes, just as confused and without hope in this World. It would be best to listen to us, and get light.

Don't be like the guy that gets on the Harley Davidson site and tries to convince everyone that Honda makes much better bikes. There is no Wisdom in that.
  5. Now I'm almost as confused as you seem to be. From highly fruitless discussions with atheists in the past, I have come to accept their statements that they don't dis believe, they just don't believe.o_O:unsure::unsure:
    So.. now to your confusing statement....." I figured this would be a good way for Christians to learn about atheism and for me to 'reinforce' my 'beliefs.' " Hmmm well are you saying that your beliefs are on shaky foundations? I'll agree with you there. Atheism is a big bit like the person who built his house on the sand.....for the only viable foundation is Christ Jesus.

Jesus speaking....
    Mat 7:24 "Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock.
    Mat 7:25 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock.
    Mat 7:26 And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.
    Mat 7:27 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it."
    Our faith, our beliefs are founded on the solid rock which is a real living person who was slain in our place and is alive forevermore. what is your self confessed shaky foundation?
  6. The most recent one is here:

7. Whoa, whoa, whoa. I hope none of you think I'm on here to de-bunk Christianity. It says in the description that I'm on here for simple Q&A. It's something that's been going around the internet -- someone who lives differently that a group of people will open themselves up for questions and discussion so the group can learn more FROM THE SOURCE rather than second, third, or fifty-hand told stories about the group.

If you want to debate Christianity or Atheist, I'm fine with that . . . But it's not the reason I'm on here.

Have a great day, everyone.
  8. Those who are not gathering are scattering...
  9. James, the only Question that is important is how to get to know Jesus. The things of the Lord are foolish to carnal man, so any questions and things like that don't do you any good if you are eternally lost. It don't do us a bit of good to just answer questions that you won't understand the answer to.

It takes the Holy Spirit to understand the Word of God, that is scripture and that is what we believe in. We can talk about Jesus though, lots of excitement about making Jesus Lord. I don't have to worry about what the devil is doing in my life, I have hope in this World and if God is for me, then nothing can be against me. If you don't know the Lord, then your subject to whatever happens and only have your natural thinking to cope with what comes you way. It don't work out to well to not have God in this world.

10. Well, that explains the trend here then. I'll tell you what I've told others, you are welcome to come here and learn and discuss. It is only when you threaten to damage the beliefs of those who are weaker in their faith that we will have a problem. In the past, that's generally been the case. A lot of people come here to attack, not to understand. I don't know how many Christians you know, but for the most part, we all know several atheists. In fact, most of us are outnumbered in our own communities. There are a lot of beliefs out there, and we do welcome discussion. My recommendation to you, is don't just come to teach us about what you believe, but to learn about what we believe. You will find that for the most part, no two of us agree 100% on every issue. From my experience with other religions (and lack thereof), it is the same everywhere. It's just part of the human perspective trying to figure out what the truth is and how to make sense of the world around them.
  11. @ Banarenth

Thank you for your permission. I'm not here to do anything other than what I said I'm here to do.

I know a lot about Christianity, that's why I left it two years ago. And I don't expect us to agree 100%, you're absolutely right. I'm open to anything, like I've said two times before.

@ MichaelH

Thank you for your care and time. But why won't god answer the questions of carnal man?
  12. So why did you leave Christianity?
  13. Whoa there MichaelH
    It is of vital importance to Christians and non Christians alike to understand this truth:
    Act 2:36 Let all the house of Israel therefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified."
    Jesus has been (past tense) made both Lord and Christ. It is a done deal. This means that Jesus is Lord of the Christian, the Muslim the Buddhist, the Atheist, even the sparrow....the whole of God's creation in fact. Being Lord of all, every knee shall bow...every knee.
    Phil 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
    Phil 2:11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Rom 14:11 for it is written, "As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God."
    Rom 14:12 So then each of us will give an account of himself to God.
    We can not make Jesus Lord when that was the past work and sole prerogative of God alone. We can and should acknowledge Him as Lord and we can and should encourage others to do so as well.
  14. You really believe God is not trying to reach out to you? You really think God will come to us on 'our terms'?
  15. If you knew Jesus, you would have never left, so you must mean the study of Christianity, right?

What answers or what possible questions could be asked, knowing that your lost. It would seem fixing the lost part would be more important, then the questions.

I think a good question to start is How do I get to know Jesus.
  16. I would like to know: how do you react when someone comes up to you and asks about religion?
  17. No offense, but there's nothing to learn about atheism, being that it is a lack of something, not anything in and of itself.
    If you had ever actually been a Christian we would not be having this discussion.
    Nobody can travel to China and years later say that China does not exist.
    The same with Christianity, nobody can know Christ and years later say that He does not exist.
  18. The devil's native tongue is lying. He tells a Christian a couple of lies and bang they lose their Christianity...that is a joke right.

Their faith was then as deep as the toddlers pool. Even God would have said to them 'depart from me I do not know you'. So I guess in that sense it is better for them to acknowledge they are not a Christian.