1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Artificial Sweeteners May Disrupt Body’s Blood Sugar Controls

Discussion in 'News and Articles' started by Abdicate, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Interesting. Thanks.

Would like to know what type of probiotics would help.
  2. Any sugar that has been stripped of its fiber can harm your health. When you eat stuff with added sugars that have no fiber the fructose molecule cannot attach to insulin. So it goes to your liver and the liver makes fat and bad cholesterol. America is fat because of sugar, not fat. And heart disease is the #1 killer in America because of sugar. Take a look at all your food items, it's in everything!
    gtindia, agua and Where is the Messiah says Amen and like this.
  3. It'd be nice to know, eh? :)
  4. I've heard Splenda is pretty bad. I haven't done any research on it, but a friend of mine said it was made from a seed that they used to make poisonous gas that was used in warfare.

I've never really used sugar substitutes, but I used to put a lot of sugar in my coffee. Over the years I've turned away from using sugar in my coffee. I rarely use salt or pepper any more. Salt raises my blood pressure, and pepper upsets my stomach.

It takes a while, but getting used to the way food taste naturally can be done.
    Cturtle likes this.
  5. Splenda is a sugar molecule with a chlorine atom substituted. It fools the taste buds, but isn't metabolized.

That's where the poisonous gas claim came from. The chlorine is bound and will not be released as a gas.
  6. Brings new meaning to having bad gas! :X3:
    Where is the Messiah likes this.
  7. :D

I hate it when these types of rumors get going.

Common table salt (Sodium Chloride) is composed of that same poisonous gas (Chlorine) and a metal (Sodium) that reacts violently when placed in water.
  8. I remember years ago I heard something about artificial sweetner increases the chance of liver or kidney failure or something like that.

anyway, I don't understand why anyone still use those artificial stuff? when stevia is just as good, but all natural.
  9. Actually they now say that salt is okay, it is really sugar that raises blood pressure.
    With reference to the above link of the original post...
    ". This suggests that any effects of artificial sweeteners are not universal. It also suggests probiotics — medicines consisting of live bacteria — could be used to shift gut bacteria to a population that reversed the glucose intolerance."
    I think probiotics are of ultra importance in my diet,
    from what I read your whole immune system is controlled by everything going on in your intestines, don't drink softdrinks or anything
    likely to kill off your good intestinal bacteria.
    I like to top up on probiotics especially before flu season.
    About sugar, I get pimples if have more than so much sugar a day in raw form, true and i'm over 50.
  10. they sure do. i use them myself. It is Metagenics' top seller. They sell 6 million capsules a month to Korea alone! We bought 2 more encapsulation machines just to keep up with the demand. Ultraflora puts the good bacteria back in your gut for healthy digestion and immune support.
  11. Good to know. Thanks.
  12. Just my two cents......broccoli, branflakes, raisons, spinach, apples, brown rice. prayer.

I tried to eat a cereal that had the probiotics and it was not good for my body. I think that raw, and as natural as possible is the ticket, and not loaded down with fat or sugar.

Blessings to you all :)
    Abdicate likes this.
  13. re SPLENDA® (sucralose):
    James Bowen, M.D., A physician, biochemist, and survivor of aspartame poisoning warns about yet another synthetic sweetener, Splenda.

The chemical sucralose, marketed as "Splenda", has replaced aspartame as the #1 artificial sweetener in foods and beverages. Aspartame has been forced out by increasing public awareness that it is both a neurotoxin and an underlying cause of chronic illness worldwide. Dr. James Bowen, Researcher and biochemist, reports:

"Splenda/sucralose is simply chlorinated sugar; a chlorocarbon. Common chlorocarbons include carbon tetrachloride, trichlorethelene and methylene chloride, all deadly. Chlorine is nature's Doberman attack dog, a highly excitable, ferocious atomic element employed as a biocide in bleach, disinfectants, insecticide, WWI poison gas and hydrochloric acid.

"Sucralose is a molecule of sugar chemically manipulated to surrender three hydroxyl groups (hydrogen + oxygen) and replace them with three chlorine atoms. Natural sugar is a hydrocarbon built around 12 carbon atoms. When turned into Splenda it becomes a chlorocarbon, in the family of Chlorodane, Lindane and DDT.

"It is logical to ask why table salt, which also contains chlorine, is safe while Splenda/sucralose is toxic? Because salt isn't a chlorocarbon. When molecular chemistry binds sodium to chlorine to make salt, carbon isn't included. Sucralose and salt are as different as oil and water.

"Unlike sodium chloride, chlorocarbons are never nutritionally compatible with our metabolic processes and are wholly incompatible with normal human metabolic functioning. When chlorine is chemically reacted into carbon-structured organic compounds to make chlorocarbons, the carbon and chlorine atoms bind to each other by mutually sharing electrons in their outer shells. This arrangement adversely affects human metabolism because our mitochondrial and cellular enzyme systems are designed to completely utilize organic molecules containing carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, and other compatible nutritional elements.

"By this process chlorocarbons such as sucralose deliver chlorine directly into our cells through normal metabolization. This makes them effective insecticides and preservatives. Preservatives must kill anything alive to prevent bacterial decomposition."

Dr. Bowen believes ingested chlorocarbon damage continues with the formation of other toxins: "Any chlorocarbons not directly excreted from the body intact can cause immense damage to the processes of human metabolism and, eventually, our internal organs. The liver is a detoxification organ which deals with ingested poisons. Chlorocarbons damage the hepatocytes, the liver's metabolic cells, and destroy them.

In test animals, Splenda produced swollen livers, as do all chlorocarbon poisons, and also calcified the kidneys of test animals in toxicity studies. The brain and nervous system are highly subject to metabolic toxicities and solvency damages by these chemicals. Their high solvency attacks the human nervous system and many other body systems including genetics and the immune function. Thus, chlorocarbon poisoning can cause cancer, birth defects, and immune system destruction. These are well known effects of Dioxin and PCBs which are known deadly chlorocarbons."

Dr. Bowen continues: "Just like aspartame, which achieved marketplace approval by the Food and Drug Administration when animal studies clearly demonstrated its toxicity, sucralose also failed in clinical trials with animals. Aspartame created brain tumors in rats. Sucralose has been found to shrink thymus glands (the biological seat of immunity) and produce liver inflammation in rats and mice.

"In the coming months we can expect to see a river of media hype expounding the virtues of Splenda/sucralose. We should not be fooled again into accepting the safety of a toxic chemical on the blessing of the FDA and saturation advertising. In terms of potential long-term human toxicity we should regard sucralose with its chemical cousin DDT, the insecticide now outlawed because of its horrendous long term toxicities at even minute trace levels in human, avian, and mammalian tissues.

"Synthetic chemical sweeteners are generally unsafe for human consumption. This toxin was given the chemical name "sucralose" which is a play on the technical name of natural sugar, sucrose. One is not the other. One is food, the other is toxic; don't be deceived."

Dr. Bowen also calls attention to another seldom recognized and deadly permanent effect of these chemicals: "Aspartame, sold as NutraSweet, Equal, E951, Canderel, Benevia and under other names, is a hypersensitization agent which causes Polychemical Sensitivity syndrome. Chlorocarbons strongly induce uncurable hypersensitivity diseases which are now becoming rampant." (James Bowen, M.D.)

Doctor Bowen has spent 20 years researching artificial sweeteners after his use of aspartame resulted in being diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease. Dr Bowen's intention is to warn the world of the toxicity of tabletop poisons like aspartame, Splenda and Neotame.
    Cturtle likes this.
  14. My favorite sugar is organic evaporated cane sugar from florida. Awesome post!
  15. Luckily I can't stand the taste of artificial sweeteners; I like the proper stuff. ;)
    JG27_chili likes this.
  16. I sojourned at the Hawaiian islands for 35 years. Some of my relatives are on the east coast of USA. Every few years we would hold a family reunion get-together. None of them wanted to spend the money to come to Hawaii for any reunions, so we’d always meet somewhere in the mainland USA, which meant I was always the one who had to take a long ocean flight to get there.

One year, I got to the reunion a day early, and met my older sister there. So we spent the day chatting and waiting for the following day’s arrival of the rest of the kin. My sister was an RN (registered nurse), and had been on disability for the past 8 months at the time for seizures.

She confided in me that she thought her husband (my brother-in-law) was trying to kill her! I was, of course, in shock. So we went down the list of possible reasons: insurance money, mistress, etc, etc., but there was no motive to be found. I asked her why she believed he was trying to kill her. She said that every time she took a drink from her cup, she would feel nauseous and go into a semi-conscious state. She even took to snapping on a sippy-cup lid, you know, like the drink cover you put on a baby’s cup so it won’t spill if it tips over. This also happened, she said, when they were seated together at the table having dinner. She would leave momentarily to go to the bathroom or whatever, come back in a couple minutes, take a drink, and the same symptoms would come over her. She was convinced he was slipping something into her drink at every opportunity.

They lived at the water’s edge and had a dock from which they paddled out to set lobster traps. She would set her soda down on the dock and then go out to check the traps. When she returned a few minutes later and took a sip, she would experience the same symptoms again. One time, she even called the police (without telling her husband, of course), and the police came and took her half-full soda can with them. She checked back with the police later but the police never followed up on her report.

Then the Lord instantly rang in to my spirit with the truth: she was suffering from aspartame poisoning. I had just spent two weeks researching (I do a lot of research) specifically the aspartame issue, just prior to departing for the reunion!

To cut to the chase, I told her what the cause of her malady was. I went to the city library and downloaded the best package I had on aspartame poisoning, how it is caused, and how to detox from it. She was incredulous. She was in denial. She drank about one case of Diet Pepsi per week. She had even brought a case of it to the reunion in the trunk of her car. Of course the word got out about our chat and everyone thought I was nuts. A year later, she was dead, diagnosed with “atypical multiple sclerosis.” They call it “atypical” whenever the symptoms do not fit their neat profiles.