Artificial Children?

It is no more evil than a cesarean section or any other medical advancement.
I would tend to distinguish between a caesarean section and actually growing a child outside of the womb. The former is a life-saving procedure when there are complications, the latter is really an attempt to replace the whole natural process of carrying a child in the womb, and thus an attack on the family unit. I think what we have to ask when we look at the progress of technology and science is not only whether or not the thing is good or bad in itself, but what it will lead to? I'm sure there's a scripture for it which would it would be better to reference, but I tend to think of Pandora's Box. What will come out of it? Mankind in general never asks these questions as they rush forward in the name of 'progress', but the believer ought to test these things.

I would tend to distinguish between a caesarean section and actually growing a child outside of the womb. The former is a life-saving procedure when there are complications, the latter is really an attempt to replace the whole natural process of carrying a child in the womb, and thus an attack on the family unit. I think what we have to ask when we look at the progress of technology and science is not only whether or not the thing is good or bad in itself, but what it will lead to? I'm sure there's a scripture for it which would it would be better to reference, but I tend to think of Pandora's Box. What will come out of it? Mankind in general never asks these questions as they rush forward in the name of 'progress', but the believer ought to test these things.

So it's ok to replace "some" natural processes but only to a point?

That doesn't even make sense. Saying it is ok to do it a little bit but not too much is nonsensical.

You should either embrace the advances in medical science or reject them all together.

Who gets to draw the line here and where should the line be? There are a lot of opinions but what are the facts?

So it's ok to replace "some" natural processes but only to a point?

That doesn't even make sense. Saying it is ok to do it a little bit but not too much is nonsensical.

You should either embrace the advances in medical science or reject them all together.

Who gets to draw the line here and where should the line be? There are a lot of opinions but what are the facts?

Disease, infection, breaking of bones, the degenerative frailties of old age - these are all natural processes, wouldn't you say? Natural, though they came into the world on account of sin. I would include the difficulties of childbirth with that. Genesis 3:16 shows us that the pain and travail of childbirth also came into the world on account of sin. What I'm trying to say by that is that we cure diseases and infections, we set bones to help them to heal, we provide medication, help and support to the elderly. It's a response to these afflictions, healing or palliation - a caesarean section is the same. It's a procedure which is in response to a life-threatening complication. I should point out, I don't agree at all with the increasing phenomenon of women having sections as a matter of course, simply to avoid the pains of childbirth. (Easy for me to say, as a man, I know!). However, in contrast to that, growing children outside of the womb from the very beginning could never be described as healing or treating a medical condition. It's simply a way of determinedly, from the outset, bypassing part of the natural course of the reproductive cycle. The line, in my view, and the border of what is acceptable lies where mankind moves away from treating diseases, curing afflictions, and repairing broken bodies, and begins to take a hand in the preliminary stages of the generation of life itself. I don't know what the consequences of this science will be, if it ever comes to fruition. All that I do know is that it's treading on morally problematic ground.

I just don't get the immoral aspect of it. It isn't a sin and I don't think Jesus would push the child away.

So I've been seeing news stories here and there regarding an eventual move from natural childbirth to artificial childbirth as seen HERE. A question to ponder; if children are born artificially, are they really born of 'water' and do you think they can be saved? Maybe (hopefully) it won't even get that far before the second coming. Thoughts?
Here is my thought...
When you start talking to an adult or a child, are you going to ask them how they were born or are you just going to talk with them?
... or...
Is your sharing of the gospel going to be preceeded by a questionare about their medical history?

If the answer is no, then I suggest it is, in practical effect, a moot point.

We are to treat treat others with the same love that Jesus showed and shows us, and leave it to Him to decide who is or is not beyond the point of salvation.

We are to treat treat others with the same love that Jesus showed and shows us, and leave it to Him to decide who is or is not beyond the point of salvation.

What a wonderful point! We know the world is going to get worse and that many are invited to the Bridegroom's wedding but few are chosen to stay. As you pointed out, we are not the judges of who stays and who goes, nor are we to judge or determine who gets invited; we are to hand out the invitations to anyone and everyone and explain the good news in regards to those invitations.

There is a third option, accepting medical advances that line up with the Word of God. For example, one may not embrace medical advances for use in abortions, while they would embrace advances in cancer treatment.

There is a third option, accepting medical advances that line up with the Word of God. For example, one may not embrace medical advances for use in abortions, while they would embrace advances in cancer treatment.

True but we aren't talking about taking life in this thread but rather a new method of bringing life in this world.

Basically, if the medical advancements give a positive effect to health or life then we should consider them.

So I've been seeing news stories here and there regarding an eventual move from natural childbirth to artificial childbirth as seen HERE. A question to ponder; if children are born artificially, are they really born of 'water' and do you think they can be saved? Maybe (hopefully) it won't even get that far before the second coming. Thoughts?

What with the abomination of same sex marriage considered to be some sort of victory, with people shouting in glee and declaring their pride in the nation, I believe that the world is now plunged into a deeper darkness than ever seen before, and the Lord is poised to rise from His throne and to step over the edge of heaven to come claim His Bride. This "artificial" gestation of babies is merely a pipe dream of pipe smokers. Jesus will put an end to this kind of "progress" (truly, it is a complete dissipation) with His shout, "Come up here!"

You need to be careful about taking these kind of articles too seriously. They contain lots of fudge words like "could, maybe, might, etc". The fact of the matter is the technology the speak of is in it's infancy (pun intended) and may run into problems they cannot resolve. Either way it would be EXPENSIVE, terribly so. Why pay a fortune to do what peasants do for free every day?

BTW the saying is "fools go blindly where angels fear to tread".
Lol..i was in the ballpark.

What with the abomination of same sex marriage considered to be some sort of victory, with people shouting in glee and declaring their pride in the nation, I believe that the world is now plunged into a deeper darkness than ever seen before, and the Lord is poised to rise from His throne and to step over the edge of heaven to come claim His Bride. This "artificial" gestation of babies is merely a pipe dream of pipe smokers. Jesus will put an end to this kind of "progress" (truly, it is a complete dissipation) with His shout, "Come up here!"

What makes you think that Jesus would care in the slightest bit about artificial gestation?

If he hasn't come back with everything that's happened in the past 2 thousand years I don't think that this is going to be the final straw.

Indeed. The 'what ifs' can drive one crazy. It's scary too, what people are trying to propose to do in the future with certain things. Just makes one wonder.
Some of the modernist stuff is just amusing. Case in point, the transhumanists want to be able to upload their minds to a supercomputer to be able to "achieve immortality". Only 2 problems with this, a copy of thought patterns residing on a hard drive is not a being, and the very human person in the flesh and blood body still dies. Oops.

Some of the modernist stuff is just amusing. Case in point, the transhumanists want to be able to upload their minds to a supercomputer to be able to "achieve immortality". Only 2 problems with this, a copy of thought patterns residing on a hard drive is not a being, and the very human person in the flesh and blood body still dies. Oops.

Wasn't this a movie with Johnny Depp?

What makes you think that Jesus would care in the slightest bit about artificial gestation?

If he hasn't come back with everything that's happened in the past 2 thousand years I don't think that this is going to be the final straw.

He cares very much that He alone is Creator, over man's will saying , "I WILL DO IT MYSELF!"

What with the events of today's Supreme Court decision, and the lauding and glamorizing of Bruce Jenner's self-mutilation, with the media falling all over themselves to push his new show, as if it had some deep merit, and now this prospect of procreation, it all points to godlessness and rebellion to a very high degree, indeed...completely shadowing Sodom and Gomorrah.

Last edited:
He cares very much that He alone is Creator, over man's will saying , "I WILL DO IT MYSELF!"

What with the events of today's Supreme Court decision, and the lauding and glamorizing of Bruce Jenner's self-mutilation, with the media falling all over themselves to push his new show, as if it had some deep merit, and now this prospect of procreation, it all points to godlessness and rebellion to a very high degree, indeed...completely shadowing Sodom and Gomorrah.
But what does that have to do with artificial gestation?

But what does that have to do with artificial gestation?

It has to do with man's determination to do things his own way, and to take the glory for it all. Doesn't the tower of Babel ring a bell?

Last edited:
Back