Army Briefing Labels Evangelical Christians As A Terror Threat

Lysander, if it‘s not God who will be the ruler in Heaven, who will instead rule?

For me, that’s mind-stopping. I have heard absurd claims before (most of them within mainstream), but this one I think it’s the most nonsensical ever.

Lysander, if it‘s not God who will be the ruler in Heaven, who will instead rule?

For me, that’s mind-stopping. I have heard absurd claims before (most of them within mainstream), but this one I think it’s the most nonsensical ever.

You'll find no disagreement from me there. Heaven is God's kingdom. We will always be his servants, and it'll especially be clear in heaven.

Lysander, I reviewed what she said previously:

Since we will be perfect beings, there will be no need for any laws, rules, regulations, or oversight. We will just "be" in our perfect state.

and a terrible thought hit me: could it be that she mixes Christianity with some form of Buddhism?

So who are going to be the police in Heaven? Judges? Will there be juries? What will the punishment be for going against the theocratic laws?

So who are going to be the police in Heaven? Judges? Will there be juries? What will the punishment be for going against the theocratic laws?

That's an interesting question, maybe best answered by another question: will there be sin in heaven? If not, can we say that there will be free will? If not, would there be any need for "laws" at all?

Last edited:
They will be no sin. We will be cured of the sin nature. Everyone who insists on being able to sin will be in Hell
(for the very reason that they insist on sinning).

Look at it this way, here on Earth we all cough because we have a disease. In Heaven we will be cured of the disease and therefore we will never cough.

Lysander, I reviewed what she said previously:

and a terrible thought hit me: could it be that she mixes Christianity with some form of Buddhism?

Not quite. What I'm about to say I have no doubt you will disagree with me as it is a big part of Catholic doctrine...but going by Church teaching, we do believe that nothing imperfect can be in God's presence in heaven (Revelation 21:27), so one must be perfect to be in His presence.

How that is to happen is another thing that is disputed amongst different Christians. Some believe entering into Heaven is the purification stage, while others (namely Catholics) believe in purgatory (which was referred to as Abraham's bosom in Luke 16:19-31).

So of course this doesn't mean you have to die perfect to be in heaven -- no one is perfect, but to be in God's presence, one must be perfected.

I will grant you that this isn't what all Christians believe -- believe it to be valid and important doctrine and some view it as heresy. However, the point is I don't think it is mixing Christianity and Buddhism in thinking that those who enter into heaven are purified.

Back