Are you sure /feel you're going to heaven?

1 John 4:17 (KJV)
Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

What are we then according to this passage? For the obedient, we are as Jesus is, now, today, here on earth. 3-9-2015! :D

Believe it or not, but I loathe doing any kind of Bible study on the computer and prefer my pen and paper books and Bible.

So I do not use my computer to read/study the Bible.
I completely agree with you. I am somewhat 'old fashioned', I like physical books and other materials moreover digital instruments.
I do have a Bible application on my phone for emergencies.

Don't matter to me none. Whatever it takes to grow in the Lord. (y)

My point is that we do not need to learn Hebrew in order to learn about God and Jesus and all that He wants us to learn. He uses our native tongues and alphabet to accomplish all that.

Why are we more earthly bound conscience than we are spiritually minded to where there is no time or distance in God's Heavenly Kingdom where Jesus is sitting on the right hand of God with us in him? Even Jesus in his humanity here on earth said that not only was he here doing the work of his Father, but at the same time he was still with his Father in Heaven in him.

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Not only are we his Church here on earth doing his will but also at the same time we are sitting in Heavenly places in Him.

I completely agree with you. I am somewhat 'old fashioned', I like physical books and other materials moreover digital instruments.
I do have a Bible application on my phone for emergencies.

I just received the ESV Lutheran Study Bible and Apocrypha Lutheran Edition with notes also ESV. Since I am becoming Lutheran I would like to learn more about what Lutherans believe and why.

1 John 4:17 (KJV)
Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

What are we then according to this passage? For the obedient, we are as Jesus is, now, today, here on earth. 3-9-2015! :D

If we are, "because as he is, so are we in this world." then we have to ask our self's, "How is Jesus now"? Well, he is living inside us here on earth, and at the same time he is sitting on the right hand of God in Heaven with us in him. We are in him, and he is in us, all at the same time.

If we are, "because as he is, so are we in this world." then we have to ask our self's, "How is Jesus now"? Well, he is living inside us here on earth, and at the same time he is sitting on the right hand of God in Heaven with us in him. We are in him, and he is in us, all at the same time.
That's what the scriptures say, Eph 2:6. (y)

My point is that we do not need to learn Hebrew in order to learn about God and Jesus and all that He wants us to learn. He uses our native tongues and alphabet to accomplish all that.
True, but how would you know if you're not missing something if you don't understand the culture, Mal 4:6.

True, but how would you know if you're not missing something if you don't understand the culture, Mal 4:6.

Yes...we are admonished to study the scriptures:

2 Timothy 2:15
Work hard so you can present yourself to God and receive his approval. Be a good worker, one who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly explains the word of truth.

I think this also includes looking into the original languages of the scriptures, Greek, Hebrew and some Aramaic wherever possible to gain a more true and accurate meaning of the thoughts God is meaning to convey.

Even when I do right, like go to church,pray..ect... I still am not sure at times..
One can have hope for salvation because their desire is to submit to and serve the Lord Jesus.
As to 100% surety. NO - otherwise a believer would become slack and complacent.
That edge of doubt keeps us on our knees.

Yes...we are admonished to study the scriptures:

2 Timothy 2:15
Work hard so you can present yourself to God and receive his approval. Be a good worker, one who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly explains the word of truth.

I think this also includes looking into the original languages of the scriptures, Greek, Hebrew and some Aramaic wherever possible to gain a more true and accurate meaning of the thoughts God is meaning to convey.

All I see is others making it far more difficult than it needs to be.

One can have hope for salvation because their desire is to submit to and serve the Lord Jesus.
As to 100% surety. NO - otherwise a believer would become slack and complacent.
That edge of doubt keeps us on our knees.

By our living faith in Jesus Christ we have no cause for any doubt whatsoever.

Romans 10:9-10
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Some people like to erect fences and stiles for others to have to climb over, but studying the word seriously frees us of those things.

Not when you have to try and learn another culture's alphabet and language, let alone three when you add in Aramaic and Koine Greek.

Sorry, but that is making it far more difficult than it needs to be. One can study the word seriously without having to learn other languages.

Not when you have to try and learn another culture's alphabet and language, let alone three when you add in Aramaic and Koine Greek.

Sorry, but that is making it far more difficult than it needs to be. One can study the word seriously without having to learn other languages.

It's fun when you have the desire to do something like that.

It's fun when you have the desire to do something like that.

Sorry, for me it's not fun in the least. I cannot even learn Spanish or Italian and my wife's family is Spanish and my grandparents were Italian. Second languages do not come at all to me.

Besides, I have no time for anything like that.

Sorry, for me it's not fun in the least. I cannot even learn Spanish or Italian and my wife's family is Spanish and my grandparents were Italian. Second languages do not come at all to me.

Besides, I have no time for anything like that.

I'm just saying that for those who desire to do so, a study of the root languages of scripture can be fun.

I'm just saying that for those who desire to do so, a study of the root languages of scripture can be fun.

Okay. I guess there needs to also be a distinction between desire or lack there of and someone who is simply unable to learn a second language.

Okay. I guess there needs to also be a distinction between desire or lack there of and someone who is simply unable to learn a second language.
That is very true.
There is also no occasion for stratification between those who can easily be multi lingual and those who aren't. One is no better than the other.
It is the same with music, My right hand index finger is a very gifted pianist, while my other nine digits look on in uncomprehending awe.;)
But they are all part of the same body.(y)

Back