Are We Close To The Second Coming?

LOL--- All I saw was a discussion about end times theology. There is always disagreement there. There was no anger or hate. And I did not see any Christians at war with other Christians. :) There are "gray areas" in theology--and much of that is in the area of eschatology. Lighten up. Christians can disagree with other Christians--that is perfectly fine. We are all individuals. I'm sure most of us agree with the major tenets of the Christian faith---the Trinity, Jesus is God, He was born of a Virgin. No disagreement there. But when it comes to Pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib there will always be disagreement. I think discussion is good. God bless.

LOL--- All I saw was a discussion about end times theology. There is always disagreement there. There was no anger or hate. And I did not see any Christians at war with other Christians. :) There are "gray areas" in theology--and much of that is in the area of eschatology. Lighten up. Christians can disagree with other Christians--that is perfectly fine. We are all individuals. I'm sure most of us agree with the major tenets of the Christian faith---the Trinity, Jesus is God, He was born of a Virgin. No disagreement there. But when it comes to Pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib there will always be disagreement. I think discussion is good. God bless.

I have no problem with disagreements among Christians, either. Hopefully all you will see is civilized debate here, Fish.

Fish...........

Romans 14:5
"One man esteemeth one day above another, another esteemeth everyday alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind".

We are all at differant levels of learning and comprehension.

When it comes to the End Times/Escotology, the fact is no one know for sure.

The only thing that will prove who is right is what has always been the thing to do so.
When speaking of the prophetic Word of God, it has been and will be TIME that tells the story.

We all think we have a grasp on things, but only TIME will tell.

Listen.........If Scofield, and Ironside, and Gill, Mchenery, could have had enough TIME to see May 14, 1948, how do you think that one event would have changed their commentaries and preaching ability????

DRS said........

"It is we humans that have a selfish pride problem and created elite status labels for ourselves...even the word 'Christian' is a human label created for those who follow Christ. A 'Jew' that begins to follow Christ would become a 'Christian'. BUT they usually won't wear that title. Why? Because 'the Children of God' are and will always be 'the Children of God' if you understand that we are ALL children of God from Adam. Some will be cleansed and some will be cast into outer darkness"

DRS......correct me if I am wrong, but are you agreeing with the Universal Brotherhood of Man here??? I am just asking, not implying.

The teaching of the Bible, if so, would contend that all people are “children of God” in creation only and never in the redemptive sense. The scriptures repeatedly contradict this notion.

Notice, for example, that even though the Jewish nation had been chosen by the Lord as a people for his own possession in Deuteronomy 7:6, nonetheless, Jehovah warned that if they rebelliously drifted from his law, he would disinherit them in . Numbers 14:12. Eventually the Lord would say to the arrogant, idol-worshipping northern kingdom of Israel, “you are not my people, and I will not be your God” as seen in Hosea 1:9.

We are only "children of God" by the act of being Born Again. It is not enough to be merely an “offspring” of God by creation, nor is there ultimate validity in being just a potential believer. Rather it takes submitting to the will of God, to be a child of God in the redemptive sense.

Major Posts: We are only "children of God" by the act of being Born Again. It is not enough to be merely an “offspring” of God by creation, nor is there ultimate validity in being just a potential believer. Rather it takes submitting to the will of God, to be a child of God in the redemptive sense.

I have a problem with your words - offspring are not children? The inherent legacy of all mankind is to be returned to God and it is left to each indivdual's free will to accept the legacy or reject it. By the time of the Second Coming, there will be no "belief" only "knowing" the difference between what we choose and don't. Would a loving God have it any other way? I suspect, from now to the time of the Mark of the Beast , there will still be unsurety on some people's part - about the "right way" to love God. About whether there is a God or not. But by that mark, we will know?

Back