Are We Any Better Than The Pharisees?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calvin, I'm blessed with only my sideburns being grey, however my virile manly chest has descended to my waist line making it hard to keep my pants up. :)

Gene

Calvin, one more thing, pm me if you think it's a thread hijack, but what is that thing in your avatar, I'm seeing it everywhere.

Calvin, I'm blessed with only my sideburns being grey, however my virile manly chest has descended to my waist line making it hard to keep my pants up. :)

Gene

Calvin, one more thing, pm me if you think it's a thread hijack, but what is that thing in your avatar, I'm seeing it everywhere.

THE MARK OF THE BEAST!!! lol

It is a 3D UPC-Universal Product Code and can be scanned with your iPhone or similar device....

I guess the way I would define a 'grey area' in God's Word would be: something God did not address completely.

Well then, if God did not address it completely:

The secret things belong unto the Lord our God... De 29:29

Then we don't need to try and figure it out, n'est pas?

And if "teachers" are not receiving teaching from the Holy Spirit then they are not teachers.

Gene

Gene

Yes it is a QRCode. It reads "Post by Calvin".
Would you like one of your own?

If those Jesus denounced who used His name, worked miracles, etc. were not partially His, what were they?
I am still not sure what you are talking about?? You said if. That means you don't know and you are being speculative on something that is pointless. You are assuming that people who use the name of Jesus can work miracles and therefore are partially His (still not sure what that means). Does that mean that they are going to be partially in the Kingdom of God as well? Partially damned to the lake of fire?

Do were dare shrug His Kingdom requirements off because it's for later?

Later??? We are members of the Kingdom of God today, in training for our positions when He/we return to reign with Him for 1000 years.

Sorry if my response was ambiguous, we are "keeping" the principles of the Sermon on the Mount when we let the Holy Spirit guide and direct our lives, it's what Paul calls "walking in the spirit" (His will be done), verses "walking in the flesh" (my will is being done).

Gene

No offense meant, but what would I do with it?

Gene
No offence taken.
You might like to print this one out and use it as a bumper sticker.
gene.pngCopyright free by the way.
The appeal here is that people being 'curious cat' types will scan it to see what it says.

Well Forklifts have a sort of bumper and I'm sure there must be more than one touristy type place with windows or......well there must be plenty of scope for creativity over there.

Creativity is frowned on, everyone must do the same thing all of the time, you wouldn't believe how closed minded theses people are, and forget telling a joke, it goes way over their heads, different culture completely, ...they're descendents of Ham and are under the curse even to today.

Yeah Rusty, I would like to know where the pics were taken, I've been around Tahiti and the sister isle Moorea many times and never seen that sign.

Thanks for thinkin' of me,

Gene

Yup, first pic, I've driven that road many times, even been in the surf there, notice the black sand beach, Tahiti doesn't have any white sand beaches, white sand beaches are found on the outer islands, second pic is the main Protestant temple in downtown Papeete, I live on the hill about 6 inches to the right side of the photo, ...small world, huh?

Gene

Yup, first pic, I've driven that road many times, even been in the surf there, notice the black sand beach, Tahiti doesn't have any white sand beaches, white sand beaches are found on the outer islands, second pic is the main Protestant temple in downtown Papeete, I live on the hill about 6 inches to the right side of the photo, ...small world, huh?

Gene

Hi there; you got real scenery there! a bit like being a Banff resident in Canada, really...

Pointless? My! Why would Jesus even talk of those people if it was "pointless"?

Who are these people who use His name, work miracles, cast out devils and prophesy and petition Him? Buddhists?

Can you actually say that those who work miracles (Jesus' words, not mine), call Him "Lord" etc. are in no way affiliated with Him?
Maybe what you are trying to say would make more sense to me when you explain to me what it means to partially accept Jesus. From my understanding of some of the things that Jesus said was one is either with Him or against Him. Is this thing you call partially accepting Jesus kind of like being lukewarm?:)

And here I thought bar codes were the mark.

Thanks,

Gene

For 'conspiracy theory' pleasure:

From the 'International Business Times'; website
Motorola Working on Digital Tattoos, Password Pill

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/4735...igital-tattoos-password-pill.htm#.UayWtJy-1NV

By Vittorio Hernandez | June 1, 2013 11:31 PM EST

Besides releasing in October 2013 the Moto X smartphone, Motorola Mobility's first handset since it was acquired by Google, the company is working on new methods that would make remembering passwords unnecessary.

Motorola Advanced Technology and Projects Group Chief Regina Dugan disclosed over the weekend at the D11 conference that the tech firm is working on electronic tattoo or implantable chips that would make the human body the tool for identification.

"Authentication is irritating. So irritating that only about half the people do it even though there's a lot of information about you on your smart phone," said Ms Dugan, who was a former Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency head.

Motorola is working with mc10, a relatively unknown tech firm, to develop the flexible tattoo technology or epidermal electronics which is made up of various sensors and gages to track multiple directions, electrical impulses in the skeletal structure or nerves, heart activity, temperature and light.

It is similar to NFC chips that are powered from an external electricity source via the embedded wireless power coil placed inside a sheet of water-soluble plastic that is laminated to the skin and could be disguised as a regular temporary tattoo pattern.
Other possible uses of the electronic tattoo, besides as a method of opening a computer or other accounts that require a password, it could also track muscle movements around speech and brain signal.

Aside from the electronic tattoo, Motorola is experimenting with a password pill that a person swallows. The person would then transmit a signal to devices outside the body powered by stomach acids.
It has a switch that turns on and off and generates an 18-bit signal similar to an electrocardiogram. The authentication could be activated by touch since the human body conducts electricity.
The pill already has FDA approval registered by the company Proteus Digital Health for medical applications such as recording when medicine is ingested.
That device, however, would not hit tech store shelves in the near future yet, Motorola said.

Maybe what you are trying to say would make more sense to me when you explain to me what it means to partially accept Jesus. From my understanding of some of the things that Jesus said was one is either with Him or against Him. Is this thing you call partially accepting Jesus kind of like being lukewarm?:)
Grappler, given:
Mat 7:23 And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.'
The past tense expression 'never knew you' would certainly negate any question of any association, partial or full on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back