Are Piercings Allowed?

Are piercings allowed in Christianity?

• Yes.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No.

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
IXOYE said "so what .. she has questions .. because we love we help others .. what kind of car do you own and how did you decide which to buy ???
just because we are not of the world, does not mean we are not in it "..

I don't own a car anymore..Used to own three of them- a lot changed when I was truly born again. Its almost like you are not heading any of the end times warnings that were given. You guys better wake up...

TC

So when you're born again, do you brush your teeth? Comb and style your hair? Wear nice clothes? Wear any jewelry? Wear deodorant, cologne, or perfume?

What you're posting makes it sound as if once we're born again, we all become nuns and monks.
Funny you said that because I forsook all of those things. I wear the plainest of clothes with no logos, no jewelry, cut my hair short enough that it cant be styled and brush my teeth only as a necessity to keep me away from dentists.

Before I was converted, I wore all of the latest fashions, drove new cars, styled my hair, kept my teeth white for the ladies, had rings watches and chains... I didn't not change those things to earn Salvation, I walk in the spirit now and don't need to fulfill the lusts of the flesh. Those things are vanity and a waste of money. The carnal mind is enmity with God...

TC

maybe a camel hair cloak .. LOL

TC .. in the Covenant of Faith all things not explicitly enumerated as a sin then fall under the liberty granted us through the Covenant .. so what is sin to one may not be to another, as their conscience either defends or condemns them .. this is what ALL were trying to tell her in words she could understand ..
Jam 4:17
Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin.
Again, you are talking carnal nature...Think in the Spiritual nature man. Those things are the least of my concerns...I give them very little thought. I am more concerned that my lamp is lit and burning bright.. that I am in the faith and doing the will of God.
I am not here to 'have my best life now'. The things of the flesh are of very little significance. I am able to obey the word of God because of Spiritual strength now, not because of the commandments on the page. 'The letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life'.

Take care
TC

IXOYE said "so what .. she has questions .. because we love we help others .. what kind of car do you own and how did you decide which to buy ???
just because we are not of the world, does not mean we are not in it "..

I don't own a car anymore..Used to own three of them- a lot changed when I was truly born again. Its almost like you are not heading any of the end times warnings that were given. You guys better wake up...

TC
why so judgmental ???
you may own more then me ..
you see what I am saying, you have no idea ..

Funny...I don't remember Christ saying we had to stink, be celibate, and look like bums to be saved.
I never said He did. I don't stink( that is what showers are for) and I don't live like a bum either( though some might think I do- that is their worldly perspective. God has taught me contentment. Every man should have his own wife so as not to commit fornication. Nowhere did I suggest remaining celibate...

TC

I've seen this sort of thing before with people who were addicted to drugs or sex, converted to a religion, and switched to being "addicted" to that religion. They merely switched what they were obsessively addicted to.

The fundamental personality trait remains, but just becomes focused on another target.

Again, you are talking carnal nature...Think in the Spiritual nature man.

TC .. in the Covenant of Faith all things not explicitly enumerated as a sin then fall under the liberty granted us through the Covenant .. so what is sin to one may not be to another, as their conscience either defends or condemns them .. this is what ALL were trying to tell her in words she could understand ..
Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin.

that is carnal ???

Those things are the least of my concerns...I give them very little thought. I am more concerned that my lamp is lit and burning bright.. that I am in the faith and doing the will of God.

and so am I ..

I am not here to 'have my best life now'.

neither am I ..

The things of the flesh are of very little significance.

exactly ..

I am able to obey the word of God because of Spiritual strength now, not because of the commandments on the page.

same here ..

why so judgmental ???
you may own more then me ..
you see what I am saying, you have no idea ..
I have been assuming that you live in the United States...Am I wrong? Even the poorest Americans are in the top 6% wealthiest in the world...Do you realize that? The American perspective on mammon is so far away from scripture. Perhaps you live in the Philippines and make a $1.50 day... I don't know. You brought up cars not me so I simply responded to what you asked me.

TC

IXOYE QUOTE:

that is carnal ???

Those things are the least of my concerns...I give them very little thought. I am more concerned that my lamp is lit and burning bright.. that I am in the faith and doing the will of God.

and so am I ..

I am not here to 'have my best life now'.

neither am I ..

The things of the flesh are of very little significance.

exactly ..

I am able to obey the word of God because of Spiritual strength now, not because of the commandments on the page.

same here ..

Cool, it sounds like we are on the same page
TC

It always fascinates me to see people say things like, "I am not here to 'have my best life now'". If this life is so pointless, I always wonder why they think God bothered to give us the gift of life in the first place. :confused:

I've seen this sort of thing before with people who were addicted to drugs or sex, converted to a religion, and switched to being "addicted" to that religion. They merely switched what they were obsessively addicted to.

The fundamental personality trait remains, but just becomes focused on another target.
Insinuating something...? Look- what is portrayed as 'Christianity' today in America is at best lukewarm, worse- complete ungodliness and worship of the devil. This place and its people are being warned by God and yet they will not listen. I am simply asking you to look at scripture and decide if you are really born again. If you are great, but many who think they are will find out the hard way that they were not. Test yourselves...

TC

It always fascinates me to see people say things like, "I am not here to 'have my best life now'". If this life is so pointless, I always wonder why they think God bothered to give us the gift of life in the first place. :confused:
We are in a harvest...We are supposed to overcome this world and prepare for life with God forever. Here is temporary- a blip on the radar...We are to be labourers in the harvest. Yet people cling to this life and all of its amenities as though it is all they have. and they are right... The children of this world only have this life. Then they have eternal death because they loved their lives in this world...

TC

sure we are .. I am far from materialistic ..
I was telling her ..
OBEY GOD
DON'T BE VAIN
DON'T PROMOTE FLESH
I think you forgot why I interjected in the first place...You guys are discussing the things pertaining to the flesh. I said think on spiritual things...Is not getting a tattoo an act of the flesh? Do you suppose the couple hundred dollars could be used better to glorify God rather than pleasing a fleshy desire?

TC

I think you forgot why I interjected in the first place...You guys are discussing the things pertaining to the flesh. I said think on spiritual things...Is not getting a tattoo an act of the flesh? Do you suppose the couple hundred dollars could be used better to glorify God rather than pleasing a fleshy desire?

TC
Even if it is only a $25.00 tattoo, it is still fulfilling the desires of the flesh. The dollar amount has little to do with it.

no one said this life was pointless ..
we have two choices ..
live our lives for self ..
live our lives for God ..

I live my life for God so I seek to serve Him ..
If I live I bear more fruit for Him ..
If I die I go to be with Him ..
so much like Paul, either one works for me ..

You said yourself that 'Peter was the 'vicar'. The Popes are called 'Vicars' The word vicar means replacement or substitute.

It should not be taken as meaning the Pope can be worshiped or regarded to on equal levels as Christ or as Christ himself. Rather, he is a representative, and his role is mediated by the Holy Spirit. Consider John 20:21-24 which says "So Jesus said to them again, 'Peace be with you; as the Father has sent Me, I also send you.' And when He had said this, He breathed on them and said to them, 'Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, their sins have been forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they have been retained.'" Christ sent out his disciples out as His agents, but of course providing them the gift of the Holy Spirit as a necessary mediator for their mission.

Peter never was a bishop or Pope of Rome nor did he 'pass on' any keys to another Pope. Religion is of the Devil.

Speaking on Peter as the first pope, Matthew 16:18 is where this is instituted. When Christ called him 'Petros,' this word literally means "rock." The argument against this is that Christ followed it with "and on this PETRA, I will build my Church..." so people consider the word "Petros" as meaning pebble, but this isn't true. Aramaic was a gendered language, and 'Petra' is a feminine word. So when Christ called him "Petros," it was the same word, but in masculine form as Peter was, well, a man, not a woman.

False and empty religion is certainly something to be rejected, bu fulfilled religion is a privilege. In Matthew 5:17, Jesus expressed that He didn't come to abolish the law, but the fulfill it. Religion is man's response to God -- there is no point to it if one doesn't have a personal relationship with Him.

Christ in a persons heart, causing them to live their life according to His will is what makes a Christian.

Absolutely -- one must repent and live according to His Word in order to be a Christian. Protestants who obey Him, love Him, and fulfill His will are my brothers and sisters. YOU are my brother as I have no doubt you do these things.

Many are going to say Lord Lord...Deny Catholicism and just say you are a Christian. Why glorify a religion when you can glorify God? I am not going to debate Catholicism here.. I am simply saying I will not listen to the doctrines of Catholicism or even acknowledge them to be truth. That said, back to your discussion about 'tattoos' and other acts of the flesh..

TC

Why deny Catholicism when I believe this is objectively the true Church? I spent years denying it and later spent years researching it (with the intention to prove it wrong). You're assuming that Catholics are glorifying a religion and bypassing God. This would be vanity, and that is not by any means Catholicism proper.

I understand that you are not hear to debate Catholicism, and I didn't come here to do that either, but when I hear attacks, misconceptions, and arguments against the faith, I have a responsibility to stand up and defend it.

I am not slandering nor attacking Protestantism. I may disagree with the doctrine, but I will never disagree that they too have a heart for Christ. We have more in common than we differ, and for those things we share, there is reason to celebrate. Christ is alive, merciful, and loves us. This is something that cannot be denied.

Funny you said that because I forsook all of those things. I wear the plainest of clothes with no logos, no jewelry, cut my hair short enough that it cant be styled and brush my teeth only as a necessity to keep me away from dentists.

Before I was converted, I wore all of the latest fashions, drove new cars, styled my hair, kept my teeth white for the ladies, had rings watches and chains... I didn't not change those things to earn Salvation, I walk in the spirit now and don't need to fulfill the lusts of the flesh. Those things are vanity and a waste of money. The carnal mind is enmity with God...

TC

Didn't Christ ask us not to be like this? When we are fasting, we are supposed to look good so that we are not "showing off" what we are going for Christ. There is nothing we can give back to our Lord by forsaking these worldly things. We should not go behind materialistic blessings. The only way we can glorify God is to thank Him from bottom of our heart that everything we have is from Him. Even the smallest of things we posses.

Back