1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Are My Children Dabbling With The Occult?

Discussion in 'Family and Parenting' started by Mary-Elizabeth Thompson, Oct 27, 2013.

1. #1 Mary-Elizabeth Thompson, Oct 27, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
    I am concerned for my teen age daughter. I keep finding the computer left on late at night on this creepy looking website. http://www.theworldofnod.com

My daughter likes to use the computer in the family room to do the internet. I dont use it much because of the threat of predators and hackers, there's so much evil in the world these days! Satan has his grip on the children.

is it this some kind of voodoo or witchcraft?

what should I do?
  2. You could always cancel the internet service...

filter the website out so it can't be accessed from your home....

don't let your daughter use the PC unsupervised.

I work in IT and I can tell you that as someone very close to the same age range as you; we have become accustomed to having and depending on technology. Remember the days when things still had 'wires' attached to them and weren't hiding in your pocket?

Things done in the dark and in secret tend to be on the path of wickedness. Please don't confuse this with 'praying in your closet'.

Technologies like MP3 players, tablets, cell phones, laptops, etc.. are tech gateways to the world for impressionable teens (and adults). Quite frankly, it tends to be a wedge driving us further away from our dependency on God and making us believe we 'need' them to survive-'things made with hands'.

As the mom-you are the 'manager of the household'; So how do you want to manage your household? 'Spare the rod spoil the child'; let them have all their toys to play with worldliness and the will most definitely gravitate towards them. Sin IS pleasurable...for a season.

Do you continue to allow this behavior-or 'nip it in the bud'?
  3. It is most definitely a cult website. Before taking action, i would talk to your daughter first.
  4. Pray together at night, before going to sleep.
    .:Shine:. likes this.
  5. I checked the site:

It seems they see Christianity simply just another religion: that they have so called “comparative religion” and mentions Science.
    I did not click the “Alchemy” icon…. As am afraid getting virus, it is false Science : )

Anyway, kids today are into Science, Logic.
    Be on guard: Science and Logic have appeal to young people….

Why is that so? IMO

It follows a Scientific Method, evidence based…..
    There has to be repeated observable experiment that should consistently showed the same result for something to be called Scientific truth.

Logic….. these are man tool as well…. it follows a rule: a premise, an assumption: taken for granted as truth so as man can arrive with conclusion = logical truth
    What can be a more valid premise as bible verses! The bible speaks the Truth!

Now, we know the ways of the devil: truth mixed with lies…

Science have a first name: Natural … the trouble starts when man tries use this tool to explain the what: Supernatural….. miracles, resurrection… of course Natural Science cannot!

Logic: there is this logical fallacy: that is: it appears to be truth but it is false:
    Appeal to Emotion: it appeals not on the merit of issue but on human emotions…
    Why there is suffering, why it was allowed, why such harsh penalty, etc….

Science and Logic are simply human tools.

But I think the best tool we have is: Prayer.

That is: Pray together with your daughter.
  6. C. Activities Related to the Occult One of the greatest areas of demonic exertion of power is to be seen in the involvement of various practices of the occult. For this reason, God commanded Israel to totally stay away from any occult activity because, behind all occult activity , is the presence and control of demons.

We find the command along with the various facets of the occult spelled out in Deuteronomy 18:9-14: When you are come into the land which Jehovah your God gives you, you shall not learn to do after the abominations of those nations. There shall not be found with you any one that makes his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, one that uses divination, one that practises augury, or an enchanter, or a sorcerer, or a charmer, or a consulter with a familiar spirit, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For whosoever does these things is an abomination unto Jehovah: and because of these abominations Jehovah your God does drive them out from before you. You shall be perfect with Jehovah your God. For these nations, that you shall dispossess, hearken unto them that practise augury, and unto diviners; but as for you, Jehovah your God has not suffered you so to do. The various facets of the occult power are spelled out, especially in verses 10-11, and they can be listed as follows: Divination, fortune telling; Augury, soothsaying; Enchanter, magician; Sorcerer, witch; Charmer, hypnotist; Consulter with a familiar spirit, a medium controlled by a demon; Wizard, clairvoyant or psychic person; Necromancer, a medium who consults the dead.

All of these are various facets of the occult, and behind each one of them is the power of demons.

The very word “occult” refers to things which are “covered over,” things which are “mysterious, concealed or hidden.” Involvement in the occult, then, involves an attempt to go beyond the five senses to gain knowledge and understanding. It is an attempt to gain something that is beyond human understanding.

God strictly forbids believers to have any type of involvement with the occult. There is no form of fortune-telling, astrology or any of these things for believers. The Bible strictly forbids any type of involvement.

1. Specific Characteristics There are six important, specific characteristics concerning the occult. First, in every occult practice there is some contact with the demonic world. In spite of claims by mediums, they are not really speaking to the spirits of departed dead ones, but rather, they are speaking to demons who are impersonating the dead. Demons are able to impersonate loved ones and, in séances, this is often what is taking place.

A second characteristic is that all occult practices involve the uncovering of hidden knowledge of the past or the future. As was stated earlier, involvement in the occult is an attempt to gain knowledge and understanding that goes beyond the five senses and to discover knowledge that is hidden or concealed. It is especially this aspect of gaining hidden knowledge to which people are all too often attracted in the area of the occult.

A third characteristic is that most occult practices promise to give the experience of extra power. In many magazines today, one sees advertisements from occult groups, and in most of these cases, they offer some hidden power. The offer of hidden power is a valid one, but it is not of God, for it is a demonic power. Yet this aspect will attract people since they have a desire to be able to control others, either by controlling the mind or by the casting of spells. The promise of power is something that strongly attracts people into the occult. However, once they have gained this power, they become prisoners of the demon who gives them this power and are only opening themselves to total subjection to the darkness of demonism. Many of the so-called “miracles of healings” are really occult power that comes through the means of demons.

A fourth characteristic is that all occult practices may be passed on to the third and fourth generations in a family. Any attempt to seek out the demonic, occult world for knowledge or power is to set the true God aside and to replace Him with the worship of another god. Because this involves the worship of another god; namely , a demon, this kind of involvement creates punishment that can be passed down into the third and fourth generations as stated in Exodus 20:3-5. Many people suffering today through demon oppression and control are suffering not because of their own involvement in the occult, but because of their parents' or grandparents' or even their great-grandparents' involvement in the occult. For this very reason, any believer who knows that someone in his family, even in previous generations, was involved in the practice of the occult, should pray a prayer of renunciation to make sure that there is no continuing demonic control being passed down from generation to generation.

A fifth characteristic is that all occult practices require a meditative or passive state before the demonic world can operate or take control. A demon simply cannot take control of a man, but a man somehow must allow it to happen when he submits himself to demonic control or somehow empties himself in such a way as to let go of his will and neutralize his mind. Hypnotism is an example of this. No one can be hypnotized against his will; he must let go of his will in order to be hypnotized. But having let go of his will, he has opened himself up to control not only by the hypnotist, but by the demonic world as well. Eastern meditation also requires a state of passivity and the neutralizing of the mind. Involvement in drugs can create the same kind of thing in the mind, and opens up this person to demonic activity in his life. Any kind of activity that neutralizes the mind and lets go of the will only allows the will to be thrown up for grabs into the demonic spirit world.

Another characteristic is that many occult practices create a strange magnetism that draws and, at the same time, scares the participant. Many people crave the power and knowledge that involvement in the occult gives. But once they are entangled in the occult, there develops an underlying fear of the very source of that power and knowledge.

These are the six characteristics of the occult world that tend to entrap the practitioner in demonic activity.

Fadingman, KingJ and .:Shine:. says Amen and like this.
  7. Very insightful! I never knew all of that. Or even that that verse you quoted from the Old Testiment existed. Thank you for the information!
  8. Sure!

Here's the link

Aloha friend, goodnight
  9. Deal with the root cause. Attend a good church regularly. Pray for her to get saved.

Good luck, praying for you two.
  10. It's hard to gauge what exactly it is that the site stands for from the little bit of skimming I've done.

Your question implies that there exist an "Occult" or anything like that. There's not much reason to believe there is in my experience, so I'd advise you to research the site for yourself and see if it's promoting negative things or belief in supernatural beings and whatnot. If so, talk to your daughter about whether she believes these things or not and present a reasoned view of these things to her. Gullibility isn't something you want your daughter to fall into.
  11. I will put forth one immediate action: do Ephesians 6:10-18, then Bind the devil and command him to take his hands off your daughter and declare that the Blood of Jesus Christ the Lamb of God is on her and it is between her and all demons and tell him to get under your feet and out of your household. Declare the Blessing Wall up all around your house (from what Satan complained about to God in Job, that he couldn't get at Job because of it). I would even go so far as to march around your house and draw in faith a bloodline of the Blood of Jesus around your property, declaring it off-limits to Satan.

THEN, ask the Father for the words to say to your daughter and ask Him to give you favor with her and that He would break off all deception that the devil has brought and cause her to see the Truth, having her spiritual senses opened and alert to Him. (if she isn't saved yet, pray that the Father would prepare her to receive Jesus and TAKE her salvation in prayer (believe you receive whatsoever things YOU desire when you pray - Mark 11:24)). And command the angels to carry these things out (Psalm 103:20 and Hebrews 1:14)

Then go speak to her in faith that God has opened the doors for you to have shalom in your home, with a saved daughter who seeks Jesus and follows Him. Someone is going to teach your daughter; it will either be you (with the Lord), or the devil. The choice is obvious. Don't be afraid, God is with you, as He has promised. And STAND on the promises of the Word (Gal 3:29 Psalm 89:34). Go for it! Success is around the corner if you haven't found it already! Hallelujah!
  12. When my kids were growing up I constantly played the bible in the house all the time. If I didn't play that, it was music praising God. We didn't have t.v. The bible was speaking faith into them consistently, and they are solid rocks because of it.

Does your daughter have a relationship with God? If so ask her whether she thinks this site is what God wants her watching. Give her scripture like, "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things (Philippians 4:8).

Ask her if this site is causing her to think these things? How? What benefit is she getting from the site? I never watered down scripture or assumed my children couldn't understand because they were too young. They had the Holy Spirit, so of course they could understand.

Remember that Satan does not have the grip on your children if you don't let him. Fill your children's lives with so much scripture and example that they will spiritually understand from God.

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect (Romans 12:2).

"be made new in the attitude of your minds; and... put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness (Ephesians 4:23-24).

Ask if this is helping her to be holy and loving. Does she think that Jesus would watch this site? Why or why not?

By making her answer the questions and then by guiding her from her Answers you will help her make a final decision according to scriptures rather than her own opinion.
    AllieWi likes this.
  13. Children will try to find something with power when there is no power of God in the Parents life. Talk is cheap when we have no anointing or faith in God.

Children learn best by example, and why my son when sick always came to me to pray that it would go away in the name of Jesus. Sickness does not belong to us.

One time finding a mass of ants under the fridge my son came to me saying we need to spray dad. There were ants everywhere, and I was about to get the spray when it just flooded me. Bug infestation is part of the curse, and Jesus redeemed me from that curse.

I took my son and went over to the ants and said, "Ants, you don't belong here and must leave in Jesus name."

The next day my son came and got me and showed me masses of dead ants everywhere. I have to admit, I was shocked also.

The child shares the same covenant with God that the parents do. Talk is cheap, examples of a real God last forever in the mind of a child. God is real, the Word is truth and they shall not depart from it.

We need to stop talking our kids into loving God, they need to see God in our lives.

Follow the rest of the advice given here by others, take action.

Genesis 1:1 likes this.
  14. Talk may be cheap when the Spirit isn't in the talk, but when God's Spirit is in the words it is the same power as doing any other type of outward manifestation. God's Spirit speaking through us is an outward manifestation of power. Not only that the Word of God itself is life and power.

"faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ" (Romans 10:17).

"For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart" (Hebrews 4:12).

What is that life? It is love. It is truth. It is light. God is love. God is truth. God is light. The word is life and spoken from a believer it creates the life of love as a manifestation.

What if everyone had faith to manifest everything they wanted, but no love. Faith would be worthless without love. Would you want to live in a world where you had control over all elements, but everyone in that world was self absorbed. I am looking forward to when not only do people manifest, but their manifestations are all outward givings of love. This is true life.
  15. Well, what you said for the part I had not quoted is true, but may be a bit deep for some. Faith can't work without Love. (Gal 5:6 I think)

I was trying to keep it basic, and not add the Mountain Moving faith lesson. Kids want to see God's power in the life of the parents. If the parents speak doubt, worry, then the kids assume the God the talk about just is not listening.

I am not suggesting parents have to split the red sea to get their attention.

Even my Ant Example which the wife brought to my remembrance, I was prompted by something inside me. I would not have done that without being prompted about it by the Holy Spirit. I have zero ability on my own.

That is a whole lesson on being spirit led.

I wish it worked like that when I wanted it to work like that. I would be driving my Lamborghini by now.

Be blessed.
  16. Bring her up in the Word of God, pray for her and communicate. Love her as a Christian parent. Trust in God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit to protect her. We Christians live in the world, but are not part of it. :)
  17. Did anyone else get that link to work? Is it the right one?
  18. The OP never replied to any post, did they? Must have been a scam to get folks to go to the site?
  19. It's weird though because it just takes you to a random search engine. Oh well...:unsure: