Are Children Who Die Before The Age Of Accountability Saved?

I would disagree on two counts. First, Ps. 51:5 & 58:3 call children sinners, and that very word indicates that a sinner is held responsible for his or her sin. That includes the guilt of sin and the susceptability of its penalty which is eternal death. I believe children are saved, but however they are saved it must have been through the redemption in Christ for there is no other course for salvation. Second, Paul also wrote, "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord" (2 Cor. 5:8). If the Lord is in heaven, then all Christians who have left their bodies are present with Him also.

I would say the point is IF they don't sin then there is nothing to be saved from.

I believe that those tempted AFTER the 1000 year reign are the children born IN that period ONLY. As the children referenced in this thread are NOT considered IN CHRIST, I don't believe they will be part of the first resurrection, but that their names, ARE written in the Book of Life and therefore will receive eternal life after the second resurrection.
They MAY be in Paradise, but NO one is in heaven but God and Jesus.
But is the book of life not written in His blood / can only be those who are saved?

This discussion just becomes guessing after a while. At least we both agree that they are definitely not in hell.

I have seen anything that says it is written in His blood. It is called the Book of Life, NOT Salvation.

No I don't think it is guessing. I think it is the Holy Spirit making some things clearer to us as we read God's Word.
Remember, the Holy Spirit came to remind us and to instruct us. He is the means by which God's laws are written on our hearts and He is the means by which we learn some things NOT shown in scripture.

To have the sin nature is not the same as having sinned.
Children up to the age of reason are innocent in the literal sense of the word, they have not sinned, so will not be condemned. This has been confirmed by the Saints and quite a few who have had Near Death Experiences.
BTW this also applies to the retarded and otherwise mentally handicapped.

To have the sin nature is not the same as having sinned.
Children up to the age of reason are innocent in the literal sense of the word, they have not sinned, so will not be condemned. This has been confirmed by the Saints and quite a few who have had Near Death Experiences.
BTW this also applies to the retarded and otherwise mentally handicapped.

Good point...I did not consider those people, who obviously cannot cognitively sin.

Back