Are All Forgiven?

Calvin, with all do respect, all this does is make me question the entire translation of the bible.

I feel like I'm being mean by asking these questions, so please don't take it the wrong way at all! I just want to get to the point where I can speak confidently to those about Christ because I know others have these questions too. Thank you for being understanding and patient~
Well Tink, you should instead feel empowered. There are a few, not many passages that are not straight forward, not easily understood.
Let me ask you, how do you now feel about the Malachi Passage? If someone threw that at you, could you give an informed answer?
Psa 11:5 is one of those not easily answered questions, but that does not mean the whole Bible is wrong., nor should these things cause you to loose faith in the translations. The Hebrew literal really agrees with the septuagint version and when you think about it, the person who loves iniquity is hurting themselves rather than others..those they hate. Now did I read that sentiment in this thread a bit earlier? I think I did!
Tink, I don't mind you asking questions at all...... keep asking til you are satisfied with the answers you are getting(y)

OK, if God knows who is going to be saved, are we just acting out Gods play?I know I put on another thread if there was no free will then we would be ^, but if everyone is saying he knows, which-how can't he? Then, we are just acting out a big play. I'm confused!! By the way, this is in no way, shape or form, me doubting God and Jesus, but it makes me question why all of this is happening when He knows what is going to happen. I'm incredibly confused about the concept of free will. You have no idea how terribly thrown off I am about that aspect of our Lord. It really troubles me.
You have to think of God according to how scripture describes Him. God is good. God is impartial. God is just. God is fair. God is love. God is the all mighty. God is our creator.

Just as if I had to describe you. Life is blonde. Life is a young lady. If I said Life is a male. I would be a liar. If I insinuated that because Life wears pants and cuts her hair short she is a man, I would be a liar. We have to think of the God 'is' scriptures as ''absolute definitions'' of God.

Impartiality does simply not exist with God to be a factor to consider. Some people say that God can be whatever they want and whomever He wants to be. ie God can be a little girl who dresses up like a pink fairy. No! God is God. God is not a human. God is not an angel. God is not partial.

So why did God allow this? Calvin said : "The Lord selected Jacob to be the link in the lineage to Christ." Why would God allow a liar to be the link in lineage to Christ?

I wont lie, that part in Genesis is really throwing me off and almost seems like a fable.

Life.........Look closely at Matt. 1:1-5 and the geneology of Jesus Christs's blood line.

There are 4 women of quetionable lives but God placed them there.

Tamar....................... She was the mother of 2 illegitamate sons.
Rahab......... ..............She was a prostitute.
Ruth...........................She was a Gentile.
The wife of Urriah.....That was Bathsheba.

Then there is David. Is there a sin that he did NOT committ???

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth upon Him shal have eteral life".

He did that in the face of....

Rom. 3:23
"All have sinned and come short of the glory of God".

All of that tells us that God hates sin as calvin correctly said, but He loves the sinner.

I'm sorry, this does nothing for me. I need answers and clear answers. Sorry Rusty, we can go around and around with metaphors, analogies, comparisons, etc, but it does nothing to explain the word to someone so new to this (albeit, non denominational Christianity) I hope you understand where my frustration is coming from.

Jacob is told by his mom to put fake hair on his arms because is poor dad is blind and pretend to be the other son in order to get blessed. That's TWO people lying and God moves forward and blesses him just because Jacobs dad says so? Then God hates Esau? What? Really? I read NO where in Genesis prior to this, that Esau was a bad man. This story doesn't make sense.

Tink....I do not know if this will help you and I am not trying to interject myself here, only trying to give you something a little more down to earth and literal in understanding.

When the Scripture speaks of the love and hate of Jacob and Essau in Malichi 1:1-2, it is that God's love for Jacob was shown in His choice and persavation of Jacob/Israel.

The expression we are talking about involves the use of a Hebrew idiom. If a father had two sons and made one his heir, he was said to LOVE the one he had made the heir and to HATE the one that was not made the heir.

The LOVE and HATE spoken of are not related to the emotions we think of but instead are related to the WILL of God.

God, by the act of His soverign will, chose Israel rather than Esau.

Ruth being a Gentile does NOT make her questionable or in the ranks of whores and adulteresses.

Moses' wife Miriam was a Gentile.

Thank you Rusty for you observation.

Tink asked this.........
" Why would God allow a liar to be the link in lineage to Christ?

I was simply showing that God allowed more than liars to be involved in the birthline of Messiah Jesus. He allowed flawed human beings who He used to fulfill His will and purpose.
IMO, she was questionable. I did not say she was a whore or an adultress but "questionable".

But she was in fact a godly foreigner, a Moabitess.

Ruth being a Gentile does NOT make her questionable or in the ranks of whores and adulteresses.

Moses' wife Miriam was a Gentile.
I think the obvious point here is that the lineage of Jesus (as supposed through Joseph was not always through Godly covenant stock.
Yet having said that.......Major, Jesus is the direct Son of God, but also the son of Mary. His human lineage went through Mary, not Joseph see Luke 3. Interestingly, Boaz who was a thoroughbred Hebrew did marry Ruth who bore him a son Obed the father of Jesse, the father of David. But you are right David was a bounder and a cad.

I think that Tink is absorbing a lot right now, and along with that we have the different Bible translations, different perspectives etc...that may be creating an enormous amount of confusion. Overall, I think she is taking it all in extremely well! :D

@ Tink; Here are a few points to consider about the Bible:

Take the Bible literally
Take the Bible figuratively
The Bible is prophetic
The Bible is historical
The Bible is instructive-directive
The Bible is a 'Living Testimony' of the Lord

Why am I listing these things you may ask? Think of it like this-would the Lord have us living in an eternity of singularity? Do we live in a world of singularity? What I mean by singularity is this: only one course of action-only one path to follow. Do we not have choice? And choice = freedom/ liberty.

Now if you want to argue that the Lord has only 'one' righteous path to Heaven through Christ-there is no argument from me there. But on that path-do we all walk the same path? Do we all live and are born at the same time? Do we all have the same knowledge? Do we all have the same skills? We follow a God of diversity (for lack of a better word)-a multifaceted Deity.

Therefore, wouldn't it make sense that the Word also be the same? Like Calvin stated-questions are a good thing-just make sure that you don't talk yourself out of salvation.

What is your purpose?

1: To glorify God
2: To love
3: To be loved....

I think one of the 'doctrines' that seems to be brushed aside and not discussed enough with new believers is 'consuming' the Word. Sure we say it-but do we teach people how to 'digest' the Word and absorb the spiritual nutrients.

Tink you're hungry-which is GREAT! Make sure you are eating and keeping down the right spiritual food where you are in your walk. Also, like with food-we can sometimes not get enough or try to eat too much...

I'm sorry, this does nothing for me. I need answers and clear answers. Sorry Rusty, we can go around and around with metaphors, analogies, comparisons, etc, but it does nothing to explain the word to someone so new to this (albeit, non denominational Christianity) I hope you understand where my frustration is coming from.

Jacob is told by his mom to put fake hair on his arms because is poor dad is blind and pretend to be the other son in order to get blessed. That's TWO people lying and God moves forward and blesses him just because Jacobs dad says so? Then God hates Esau? What? Really? I read NO where in Genesis prior to this, that Esau was a bad man. This story doesn't make sense.
Well here is my understanding of the problem you raise.
The lies and deceit that were fed to Isaac were wrong. We can't escape that fact. But I see two things operating here. One already covered is the fact that the Lord had chosen to work through Jacob's line and at the same time He did keep His word that Esau would 'ben' a nation of peoples 'Edom'
Secondly, So who ever said that God had to bless the first born? In fact look at what happened to Egypt's first born...Look at what happened to Jesus? But also look at the choice between Ishmael and Isaac. Isaac was not the first born to Abram, now renamed Abraham, but the covenant was decreed to come through Him according to the promise made by the Lord.
Rom 9:7 and not all are children of Abraham because they are his offspring, but "Through Isaac shall your offspring be named."
Rom 9:8 This means that it is not the children of the flesh who are the children of God, but the children of the promise are counted as offspring.
There are many more verses that cover this business Tink, but I don't want to get far ahead of your questions. So, How am I doing so far?

Yes....she is in your list of sexual failed women; that is crystal clear.
Yet you still think a Gentile is ...what? Impure? Not fit to be in the lineage of the world's Saviour?
Your opinion is a that a "godly" Gentile is questionable?

I find this objectionable.
I think it is past due Rusty that mature Christians put away sniping and poor fellowship antics.
Major did not suggest that Ruth was a fast woman. I have read and re-read what he said and though I don't agree 100% with his reasoning, I can see where he might be coming from.
Rom 9:8 This means that it is not the children of the flesh who are the children of God, but the children of the promise are counted as offspring.
Ruth, being a convert to the Hebrew ways of Naomi and subsequent marriage to Boaz sort of brings her the status of a child of the promise by adoption, but not blood. If someone were to simply think of her, by her birth as a Moabitess as the word of God tells us, why misrepresent what he says?
Major and I do not always agree, but neither of us are laying in wait to attack the other.

Sometimes, our forgiveness lies in the hands of others. Think about it. Obviously God forgives because He's God. But this scripture says that if we don't forgive others, then we cannot receive the forgiveness of the Father.
Dear sister, i read your posts and i just Love your passion for God, i would like to add something in Here....When ever we read the gospel we must remember that those are the quote of a Jesus who has not yet shed His blood for the forgiveness of sins so Christ is speaking how is like to be under the law, in fact under the law if you dont forgive you shall not be forgiven...but in the night he was betrayed for the first time Jesus talk about the new covenant when he said this is the blood of the new covenant that is shed for the remissions of sins and then the day after he was offered a the Ultimate sacrifice (The Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the World) so only after the cross(Blood shed) now we forgive not to be forgiven but because we have been forgiven Colossians 3:13 and by the way God forgave the world and gave us the ministry of reconciliation to tell the world that God through Christ reconcil them to Himself 2Cor5:19 . So the World willing it or not has been forgiven and reconcile to God through the Death of Christ that's why we call it Gospel (Good News) But it's up to Them Now to receive this Gift and be born again....Hope this post will make sense to you be bless and continue to be a blessing Amen

The wife of Moses was Sephora, and to understand the reason why God acted so hard against the attack of Miriam and Aaron we need to understand the revelation behind the story first of all, Moses is a type of Christ in the bible that's simply mean that God talk about his son in the story of moses, then if Moses is a type of christ his wife must be a gentile, just like the bride of christ who is made of Gentile, you see this things through all the bible, exemple the wife of Joseph son of Jacob was gentile, the wife of samson was gentile, the wife of Boaze (ruth) was gentile and all this men are type of Christ. So now when you put it in that perpective now you understand why God was so protective of Moses Wife because she tipifie the Church!!! Another Proof of that is Sephoras saying to Moses that the blood was the base of their Marriage Covenant In Exodus 4:25
Ps The name is Sephoras is in French, In English is Zipporas

Dear sister, i read your posts and i just Love your passion for God, i would like to add something in Here....When ever we read the gospel we must remember that those are the quote of a Jesus who has not yet shed His blood for the forgiveness of sins so Christ is speaking how is like to be under the law, in fact under the law if you dont forgive you shall not be forgiven...but in the night he was betrayed for the first time Jesus talk about the new covenant when he said this is the blood of the new covenant that is shed for the remissions of sins and then the day after he was offered a the Ultimate sacrifice (The Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the World) so only after the cross(Blood shed) now we forgive not to be forgiven but because we have been forgiven Colossians 3:13 and by the way God forgave the world and gave us the ministry of reconciliation to tell the world that God through Christ reconcil them to Himself 2Cor5:19 . So the World willing it or not has been forgiven and reconcile to God through the Death of Christ that's why we call it Gospel (Good News) But it's up to Them Now to receive this Gift and be born again....Hope this post will make sense to you be bless and continue to be a blessing Amen
You are right! :) Thanks for that clarification! :) Haven't studied that scripture too much.

The expression we are talking about involves the use of a Hebrew idiom. If a father had two sons and made one his heir, he was said to LOVE the one he had made the heir and to HATE the one that was not made the heir.

The LOVE and HATE spoken of are not related to the emotions we think of but instead are related to the WILL of God.

Thank you Major! You're more than welcome to interject and I appreciate the "down to earth/literal" explanation". Something I greatly enjoy. :) Could you provide me a resource where it states what you mentioned (what I quoted)?

Woah, Boniface.. What a nice welcome from you! I am Lov N it. Love it. This is exactly what I needed to hear and kind of what I was getting at. Thank you for clarifying.

BTW, nice to meet you. You can call me Tink.

Here's a question for you Boniface: I think the fact that the first mighty outreach outside of Israel by the Apostles was by Philip (Acts 8:27,39) to the Ethiopian eunuch. I suggest that the Ethiopian Church is the oldest on earth today.

Do you see a type/anti-type lesson here as well?
Dear Rusty, The first Oureach by any apostle in the bible was made by peter in cornelius House, Cornelius was A Gentile but the Eunuch was a Jew who lived in Etiophia remember that the bible said that he went in Jerusalem to worship, infact many jew were living already Outside of Israel due to the 2 deportations that we can find in the books of Kings and Chronicles. Notice that text said that he was reading Isaiah so I truly believe that he was a Jew further more when Peter went in Cornelius House He needed to explain the all matter to the church in Jerusalem and there they Understood that Salvation was also Granted to the Gentiles Acts 11:18 so My conclusion is that the Eunuch was a Jew Living in Etiophia, remember also that in the day of pentecost there were Jews coming from different places to Worship infact from the Old Testament it was required to the Jews to travel to Jerusalem three Times a Year (For the feast of Passover, Unleven Bread and First Fruits; For the Feast of Pentecost 50 days after Passover; and then Trumpet, attonement and Tabernacles) Now concerning the fact to be the Oldest church, we dont have any proofs from the bible because in the text we just see Philip leading the Eunuch to Christ and baptize Him, Philip never instructed him to build a Church, Paul who was The apostle to the Gentiles (That mean all of us who are not Jews) Never wrotes to a church in Ethiopia, we dont have any record in the bible of the church of Jerusalem sending Apostle to Go in ethiopia Like In Acts 8:14-15 , Nowhere in the New testament it mentioned about this church in Ethiopia. When you compare the Orthodox Ethiopian church with the Church in Acts you see Huge differences, Just one of them could be that they acchieve the New birth by baptism(Souds like Catholic) whereby we Acchieve New birth by Believing Rom 10:9, there is no Baptism of the Holy spirit with Evidence of speaking in Tongue. In Conclusion (Finaly lool) are they saved probably because salvation it is obtained only by believing In Jesus but can we say that they are the Oldest Church on earth today, it is hard for me to think so because of they core value and beliefs, but if you like to think so i would not debate you nor contradict you and if anyone is from the Ethiopian Church, please my intention is not to be disrespectful to you be bless Amen!!!

I agree with those who have said that forgiveness of others is a blessing you give yourself. I know the old adage "to forgive AND forget" is powerful, however I don't think God is asking us to forget the lessons we gain on earth. IMO, he is asking us not to judge others, lest we be judged for our own failings. To forgive another means that you have understood the lesson given you for yourself and not for the person who has trespassed against us. Their lesson can only be understood by them (if they do) and change their ways for their own salvation.

Back